First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the recent batch of test drive videos has anyone found one that shows the acceleration of the hybrid?
Sponsored

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
With the recent batch of test drive videos has anyone found one that shows the acceleration of the hybrid?
Should be fairly swift. One of my family members has a 2020 Honda Insight.

That car when running on electric engine accelerates very quickly in the city. However the acceleration when merging on a freeway is a something to be desired.

Hopefully the Mav won't have that problem since it has way more power.

It seems to have about the same power as escape hybrid and rav4 hybrid with the same weight. Those cars have no problems with passing and acceleration.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That car when running on electric engine accelerates very quickly in the city. However the acceleration when merging on a freeway is a something to be desired.

It seems to have about the same power as escape hybrid and rav4 hybrid with the same weight. Those cars have no problems with passing and acceleration.
I fear this is the driving function I will miss the most, merging onto the freeway and/or passing some slow poke. I love the 60 to 80 acceleration I currently have.

Lately I’ve been testing my drive to work to see if I can keep it under 3,000 rpm to achieve staying in battery only mode.

I know 3,000 is just a number I made up in my head but it’s my target.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
I fear this is the driving function I will miss the most, merging onto the freeway and/or passing some slow poke. I love the 60 to 80 acceleration I currently have.

Lately I’ve been testing my drive to work to see if I can keep it under 3,000 rpm to achieve staying in battery only mode.

I know 3,000 is just a number I made up in my head but it’s my target.
Might be about right. I think with Toyota hybrids they are limited on the speed you are driving. I think same for insight. The insight when the battery is charged you are rolling around town up to 35 mph on the battery.

I also think that for us to get peak gas milage with the hybrid we need to break them in for quite sometime.

Cause I remember my family member complaining about the Insight getting "mediocre" 48 mpg at purchase. Now he is boasting about "fantastic" 56 mpg... Those hybrid people I hope I won't turn into one of them with the hybrid Mav 🤣

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be about right. I think with Toyota hybrids they are limited on the speed you are driving. I think same for insight. The insight when the battery is charged you are rolling around town up to 35 mph on the battery.

I also think that for us to get peak gas milage with the hybrid we need to break them in for quite sometime.

Cause I remember my family member complaining about the Insight getting "mediocre" 48 mpg at purchase. Now he is boasting about "fantastic" 56 mpg... Those hybrid people I hope I won't turn into one of them with the hybrid Mav 🤣
You're doomed🤣

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Very cool. If she averages 40mpg I’ve already calculated I’ll only have to get gas 4-5 times per year. Hahahahahaha.

Yeah, I don’t drive much.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Very cool. If she averages 40mpg I’ve already calculated I’ll only have to get gas 4-5 times per year. Hahahahahaha.

Yeah, I don’t drive much.
Wow that's crazy. I thought I don't drive much.

We have two vehicles now and I went from once week on gas to maybe twice a month tops.

I am hoping with the mav I can go down to one time a month. My focus is not very gas saving at all...

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that's crazy. I thought I don't drive much.

We have two vehicles now and I went from once week on gas to maybe twice a month tops.

I am hoping with the mav I can go down to one time a month. My focus is not very gas saving at all...
That’s not terrible. I know a guy I work with that drives an F150, he’s filling up once every 6 days. I’d go crazy with that.

lucky for me I’m 7 miles round trip from work and go in maybe 4 times per week with a bunch of weeks at 0 due to traveling.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
That’s not terrible. I know a guy I work with that drives an F150, he’s filling up once every 6 days. I’d go crazy with that.

lucky for me I’m 7 miles round trip from work and go in maybe 4 times per week with a bunch of weeks at 0 due to traveling.
That's crazy. That's just a car payment on the Mav to spend on gas alone granting you don't put money down and don't qualify for incentives... I just can't fathom some people having a high car payment, high gas expense and insurance. You roll 3 together and it's more than some mortgages.

Sponsored

Tx_actual

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was behind one at a stop light today and they stepped on it when the light turned green. It was much faster from a dead stop than I thought it would be.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Acceleration 93877BDB-4AA4-4F41-8003-8934A399479B

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering when we will hear the 0-60 time on the Hybrid.
We should get some good info from Motorweek.
The Sport Mode will utilize both engines and should have plenty of acceleration.
I am driving a VW 2.0 Turbo AWD and am going Maverick Hybrid FWD!

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Former super-commuter here (50 miles one way). I liked to fill up at about half a tank, so I'd stop at a gas station every other day.

I still work the same job, but I moved across the street. Door-to-door is maybe 10 minutes on a bicycle. It actually takes longer to drive due to the walk from the nearest parking lot. I went from driving over 30,000 miles a year to under 8,000.

If I had to super-commute again I'd be down to do so. The only change I'd make is buy a Toyota Camry LE hybrid. Not only is it inexpensive to purchase and maintain, but it gets 50+ MPG and it also has a large fuel tank. Nearly 700 miles between fill-ups!

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE

This is one of my biggest concerns about the Mav hybrid. The Rav4 hybrid is awd with 214 hp. When I test drove it, I was really impressed with the hp. I doubt the Mav will feel like the rav 4 hybrid, as there's a 23 hp difference. Now, if it does, it would be awesome. I don't know what the escape hybrid feels like, but there are none around here to test drive. My concern is that the Mav hybrid only has 191 hp, and the escape hybrid has 200 hp. The reviews of the hp on the escape hybrid are not that great. Many basically say it's sluggish. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is one of my biggest concerns about the Mav hybrid. The Rav4 hybrid is awd with 214 hp. When I test drove it, I was really impressed with the hp. I doubt the Mav will feel like the rav 4 hybrid, as there's a 23 hp difference. Now, if it does, it would be awesome. I don't know what the escape hybrid feels like, but there are none around here to test drive. My concern is that the Mav hybrid only has 191 hp, and the escape hybrid has 200 hp. The reviews of the hp on the escape hybrid are not that great. Many basically say it's sluggish. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
I had a 2004 Escape with the 1.6l EB. Massive 173 herspers and 184 ratchet power.....It was anything but sluggish. @3600lbs it is right in line with the Mav. It was not speed demon by any means. That being said, I never wanted more out of it in town or the interstate. It was a family car. It passed easily and got up to speed well. Not one time did I complain about the power.
Sponsored