Sponsored

Hybrid Acceleration

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
And another review got 8.2 average on hybrid and 7.2 on ecoboost. So hybrid quicker than expected and ecoboost a little more sluggish.
Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And another review got 8.2 average on hybrid and 7.2 on ecoboost. So hybrid quicker than expected and ecoboost a little more sluggish.
A little hard to tell if you're on a perfectly level road sometimes, so I suppose it's possible these reviews may be a bit misleading. But I see Car And Driver's written review shows an estimated 7.8 second 0-60 time for the hybrid. Given their established credibility, I'm definitely leaning toward quicker than expected at this point.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
A little hard to tell if you're on a perfectly level road sometimes, so I suppose it's possible these reviews may be a bit misleading. But I see Car And Driver's written review shows an estimated 7.8 second 0-60 time for the hybrid. Given their established credibility, I'm definitely leaning toward quicker than expected at this point.
true. Interesting the car and driver show ecoboost at 5.9 seconds. 1.3 seconds faster than tfl reviews time

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
true. Interesting the car and driver show ecoboost at 5.9 seconds. 1.3 seconds faster than tfl reviews time
I was kind of wondering if TFL was not paying attention to the drive mode. sport vs eco mode makes about a 1 second difference on most of the cars I have seen tested. if he was driving a FX4 2.0 I think that does not come with sport mode too.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was kind of wondering if TFL was not paying attention to the drive mode. sport vs eco mode makes about a 1 second difference on most of the cars I have seen tested. if he was driving a FX4 2.0 I think that does not come with sport mode too.
At the start of the 0-60 segment he makes a point of putting it in sport mode.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brake boosting a hybrid usually doesn't really do anything. It's not like you're revving the engine to preload a torque converter or dump a clutch on.
I believe he knew that and just wanted to inform the viewers that trying to "brake boost" a Hybrid wouldn't help whereas for the EcoBoost he mentioned and did "brake boost".

That makes the 0-60 8.07s for the Hybrid vs the 7.22 for the EcoBoost even more impressive.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe he knew that and just wanted to inform the viewers that trying to "brake boost" a Hybrid wouldn't help whereas for the EcoBoost he mentioned and did "brake boost".

That makes the 0-60 8.07s for the Hybrid vs the 7.22 for the EcoBoost even more impressive.
Although his 7.22 result for the Ecoboost isn't really that impressive when most folks have been getting mid-6s.
Sponsored