First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of this is probably why the 12V of these hybrids on the maverick can't properly charge the battery and make it go into deep sleep all the time/ occasionally completely die. For me I kind of wish Ford made it like Honda did, minus the CVT belt
I don't think there is ANY issue with how the LV 12V battery is being charged. As long as the electrical connections are not broken ( serious issue in first run of Mavericks) the system charges the low voltage battery just fine.
There is an issue with it discharging in some Mavericks when engine is off.
Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, "charging" can be a more broad statement than just how the Maverick charges its LV battery. In your case you assume the battery isn't getting current to it to maintain a full charge voltage rating (12.8 VDC after sitting a bit). But it can be as simple as your battery has a bad cell. Or you have the dreaded cable connection point cracking/separation. Or you have a drain caused by some other component NOT related to the charging system. And other things. If in fact the Mavericks ability to maintain a proper charge level in the 12v battery was even close to marginal, we would be seeing a LOT of issues of dead batteries. While there are issues with dead batteries in the Hybrid Maverick, I think it safe to say they are caused by failures of components OTHER than the actual charging system.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...This leads me to believe it's not a discharge issue but a charging issue.
The truck's Hybrid system is perfectly capable of fully charging the 12v battery. More likely, the truck's BMs software is not allowing the battery to fully charge, or other issues.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The truck's Hybrid system is perfectly capable of fully charging the 12v battery. More likely, the truck's BMs software is not allowing the battery to fully charge, or other issues.
This and the stock battery is maybe a PoS.

Due to differences of opinion, site administrator has temporarily suspended my ability to make new posts, without defining the length of "temporary". I think I accidentally offended someone. Well I'm deeply sorry to anyone offended. I'll keep adding data here; when able.

Last edited: