First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Lariat VIN# 3FTTW8E34NRA21261 HAS a severe transmission SHUDDER and a "Deep sleep mode" chronic low battery notice that prevents using the app for a scheduled start.
So
I Know Ford receives real time performance data, and I assume that there is someone collecting and analyzing these problems. So why the delay in addressing these flaws. Might be time for a class action lawsuit.
Sponsored

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally caught the sound on video. This was me coming up to a stop sign within 30 seconds of driving. The gas engine was cycling off.

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally caught the sound on video. This was me coming up to a stop sign within 30 seconds of driving. The gas engine was cycling off.

Yep....that is the one. Sorry for your luck too.

yoyomav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger 3.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the video both the old and new damper sound the same. If this is indeed the source of clunking noise in Maverick then I won't be too concerned. It's basically the springs moving freely in the damper.

Sponsored

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the video both the old and new damper sound the same. If this is indeed the source of clunking noise in Maverick then I won't be too concerned. It's basically the springs moving freely in the damper.
You can feel it shake the vehicle as the rattle of the engine comes to a stop. That doesn't seem like it should be happening.

OP
OP
Buyerfind

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made an appointment to have it looked at next week. Have you gotten any resolution?
Nope. VERY difficult to get dealers to even call back. I am soooooo frustrated.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2022 Hybrid that has just shy of 4K miles. Received it in November. Haven't even had the first oil change yet. I believe I have also noticed this noise. From my experience I notice it when I'm going less than 25mph and I hit the gas in a way that starts the gas engine and then have to slow down and hit the brake shortly after the gas engine had kicked in. The gas engine then switches off to cycle back to the electric motor. When this happens, the truck makes a rattle sound like the gas engine is having a rough time turning off and sometimes shakes the vehicle a little. I've only experienced it a few times, and I think it happens more often on shorter drives when the vehicle hasn't been running long. Just my 2 cents and experience, I know nothing about engines.
You should have had that first oil change at 1000 miles

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should have had that first oil change at 1000 miles
The manual doesn't say that needs to be done. Infact, the manual suggests a hybrid may not need to get its oil changed for over 10K miles. I get that the first one should probably be done earlier as it is break in oil or whatever. However, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that getting the first oil change at 4K miles rather than 1K miles isn't the cause of the issue being discussed in the thread.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The manual doesn't say that needs to be done. Infact, the manual suggests a hybrid may not need to get its oil changed for over 10K miles. I get that the first one should probably be done earlier as it is break in oil or whatever. However, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that getting the first oil change at 4K miles rather than 1K miles isn't the cause of the issue being discussed in the thread.
Ask any mechanic and they will tell you it’s hogwash. Ford master mechanic has done several videos on the subject. Showing the effects of waiting that long. The way he puts it, it’s fords way of making sure the engine doesn’t last beyond 100k. go ahead and believe manual if you want to destroy your engine.

Sponsored

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask any mechanic and they will tell you it’s hogwash. Ford master mechanic has done several videos on the subject. Showing the effects of waiting that long. The way he puts it, it’s fords way of making sure the engine doesn’t last beyond 100k. go ahead and believe manual if you want to destroy your engine.
I am a mechanic and you are way off base here. I'm not even going to try to explain.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a mechanic and you are way off base here. I'm not even going to try to explain.
Check out what happens 1x/year and 5k mileage oil changes. I tend to trust this guy.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Manufacturer recommendations vs mechanic recommendations.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mine does this too!!! It’s very bad metal on metal sort of sounding… but it’s not frequent enough for my dealer to have done anything with…

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out what happens 1x/year and 5k mileage oil changes. I tend to trust this guy.

again. nothing to do with what we are hearing.
BTW I have seen a video by this guy on a hybrid Mavrick that had a bad battery cable. He was playing with the cable end in a vise trying to get it hot to play with the solder. He couldn't understand why the end clamped in the vice wouldn't get hot but the other side would. It was hilarious. I wouldn't trust him too much. lol
Sponsored