OP

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Traffic is where it is the worst. Or maybe a busy 4 way stop where you're only going 1-10 miles an hour and regularly stopping.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traffic is where it is the worst. Or maybe a busy 4 way stop where you're only going 1-10 miles an hour and regularly stopping.
Unfortunately my (limited) experience with adaptive cruise in stop and go traffic has been partly negative: if you don't come to a full stop in bumper to bumper traffic, it's great; but if you come to a stop--then have to wait some seconds before inching forward again--each of those incremental sessions ends with a really jerky stop. You have to apply a tiny bit of pressure on the pedal to move you some feet forward when you're in bumper to bumper traffic, and then the ACC does a really jerky stop even if you gently gently release the pedal. Pressing ACC "resume" won't help much in bumper-to-bumper situations since it has maxed out the proximity to the car in front of you, and it still does a somewhat-jerky brake if you decide to leave like a full car length between you and the other car. I wonder if anyone else has had a better experience and maybe I'm doing it wrong.

So I just have to disable ACC and do the normal foot on the brake, with auto-hold off, to creep forward.

Anyway, I wonder if that brake behavior is related in terms of programming.

Last edited:

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does this as well. I actually had an experience the other day that makes me think it is definitely not supposed to behave this way. I had my adaptive cruise set in stop and go traffic the other day, and traffic started to creep forward, but when my truck went to stop itself, I got a red screen and warning chime (the message came up and disappeard too fast for me to read, but I'm positive it was not the collision warning), had to slam on the brakes myself, and then adpative cruise refused to engage until the next iginition cycle. It just kept giving me an orange warning screen that said adaptive cruise was not available.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm no stranger to hybrid brakes; the transition between regen to actual brakes and what that feels like. I've driven hybrids for years. However, the brakes on my hybrid maverick seem odd. In most situations I chalk it up to the fact that every car is a little different and that's fine. But in one particular situation I feel like the brakes are dangerous.

If I'm in stop/go traffic or at a stop light and barely have my foot on the brake, it's enough to keep the car stopped. When I take my foot off the brake, (don't apply any gas pedal) and I go to quickly reapply the brake it's like nothing engages for the first 20%-30% of the break push...way past where I just had my foot when the truck was stopped. The brakes eventually engage but they go from 0% to 100% and the truck dips forward because of the harshness of the brakes. I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to roll into the back of the car in front of me.

Is this a hybrid brake thing? Does anyone else experience this?
Yes your not alone mine does the Same thing so your not alone, it's not all the time so a little tricky to get used to, the brakes definitely have a mind of their own

KHut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I too have this same issue. Its when you're creeping below 5mph and have to apply the brakes. Its not even possible to stop without the brakes grabbing 100% when you just barely touch them. This would be my only real complaint, but I just know its an accident waiting to happen when someone hits me in the rear bc I stopped so suddenly...

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine does it. June build

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never noticed that the brakes don't grab unless I push down harder or further. But I have certainly experience the abrupt stopping. I agree the brakes are odd, but I've gotten pretty good at it now after 10,000 plus miles and 8 months of driving it. :)

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i hope ford fixes this soon its getting super annoying.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When in stop and go really slow traffic in any drive selection but definitely standard or eco modes push the Low "L" button. This changes the interaction between the Regen and hydraulic braking and apparently allows significant Regen at lower speeds. I am not sure when Regen-hydraulic handoff actually happens in low but works great even up to 35+ mph. Book says you can use Low at any speed and I will use it to max Regen from 50-55mph to slow down to make a turn without ever using brake pedal. Try it!

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would LOVE the "L" button to be in the steering wheel!🥰

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it is something with regen why doesn't ford just turn all regen off at slow speeds? But the question is is it fixed with TSB or newer builds I saw one June Build person say it happens on theirs. So are newer ones NOT having this issue. Or ones after software update? To me this sounds really annoying and possibly dangerous. . My plan is to order a 2023. But this kind of stuff make me wonder.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven’t had any issues with mine. Was touchy at first but got used to it after ten minutes.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am new to Hybrids all together, and this happens to me in stop and go as well. I literally have to slam the brakes when it happens, very odd and sometimes makes me a little uneasy!
Sponsored