Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

[QUOTE="Eagle11
What is this video of?

Sounds during hybrid shuddering at engine shut off. Audio only. You're not missing any video.
Here is the issue, its just noises how does any know what it is without video, when my Maverick had the death rattle, I have video/audio of it so they can see it and hear the issue.
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do you video a noise?

Spectroscope I guess.
But I don't have one.
😜

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you video a noise?

Spectroscope I guess.
But I don't have one.
😜
Ok, I listened multiple times to the sound track video of a bobble head doll sitting in the dark on the ice and suspect maybe since it sounds to me like the times the clatter is the loudest is when it occurs really soon after the ice revs up. Could this possibly be bad motor mounts and/or roll restrictor? The ice roll would be more pronounced at the time the increased rpm???

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok, I listened multiple times to the sound track video of a bobble head doll sitting in the dark on the ice and suspect maybe since it sounds to me like the times the clatter is the loudest is when it occurs really soon after the ice revs up. Could this possibly be bad motor mounts and/or roll restrictor? The ice roll would be more pronounced at the time the increased rpm???
I find your post figuratively and literately interesting.

Taking your bobble head comment in jest, I appreciate your comment that had there been no context, the sounds could come from thousands of sources. However, I feel the context is clear in this case. You know from the textual descriptions (even the name of this site) the context of what you are listening too.

Since it is internal to the engine, video would not be helpful. Sure, you'd know if it were day or night, and maybe know if it were raining or not. Not helpful to this situation, I feel.

But I find your impressions most interesting. This is turning out to be a white dress / blue dress thing.

It is 100% of the time (or so close to 100% of the time to round up) clanking and clattering when the engine shuts down. When RPM's are decreasing rapidly. This is why "some" people (not me) describe it as "dieseling".

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find your post figuratively and literately interesting.

Taking your bobble head comment in jest, I appreciate your comment that had there been no context, the sounds could come from thousands of sources. However, I feel the context is clear in this case. You know from the textual descriptions (even the name of this site) the context of what you are listening too.

Since it is internal to the engine, video would not be helpful. Sure, you'd know if it were day or night, and maybe know if it were raining or not. Not helpful to this situation, I feel.

But I find your impressions most interesting. This is turning out to be a white dress / blue dress thing.

It is 100% of the time (or so close to 100% of the time to round up) clanking and clattering when the engine shuts down. When RPM's are decreasing rapidly. This is why "some" people (not me) describe it as "dieseling".
Mr Bobble head came along solely for those that felt a need to see something while they listened. The clanking/rattle is somewhat interesting in that as I understand, it occurs whether truck is in motion or not and would appear to be solely related to engine. I am needing to review John Kelley's hf45 teardown video to hopefully clarify a couple things. I have 15k miles on my first edition hybrid lariat and at around 3k miles had some noticable issues some since appear periodically for a short time, but if relatively quiet may be happening more often. Not that it matters probably one twit but I try on or around the first of the month to drive in each mode and in Low in each two or three miles. (Just came to mind that manual states to turn off ready status several minutes before disconnecting 12v battery as the data including some from ice takes time to shutdown and save things to memory.).

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi all!

Some 2023 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a shudder or vibration when the vehicle is braking at 15 mph or below, when the gas engine shuts down and the vehicle is operating in electric mode only. This may be due to the software in the powertrain control module (PCM). We've recently released TSB-23-2209 which instructs Ford dealers to install revised software into the PCM to resolve the engine shudder concern. This TSB only addresses 2023 MY, however we are finishing testing for 2022 MY and will re-publish the TSB at that time. The dealer will need to inspect your vehicle to diagnose the concern and determine if your issue is related to this TSB. As a reminder, you can find more TSB information for your VIN, make and MY at https://www.ford.com/support/ and https://www.ford.ca/support/?gnav=header-support. Please let us know how your Maverick feels with the new software.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Ford ... I got a question. I have a March 10th 2022, 37506 build.
What else can I expect? Why are you not sending me warnings what to look for? You have collected massive amount of data from MTC members and you have collected data from others who don't subscribe here. If you knew my axles were bad or had a chance of going bad, why didn't you send a letter. I sure hope nothing happens till they get the new ones on. It sure does wobble. What else do I need to look for???? Come on, be up front.

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!

Some 2023 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a shudder or vibration when the vehicle is braking at 15 mph or below, when the gas engine shuts down and the vehicle is operating in electric mode only. This may be due to the software in the powertrain control module (PCM). We've recently released TSB-23-2209 which instructs Ford dealers to install revised software into the PCM to resolve the engine shudder concern. This TSB only addresses 2023 MY, however we are finishing testing for 2022 MY and will re-publish the TSB at that time. The dealer will need to inspect your vehicle to diagnose the concern and determine if your issue is related to this TSB. As a reminder, you can find more TSB information for your VIN, make and MY at https://www.ford.com/support/ and https://www.ford.ca/support/?gnav=header-support. Please let us know how your Maverick feels with the new software.
How do I find the software build in my maverick to see if I already have this software? I’m still having this issue and it seems to be getting worst. Nothing comes up on the ford website. Thanks!

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has to be connected to the Ford Service computer to read the software package. There MIGHT be a way to log into Ford Service where you get the modules to see what software package is showing. But I have not looked into that.
Typically Dealers are not going to hook up to your vehicle free of charge....unless you have a concern that might be covered under warranty.

Sponsored

Planman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is very interesting and good information. Lots of discussion has been made over the transmission mount causing the shudder, but clearly, if a replacement didn't solve it then we need to look elsewhere . . . thus the axle. Thanks for posting. Let us know if the axle replacement solves the problem.
My Maverick Lariat Hybrid is sitting at the ford dealer with a bad axle, two weeks and counting. so far no ETA for the part. symptom was vibration on acceleration, especially up hill

• Sad
Reactions: Dad

cdetdi

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!

Just had this done and the new programming is fantastic. Fixes the problem, much much smoother all in all, a must do update.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just had this done and the new programming is fantastic. Fixes the problem, much much smoother all in all, a must do update.
Was this the first or second software update?

Hightech88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine into the shop on Friday with the same shuddering issue (it seems to be getting worse with time). They basically laughed and said it would need to be there for 1 week to fix. I gave them the tech bulletin and everything. Truck sat there all day for a state inspection nothing else was addressed. What is wrong with these service centers nowadays? Any corporate Ford folks on this thread that can help me out? It is a pain to get an appointment in the first place but then to be told they're too busy for a schedule service is next level.

They also wanted $70 per tire to patch plugs. Anyone else getting a bunch of nails in their tires? OEM tires seem to be very crappy, they should come with road hazard!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took mine into the shop on Friday with the same shuddering issue (it seems to be getting worse with time). They basically laughed and said it would need to be there for 1 week to fix. I gave them the tech bulletin and everything. Truck sat there all day for a state inspection nothing else was addressed. What is wrong with these service centers nowadays? Any corporate Ford folks on this thread that can help me out? It is a pain to get an appointment in the first place but then to be told they're too busy for a schedule service is next level.

They also wanted $70 per tire to patch plugs. Anyone else getting a bunch of nails in their tires? OEM tires seem to be very crappy, they should come with road hazard!
Dude, really, crappy tires? Stop driving around an area with nails... 21K miles zero nails...
Sponsored