First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
, 1950 Ford F1 truck, 22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last time I got gas I used the mid grade, before I was get around 47 mpg, now it’s getting 50. Granted the weather is a bit cooler so I’m not using the ac much now. But I’m very happy with this truck. Got it on February 2 and have 6600 miles on it. I am building a cabin so I have been using it to haul lumber, etc.

Ford Maverick 50 MPG in my Maverick hybrid xlt E14772E9-B5E0-45DB-A028-B3FB5433D19D
Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the coolest vehicle I have ever owned. Good looks, right size, great fuel economy! I am glad I was looking for a 2 dr. Bronco and ran across this back in 2020. I feel everyone that has one of these (Hybrids) is a pretty lucky person. If they could make as many of these that all the folks want, they will be everywhere!

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's cool to both the 50 miles per gallon and also building a cabin up in the Sevierville area 🙂👍. Just traveled to California and back in average right around 44 miles per gallon on the road was very happy with that also no problems at all going over the Continental divide and coming down it never touched the brakes at all the regenerative braking kept the vehicle at 70 miles an hour with the cruise on. Hope maybe to run into you one of these days as the wife and I spend a lot of time over in that area. We are looking a little bit north of you in Johnson county and Claiborne county to build our House. Do take care and enjoy this beautiful fall weather. Yours Mag Maverick & ,Grey Ghost 👻👍
Ford Maverick 50 MPG in my Maverick hybrid xlt IMG_20220925_145521030~2

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last time I got gas I used the mid grade, before I was get around 47 mpg, now it’s getting 50. Granted the weather is a bit cooler so I’m not using the ac much now. But I’m very happy with this truck. Got it on February 2 and have 6600 miles on it. I am building a cabin so I have been using it to haul lumber, etc.

E14772E9-B5E0-45DB-A028-B3FB5433D19D.png
The A/C on my XL EB does cut my fuel mileage about 2 MPG. If I was getting 47 MPG, I dont think I would complain or go without A/C for the savings. I cannot wait for my 2023 XLT Hybrid.

Last edited:

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The A/C on my XL EB does cut my fuel mileage about 2 MPG. If I was getting 47 MPG, I dont think I would complain or go without A/C for the savings. I cannot wait for my 2023 XLT Hybrid.
I have a XL EB too and a 23 hybrid on order. Out of curiosity are you keeping the EB or trading it?

Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a XL EB too and a 23 hybrid on order. Out of curiosity are you keeping the EB or trading it?
That will depend on the market at that time. I don't need two of these trucks but if a friend or family member needs a good vehicle that will be an option.

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about you? Do you plan on trading in or keeping the 2022?
My thought was to trade it in, but I may keep it for myself since the hybrid is for the wife and I currently drive an F250. I am having a lot of fun in it and its much easier to navigate in the city than my full size truck which is a welding rig. And since they seem to increase in value I may just hold onto the both of them and I will have my work truck and a weekend truck.

OP
OP
Ford F1 Truck

Ford F1 Truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's cool to both the 50 miles per gallon and also building a cabin up in the Sevierville area 🙂👍. Just traveled to California and back in average right around 44 miles per gallon on the road was very happy with that also no problems at all going over the Continental divide and coming down it never touched the brakes at all the regenerative braking kept the vehicle at 70 miles an hour with the cruise on. Hope maybe to run into you one of these days as the wife and I spend a lot of time over in that area. We are looking a little bit north of you in Johnson county and Claiborne county to build our House. Do take care and enjoy this beautiful fall weather. Yours Mag Maverick & ,Grey Ghost 👻👍
IMG_20220925_145521030~2.jpg

OP
OP
Ford F1 Truck

Ford F1 Truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a beautiful truck there, mine is Area 51. Yeah let me know when you plan to come to this area and we could meet up. I have seen several Area 51’s around here and a few other colors. i grew up here then lived in Florida til I retired in 2013, moved here in 2016, built a home and now the cabin. I also restored the red 1950 F1 starting in 2018, finished in 2020. We live 2 miles from Dollywood.

Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a beautiful truck there, mine is Area 51. Yeah let me know when you plan to come to this area and we could meet up. I have seen several Area 51’s around here and a few other colors. i grew up here then lived in Florida til I retired in 2013, moved here in 2016, built a home and now the cabin. I also restored the red 1950 F1 starting in 2018, finished in 2020. We live 2 miles from Dollywood.
Sounds real good going to try to take a trip after Halloween will definitely give you a shout. Good luck building the cabin 🙂🙂

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XLT Ecoboost and am loving the mpgs I'm getting. Routinely averaging 30 to 31mpg per tank. I have a 2023 hybrid on order and can't wait to also get 50mpg

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went on a 2 hour back road trip the other day and average was 54.3 mpg! Over all I'm at 43 mpg over 350 miles. I will be trying mid grade gas on my next fill up.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do a blind test on the octane. Have the spouse / other person fill the tank and not tell you what the octane is. Power of suggestion can make you drive differently enough to see a 2-3 MPG change. Of course it could be the weather and other things.

From a scientific perspective higher octane rating should not give higher MPG. ( and it is a RATING not an ingredient in the fuel )

Ethanol raises octane rating. Ethanol can be an octane booster in "premium" fuel. Ethanol has less energy per gallon. Less energy per gallon = lower miles per gallon. If you find premium WITHOUT ethanol, and the regular has ethanol, it is the change in ethanol that is responsible for the hike in MPG, not the octane rating.

99% of the time higher octane is a waste of money. Unless you have a sports car with 10,000 rpm high output engine, you don't need the higher octane rating.
Sponsored