Sponsored

Fake engine and hybrid exterior sound in Maverick hybrid 2.5L?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's gonna backfire. It's gonna backfire folks. That damn reverse beeper is going to cause accidents. Science proves this. The sound gives people confidence they shouldn't have. "Now I can back without looking because I'm "protected" and so are the people around me. Same goes for the cross traffic alert sensors. Science proves these devices are a detriment. Look at all the folks that followed GPS "directions" to turn right..... right into a wall, right into a lake, right into a river... right onto a one-way street going the wrong way.
Why did you option CoPilot 360 then?

You wanna know what's funny? Blind people did not even lobby for this. It's just big brother trying to tell them what they need. Someone in a suit in D.C. making shit up to justify his existence.
They seem pretty happy with it.

Ford Maverick Fake engine and hybrid exterior sound in Maverick hybrid 2.5L? 1665142079292
Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd replace it with an F-14 Tomcat engine sound since it is a Maverick.
I would want an A-10 on a loop. Let it have the high pitch jet noise punctuated with that classic BRRRRRRRRRRRT sound every ten seconds or so.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did not opt for Co-pilot 360.
It came with the truck.
I walked on the lot and bought the only Maverick they had.
For $650 it was worth it for no waiting.
And those "on order" now have no guarantee when or IF they will get a truck.
Given a choice, I would have not have purchased one with 360.
But, Alas.... you all know what selection looks like out there.... Next to Nil.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the dumb part. No really. Really dumb. When is the last time YOU saw a blind person crossing the street? How about Alone. Without a sighted person.

I think I NEVER have. And I've lived my whole life in big cities. Los Angeles. San Francisco. Denver. Minneapolis. I've driven through 49 states. Over 1 million miles. You'd think I's have seen a few by now.

Show me ONE confirmed case I can verify myself of a blind person being struck by a hybrid or EV.

The sound speakers are to fix a hypothetical problem that does. not. exist. But it COULD happen some will say. Ya. It COULD. BUT It DOESN'T happen. Like saying lead could spontaneously turn to gold.

You wanna know what's funny? Blind people did not even lobby for this. It's just big brother trying to tell them what they need. Someone in a suit in D.C. making shit up to justify his existence.

It's gonna backfire. It's gonna backfire folks. That damn reverse beeper is going to cause accidents. Science proves this. The sound gives people confidence they shouldn't have. "Now I can back without looking because I'm "protected" and so are the people around me. Same goes for the cross traffic alert sensors. Science proves these devices are a detriment. Look at all the folks that followed GPS "directions" to turn right..... right into a wall, right into a lake, right into a river... right onto a one-way street going the wrong way.

The sound maker is stupid. Solves nothing.
Scientifically proven.
This is some extremely bizarre trolling here.

Surely no one thinks like this. Please tell me no one thinks like this.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is some extremely bizarre trolling here.

Surely no one thinks like this. Please tell me no one thinks like this.
I really didnā€™t think it was only for the blind, but clearly itā€™s for the stupid as wellā€¦ every traverse a mall parking lot?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really didnā€™t think it was only for the blind, but clearly itā€™s for the stupid as wellā€¦ every traverse a mall parking lot?
What's fun is when you read blogs that say it is for the deaf. :unsure:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An electric motor at parking lot speeds is effectively silent so all you get is the quiet sound of tires on pavement. And yet parking lot speeds can still do serious injuries to a pedestrian.

It shouldn't need to be explained that 3000+ lb should be something that you can hear approaching you.

Parking lots are full of chaos. Full of distractions. Sound immediately tells you when something/someone is approaching. Those who can see get extra info about their surroundings, while those who cannot have to rely on their hearing. Never mind that there exist the elderly and the young who may not be fully aware of their surroundings, but aren't being carried around at all times by those in prime health.

Go to Sam's Club when they take the forklifts out, listen to the beeping racket those things make, and then come back to complain about the pedestrian alert in a hybrid/EV with a straight face.

Why people get themselves worked up over something that at worst does not matter at all and at best is a crucial safety feature, I'll never understand.

But none of this is worth pointing out to someone on an ableist tantrum.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I for one am not worked up.
And @jsus said it well
"Something that does not matter at all."

Only something that is different gets your attention. The first few cars with artificial "buzzers" will get your attention, because it is weird. Once they all have it, it fades to background noise. No device is a substitute for an attentive driver, and an attentive pedestrian. Science should rule. Not myths and legends.
Scientific evidence supports the use of seatbelts to reduce deaths and injuries.
The same can not be said for artificial noise makers. People should not assume such things "because it feels right".

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And as they say "You can't fix stupid."

Sound maker or no sound maker they will be inattentive pedestrians. It's a background noise. It's not a slap on the forehead.

The responsibility is on you, the driver, to avoid them. The sound maker does not absolve you of your responsibility not to hit them.

Those of you "in favor of" sound makers are are some how thinking in the back of your mind this gets you off the hook. "It's not my fault, your Honor. My car was buzzing." Why do you think that will hold up?

Some people put a lot of faith in the sound makers. Some people think maybe it will help 1 in a million times. Some people think they do not help at all. Shouldn't we all drive as if there wasn't an artificial buzzer sound?