Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Dampener Issue have a built date with it? Like 3/10/22?
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys, haven't been on much since we got our Maverick back in September, but at 9007 miles I had the dreaded dampener issue.

At 70 miles an hour the truck went into limp mode (sudden loss of power) with the red flashing "stop safely now" message. Pulling codes showed P0811, P0E71, and a third (forget). All pointed to the dampener.

Dealer called today and said yep, it's the dampener and it's going to take at least a week for the parts to come in and several days for the repair since the engine/transmission have to come out. Didn't even make it to the first oil change (33% oil life left) before we had a major problem!
The good news is that Ford and the dealer recognize the issue and it's fixable. One of the reasons why I purchased the extended warranty (I realize your situation is still under the original warranty) because with the Maverick being a 'new' lineup things are bound to go wrong and they may not decide to do so while under the original warranty.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I for sure have the symptoms.
I don't have any codes.
But I'm 98% city and usually under 45 mph. The shake, rattle, and shudder is always at engine shut-down (transition to EV drive)

Dropped my truck off yesterday.
Service tech suggested a ride along and I was more than happy to oblige.
Went for a 4-5 mile city drive. 15 minutes. Was able to do many starts and stops.

I was able to point out "hear that?".
Tech: yes I did.
"Feel that shudder?"
Tech: Yes I did.
So that's a very good sign.
I'm happy they were willing, even suggested the 15 minute 5-mile drive.
He said without the owner present they are only able to go around the block.
TRUE OR NOT REMEMBER THAT TIDBIT.
I planted the word "damper" in the guy's ear a couple of times. But with no codes he said he will have to "call the hotline" and see what they say to do.

ALSO i was able to demonstrate the grabby brakes. That REALLY got the tech's attention. He was like, wow, that's really bad. So they will do the software update for the brakes.

Also, I didn't even ask for it, but he said "we''ll replace the air bags while it is here". Cool.

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I for sure have the symptoms.
I don't have any codes.
But I'm 98% city and usually under 45 mph. The shake, rattle, and shudder is always at engine shut-down (transition to EV drive)

Dropped my truck off yesterday.
Service tech suggested a ride along and I was more than happy to oblige.
Went for a 4-5 mile city drive. 15 minutes. Was able to do many starts and stops.

I was able to point out "hear that?".
Tech: yes I did.
"Feel that shudder?"
Tech: Yes I did.
So that's a very good sign.
I'm happy they were willing, even suggested the 15 minute 5-mile drive.
He said without the owner present they are only able to go around the block.
TRUE OR NOT REMEMBER THAT TIDBIT.
I planted the word "damper" in the guy's ear a couple of times. But with no codes he said he will have to "call the hotline" and see what they say to do.

ALSO i was able to demonstrate the grabby brakes. That REALLY got the tech's attention. He was like, wow, that's really bad. So they will do the software update for the brakes.

Also, I didn't even ask for it, but he said "we''ll replace the air bags while it is here". Cool.
Sounds like you have yourself a reliable and consumer friendly dealer.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like you have yourself a reliable and consumer friendly dealer.
First time visit. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Top pic is the damper(clutch disc).

Second pic is HF45, the flywheel/damper is between the HF45 and 2.5 ICE

last pic is flywheel.
Did you ever get your issue resolved? I got my maverick a month ago, 900 miles today, I feel shaking / vibrations, though the steering wheel and truck when the car goes from ice to electric or charge almost always now. First time around 700 miles and now 2 days later it’s almost consistent. Very disappointed

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine is getting looked at Today / Tomorrow for the second time for this issue. This time I'm not taking "it's fine" for an answer.

Reactions: Dad

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is getting looked at Today / Tomorrow for the second time for this issue. This time I'm not taking "it's fine" for an answer.
Keep me posted on how you make out please. Concerned about the rabbit hole I’m about to go down with this issue myself. Thanks! Good luck

Deleted member 1483

Yeah, definitely do. My hybrid you very rarely notice the engine come on or off at all. And the brakes maybe grab hard rarely only in bumper to bumper traffic.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keep me posted on how you make out please. Concerned about the rabbit hole I’m about to go down with this issue myself. Thanks! Good luck
This; the second visit for same symptom, they are calling it a "Transmission Problem" and are going to take it apart, order parts, and put it back together.

I asked what they found out, and too soon to know what the problem was.

I've been approved for 2 weeks minimum of Rental Car, and can get the Rental car on Ford's PO later today.

So that's progress and all I could ask for at this early stage.

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This; the second visit for same symptom, they are calling it a "Transmission Problem" and are going to take it apart, order parts, and put it back together.

I asked what they found out, and too soon to know what the problem was.

I've been approved for 2 weeks minimum of Rental Car, and can get the Rental car on Ford's PO later today.

So that's progress and all I could ask for at this early stage.
Just took mine in today. They called me an hour ago. Said they can’t find anything wrong with the truck. Said all seems to be normal and that the tech who worked on my car has a ford escape hybrid that acts the same way at low speeds. Saids it’s normal and to keep driving. Not really buying it but it’s documented. I’m going to take it to another dealer eventually for another opinion. I don’t get how some say they have zero issue and some have an issue. If some have zero issue then that must mean the rest of us have to have something wrong. Or were all just nuts lol. Keep me posted please!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Documentation like video / audio may help grease the wheels for change.

I had this ready, but did not provide it.
The truck did it on demand in the service queue the day I dropped it off.
It was random / sporadic the first 5,000 miles. To nearly every shut off at 7,500 miles, as recorded here:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Documentation like video / audio may help grease the wheels for change.

I had this ready, but did not provide it.
The truck did it on demand in the service queue the day I dropped it off.
It was random / sporadic the first 5,000 miles. To nearly every shut off at 7,500 miles, as recorded here:

What is this video of?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

[QUOTE="Eagle11
What is this video of?

Sounds during hybrid shuddering at engine shut off. Audio only. You're not missing any video.
Sponsored