Sponsored

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
Funny you should say that about the bed if you have a chance to look at one in person (I have)open the back door and you can see that the bed is bolted on for removal in the event off an accident
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update!

Front plate bracket removed. Bought some cheap bumper plugs on Amazon in black. Dealer popped these in as two are in the black plastic, and two in the paint. They painted two Cactus Gray to match. This will probably fade over time so I may invest in premium bumperplugs.com in Cactus Gray. However, as of now, they are a special order for $75 for 4 (can’t order 2). Im willing to split with someone!

I left the two paint defects alone. They are not noticeable to a normal person at all. I can barely see them up close until I really look. Otherwise, they had to repaint the whole panel and there’s a chance it could just look off.

Buffed a few scratches out that I found by the rear wheel.

A very small piece of the dashboard has peeled up a little (I think from a hot pizza box). Not really anything I can do there, and it’s hardly noticeable.

The bedliner corner issue is mostly unfixable. They put some touch up paint over it. Still not perfect but looks a little better.

Overall, several minor issues, but this is my first new car ever so I’m a little over the top so far. I love the truck!

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Sounds like you got a good dealer who is going to get you set right. Yeah that #4 is super weird, what does the other side look like?
The installer had a little too much teqiulla at lunch time.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly I still don’t know. I’m going to ask them when I go back.
...the usual way to find cracks in metal castings is by Magnetic Particle Inspection. My background is in the Steel Industry though...not experienced with cast aluminum.
There are other methods (Dye Penetrant for instance).
Regardless of by which method the crack was verified, someone at that dealership had a damned sharp eye!
Maybe new cast wheels have cracks often enough that they're always inspected pre-delivery to customer.

Cracks can develop in cast wheels as they age...cracks in brand new wheels should be caught long before they get to the final assembly line.

Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wha? If you gotta remove the bed from a unibody truck that sounds like a totaled truck lol. In what case would that happen?

Is it bolted, or is it welded?
...Yes, apparently the Bed is bolted to the front portion of the body. I read about it someplace, can't recall where.
The small, horizontal joints in the sheet metal just aft of the back doors gives it away.
IMHO it's probably not a bad detail at all.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
...the usual way to find cracks in metal castings is by Magnetic Particle Inspection. My background is in the Steel Industry though...not experienced with cast aluminum.
Regardless of by which method the crack was verified, someone at that dealership had a damned sharp eye!
Maybe new cast wheels have cracks often enough that they're always inspected pre-delivery to customer.

Cracks can develop in cast wheels as they age...cracks in brand new wheels should be caught long before they get to the final assembly line.
I'm surprised there is no recall. This is a safety issue.

TNBubba

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT LUX CO360 velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I’ve made a few posts about my XLT in Cactus Gray. Let me start by saying I love this truck, and I’m happy with my dealer. They gave me the Z plan, and more for my trade in than I even paid for it last year! They are also helping me get all of these issues fixed!

1) they found a crack in one of my wheels and said they are replacing all 4(I still don’t see the crack)

2) my interior weatherstripping on the driver side door is not flush with the door, and the truck whistles past 50 mph

3) there is a very small paint chip/bubble on the rear passenger side

4) on the rear window where the bedliner meets, someone did a really sloppy job. Honestly don’t know what’s going on with that.

Side note,

I used my Ford points and ordered the tailgate damper, black Maverick lettering, and FITS package through FairwayFordParts. They were 20% cheaper than directly through the Ford app, and free shipping. Plus they accept Ford points.

I also ordered a Gator tonneau through realtruck.com. I have the guys email. He gives 20% off the website price and free shipping if you contact him directly.

AFCF7227-FC6E-40C1-AF8A-65E4ED9F0084.jpeg

9738D950-1D86-42B1-BE7F-F74CFFFEFC39.jpeg

5FE433AA-2E2B-47BA-99FF-BC50F8414F23.jpeg

220B4402-2E78-4E41-AE43-9E38293D60F9.jpeg

1BC21368-4959-4DF7-AC1F-027533CFE94C.png
Please share the email contract data for 20% discount on tonneau cover. Getting closer to ordering mine when get scheduled for build in March.

Sponsored

My1stTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the other hand, I have yet to find a flaw in mine.
Judging from the numerous, documented known issues of the brand new 2022 Mavericks, ranging from very minor to major, I think that, sadly, it is basically just "a crap shot" or "luck of the draw" as to whether or not your vehicle produced will have any issues or not, and if so, to what degree of seriousness they will be. Don't get me know, It shouldn't be like this, but I knew that there was a chance of it being the case, since it was a brand new 1st year vehicle to the market and with that, there is always a risk. I'd just hoped that they would be only minor and much less frequent, and numerous.

Congrats on being one of the lucky ones and I hope that continues

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I’ve made a few posts about my XLT in Cactus Gray. Let me start by saying I love this truck, and I’m happy with my dealer. They gave me the Z plan, and more for my trade in than I even paid for it last year! They are also helping me get all of these issues fixed!

1) they found a crack in one of my wheels and said they are replacing all 4(I still don’t see the crack)

2) my interior weatherstripping on the driver side door is not flush with the door, and the truck whistles past 50 mph

3) there is a very small paint chip/bubble on the rear passenger side

4) on the rear window where the bedliner meets, someone did a really sloppy job. Honestly don’t know what’s going on with that.

Side note,

I used my Ford points and ordered the tailgate damper, black Maverick lettering, and FITS package through FairwayFordParts. They were 20% cheaper than directly through the Ford app, and free shipping. Plus they accept Ford points.

I also ordered a Gator tonneau through realtruck.com. I have the guys email. He gives 20% off the website price and free shipping if you contact him directly.

AFCF7227-FC6E-40C1-AF8A-65E4ED9F0084.jpeg

9738D950-1D86-42B1-BE7F-F74CFFFEFC39.jpeg

5FE433AA-2E2B-47BA-99FF-BC50F8414F23.jpeg

220B4402-2E78-4E41-AE43-9E38293D60F9.jpeg

1BC21368-4959-4DF7-AC1F-027533CFE94C.png
How do you like your tonneu cover?

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Congrats on being one of the lucky ones and I hope that continues
I believe that the “lucky ones “ ARE the norm. It would be a disservice and disrespectful to an OP with an issue if everyone who doesn’t have the issue posted.

A central aspect of EVERY online forum is that people with an issue are sharing the problem or seeking a path to a solution. I use forums frequently to make decisions and solve problems.

But, be careful about drawing conclusions about frequency within a population (all maverick owners) from a flawed sample (owners documenting issues on a posting board)

Last edited:

Rusty Tom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

My tire guy tells me that defects in OEM wheels are not uncommon. The crack may have been found when the tire failed to maintain air pressure. Railroads use "dingers" to check for cracks in steel wheels. At any rate it speaks well of the dealer or Ford to replace with wheels from another lot rather than kludging something together.

Rusty Tom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thank the OP and others for noting defects in their trucks. Most of us do not expect perfection, but letting Ford and other buyers know about these things is an important part of product improvement. Pooling our experience, quality information and workaround info is what makes a forum such an asset. Less so for criticism, handwringing and restating the obvious (never buy initial production, etc.)

Somebody has to take the risk to make things better for those who follow. I stepped outside my comfort zone because the timing worked for me, I don't need much of what "standard" trucks have become, and it seems like Ford is listening to consumer needs rather than trying to convince each one to buy a Lincoln, Expedition or King Ranch. It's a grand experiment fraught with peril in these unique times, and I hope we win!
Sponsored