Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is spot on truth: " The issue is not a traditional chip shortage mind you, its just automakers need reliability and use oldie but goodie chips designed TWENTY years ago while ignoring the chip makers pleads for them to update their tech. " Most people are not aware, at least I suspect that to be the case?
I wish they would forgo some of the systems that require these chips, put in a manual transmission, and get some vehicles out. The one thing this chip crisis has brought to the surface, is a total reliance on automation. Yeah, I know some safety features require it.
As for the vintage chips, they are at least hardened for the harsh automotive environment. Are these newer, denser, chips tolerant to EMI, temperature, and static issues? Just curious, if anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish they would forgo some of the systems that require these chips, put in a manual transmission, and get some vehicles out. The one thing this chip crisis has brought to the surface, is a total reliance on automation. Yeah, I know some safety features require it.
As for the vintage chips, they are at least hardened for the harsh automotive environment. Are these newer, denser, chips tolerant to EMI, temperature, and static issues? Just curious, if anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Supposedly but this is that old dog new tricks thing

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So many rag on Mexico regarding QC issues, that has nothing to do with it. A friend of mine's wife just brought a new Honda Accord and it has the worst new car body panel alignment I have ever seen, and the interior has defects around the center console as well. Must be that Mexican Honda plant.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Two things.
1. I have a refundable deposit to order my maverick. I did not buy it. If I don't like the maverick for any reason I get my money back, or I find something else I am free to buy it.
2. Open the trunk/hatch on any vehicle you will find similar joint issues.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If this is the worst defect on my truck, I would be more than happy.
Ford Maverick Summary of my 2022 Maverick XLT issues so far 20211020_101459

Ford Maverick Summary of my 2022 Maverick XLT issues so far 20211020_101512

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My newest issue is my Bluetooth connection from the truck to my iPhone 13 Pro Max disconnects and then reconnected almost every drive for about 30 seconds.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My newest issue is my Bluetooth connection from the truck to my iPhone 13 Pro Max disconnects and then reconnected almost every drive for about 30 seconds.
Have you checked to see what else your phone is Bluetooth connected too? I know this might not be the same as what you're experiencing, but I've found that when my Android or my iPod are connected to my hearing aid by Bluetooth and then I connect my motorcycle helmet comms system (Sena) by Bluetooth and play music the songs skips (cycling be music and dead air). What I found was that the Sena and my hearing aids were fighting each other for control. So when I ride now I have to make sure my hearing aids are off (disconnected) so my Sena system can rein over my phone. Not sure if this will help, but it might be worth looking into.

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you checked to see what else your phone is Bluetooth connected too? I know this might not be the same as what you're experiencing, but I've found that when my Android or my iPod are connected to my hearing aid by Bluetooth and then I connect my motorcycle helmet comms system (Sena) by Bluetooth and play music the songs skips (cycling be music and dead air). What I found was that the Sena and my hearing aids were fighting each other for control. So when I ride now I have to make sure my hearing aids are off (disconnected) so my Sena system can rein over my phone. Not sure if this will help, but it might be worth looking into.
I’ve tried that but I don’t have any other things on when I’m driving..so idk??

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok this thread is hilarious and informative for everyone buying a first production vehicle… it WILL have noticeable flaws. Check any new production first year introduction vehicle..

That’s why people wait a year or two to buy.

I’ve been the victim of the “early adopter “ a few times realizing the risks involved. Disheartening yes but hey it comes with the territory. It’s hardest your first time but this is where experience got it’s dubious fame…

Remember that you just had to have it first without waiting 😂

Enjoy as best you can!!

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok this thread is hilarious and informative for everyone buying a first production vehicle… it WILL have noticeable flaws. Check any new production first year introduction vehicle..

That’s why people wait a year or two to buy.

I’ve been the victim of the “early adopter “ a few times realizing the risks involved. Disheartening yes but hey it comes with the territory. It’s hardest your first time but this is where experience got it’s dubious fame…

Remember that you just had to have it first without waiting 😂

Enjoy as best you can!!
Well aware, Andy. Not sure what’s so “hilarious.” Would you rather me not post the issues? I could have just went to the dealer and got everything fixed and not said a word. Instead I posted this to make everyone aware what to look for.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well aware. Not sure what’s so “hilarious.” Would you rather me not post the issues? I could have just went to the dealer and got everything fixed and not said a word.
Well I for one, am glad that you have posted the issues you've found and hope others will post any that they find with their Mavericks. I feel it gives us, MTC, a chance to make sure when we pickup our Mavericks we'll have an idea where to look and put our dealers on the spot to fix any issue. Also I'm thinking that maybe (just maybe) some Ford people are also reading these threads and will try to get ahead of any issues that keep popping and address them at the factory. I'm not sure if there are other forums out there for other new vehicles (except Bronco, I'm aware of that one) so to me this would a good place for any car manufacture to get a healthy sample of what people think of their product. My last new truck was an '08 F150 and it would've never occurred to me to look for or join a forum about that truck, I did look at forums when I had to troubleshot and repair issues with the truck.
Personally, I think this forum is awesome! I've learned a lot about many different things, like purchasing, hybrids, truck lowering, truck lifting (not for me), towing (boy was I doing a lot of things wrong!) and laughing my a$$ off over the meme thread!! So continue posting 99% of us do appreciate it. :)
Sponsored