JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you are adding, not replacing some other car you have in household. That is very rare, just be ready for thing called "favoritism". It would not be too long before you start using one you like the most all the time and other will just collect dust.
Many (if not most) households in the US have at least two vehicles.

I also have a Ranger FX4, we actually got it to replace my wife's previous car. She uses it to go to work during the week, but on the weekends I use it.

I have an older Camry as my daily driver, while it still runs fine I definitely see the value in replacing it with a Hybrid Maverick.

I'm a fan of value and of min-maxing, so when buying something new I usually want something that fills a role that isn't currently filled.

I assume I'll be using the Maverick for longer road trips where we aren't going camping, or out to the ranch. That being said I do enjoy driving the Ranger on the highway too because of the acceleration of it's 2.3l engine.
Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I started looking into it. Seems pretty neat, and reliable. Only issues I have been able to come across are the early CMAX models 12-14ish.... Also seems that they have a lifetime trans fluid which is cool. Torn between XL 2.0l and XLT 2.5Hybrid, as 2k towing is enough for me.
ECVT is NOT BELT CVT.

An ECVT is simply a planetary gear set (like the vast majority of automatics) but in automatics the planet gears are either moving or not. No in between. In an ECVT the electric motors (hybrid) change the speed of the planet gears giving you various ratios.

vs a traditional CVT is just a fancy golf cart trans
This was one of the best explanations of the eCVT I've heard yet. Love it.