hiball

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last week i went to leave work and for some reason when i went to turn the key and start the truck i got nothing. First assumed i left something on and killed the battery. After about 10 tries it finally turned over. Did not loose my presets and got home battery tested fine. Turned it off and on a few more times no more issues. I also noticed right away an issue with my bluetooth connection. I connect and use pandora for my music as our local radio stations suck. When i went to sources and went to change it from FM to my phone it gave me an error "no bluetooth device connected" but here is the catch. it was connected because i was on the phone through my truck with the dealership. They recommended i just forget the connection and repair my device to the truck from scratch. I did and no issues over the last week. Now fast forward to today, i went to go to work and noticed a mile or so later my main screen that controls the radio and such was black. no buttons worked to get it back on. i stopped at closest gas station and turned the truck off and back on. Right away the ford logo in the center of the screen showed so i know the screen was working, but it went black and stayed black. After a few more restarts the screen is back on. There is something obviously elctronically wrong here. Any ideas? the dealership cant get me in until the 6th and said just unplug my battery and plug it back in and if that works i wont need to have them look at it. Im sorry a brand new truck i shouldnt have to be resetting my battery to resolve anything. They said unless its doing it while they have it in the shop there may be no way to address the issue. With it as random and intermitant as it has been im sure it wont be acting up when they have it.
Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think most people have issues with the radio and/or screen. Mine will randomly freeze, increase volume, or lock up. Updates do no good. Usuallyrestarting the vehicle clears everything. I’ve become resigned to living with it.

OP
OP
hiball

hiball

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks Anton. Im up in the Adirondacks. Nice to see another NYer.

Deleted member 1370

Yea what Anton said. If you restart the vehicle it usually fixes it. Otherwise there is a way to hard reboot it which I think is hold down the play button and the next song button down for a certain amount of seconds

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks Anton. Im up in the Adirondacks. Nice to see another NYer.
I was just up at Americade last week and rode through Saranac. I spent a lot of time in Piercefield/Tupper Lake growing up. We live in the Capital District but also have a place in Wells. We spend as much time as we can up there.

Sponsored

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you performed the software update on the radio? Mine constantly glitched out before and now is pretty much faultless.

OP
OP
hiball

hiball

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you performed the software update on the radio? Mine constantly glitched out before and now is pretty much faultless.
Yes i have but not since i got it a few months ago. i can check to see if it needs another though.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of a software update- How do you actually get this infotainment unit to successfully complete a - Check for Update command ? Mine just spins and does nothing and I can park it 75 feet from a legit router- Thxs

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I also noticed right away an issue with my bluetooth connection. I connect and use pandora for my music as our local radio stations suck. When i went to sources and went to change it from FM to my phone it gave me an error "no bluetooth device connected" but here is the catch. it was connected because i was on the phone through my truck with the dealership.
Bluetooth has limited bandwidth. So limited that there are only two available audio channels for any given connection. This is usually stereo output or mono output + microphone. Your phone cannot connect for audio streaming while you are using the bluetooth connection for a phone call.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bluetooth has limited bandwidth. So limited that there are only two available audio channels for any given connection. This is usually stereo output or mono output + microphone. Your phone cannot connect for audio streaming while you are using the bluetooth connection for a phone call.
Modes are automatically switched when a call comes through. You can choose from the phone to connect in call only mode, audio only mode or both, though.

Sponsored

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of a software update- How do you actually get this infotainment unit to successfully complete a - Check for Update command ? Mine just spins and does nothing and I can park it 75 feet from a legit router- Thxs
Seems to be up to luck :( try performing a reset before attempting again. By the way, I think the software fix applies to non sync systems, you seem to have a lariat lux which should have sync 3 and probably has different issues and software versions.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to be up to luck :( try performing a reset before attempting again. By the way, I think the software fix applies to non sync systems, you seem to have a lariat lux which should have sync 3 and probably has different issues and software versions.
Gotcha- Thx for the info-
Sponsored