First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know part numbers and where it bolts on vehicle? And if there is a hidden plug to connect trailer plug harness into vehicle?
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know part numbers and where it bolts on vehicle? And if there is a hidden plug to connect trailer plug harness into vehicle?
Are you talking about adding a hitch after purchase?

HRG

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your still waiting on a build date, I would HIGHLY recommend you order the hitch option from the factory.

There is a tread out here that is talking about how difficult DIY will be and there is currently no hitch available. Besides it will be cheaper to order factory than DIYing it.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your still waiting on a build date, I would HIGHLY recommend you order the hitch option from the factory.

There is a tread out here that is talking about how difficult DIY will be and there is currently no hitch available. Besides it will be cheaper to order factory than DIYing it.
No choice. Was able to pick up a Lariat from dealer. Deposit over phone 1st thing in morning and 3 people waiting for deal to not go through. So no choice but to add it on now.

Sponsored

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking for exact same info. Purchased incoming stock, need to add hitch receiver and 4 prong outlet. Really prefer to not splice into brake lights for this.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
It is frustrating. In a normal world (not the one we currently live in), a trip to the Parts Department at your friendly Ford dealer would likely answer your questions. Or you could find info online.

In the Ford accessories thread (26) Ford Accessories list for 2022 Ford Maverick - available now for ordering đź›’ | MaverickTruckClub.com - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Info we know the part number:
Ford Maverick Hitch receiver and 4 prong plug receiver hitch.JPG

But when you go to the accessories site itself - it isn't there. Nada.

When you go to the main Ford Parts site, it has 3 entries for this with 3 different prices (except now it's called a Towbar):
Ford Maverick Hitch receiver and 4 prong plug towbar.JPG

I was unable to expand the graphics to make any of them readable; maybe someone more tech savvy than me can figure out how to do that.

Before giving up completely I'd go to the Ford dealer where you bought your Maverick, park yourself on a stool at the Parts desk, and quiz them on this until they're able to pull up some useable and readable info from the Ford parts system.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is frustrating. In a normal world (not the one we currently live in), a trip to the Parts Department at your friendly Ford dealer would likely answer your questions. Or you could find info online.

In the Ford accessories thread (26) Ford Accessories list for 2022 Ford Maverick - available now for ordering đź›’ | MaverickTruckClub.com - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Info we know the part number:
receiver hitch.JPG

But when you go to the accessories site itself - it isn't there. Nada.

When you go to the main Ford Parts site, it has 3 entries for this with 3 different prices (except now it's called a Towbar):
towbar.JPG

I was unable to expand the graphics to make any of them readable; maybe someone more tech savvy than me can figure out how to do that.

Before giving up completely I'd go to the Ford dealer where you bought your Maverick, park yourself on a stool at the Parts desk, and quiz them on this until they're able to pull up some useable and readable info from the Ford parts system.
Thanks. Helpful!

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A local dealer wanted $695 for the receiver and 4 prong connector installed. I told them to go F%%k themselves. Their website said $295 for the receiver and $117 to install. So basically they wanted an additional $283 for the 4 prong connector.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A local dealer wanted $695 for the receiver and 4 prong connector installed. I told them to go F%%k themselves. Their website said $295 for the receiver and $117 to install. So basically they wanted an additional $283 for the 4 prong connector.
Ford site says out of stock.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might need to get your welder out. Dunno about the hitch receiver but the front tow hooks apparently screw into a portion of the body "frame" that is not present on non fx4 trucks.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely add the trailer hitch to your order if it hasn’t been built yet. It’s only a $100 stand alone option. I really don’t tow or plan on towing but for me to get one aftermarket it would be on the cheap $150 for the hitch then probably another $50 for the harness setup. I could splice one in but I guarantee it would not be as nicely run as the factory unit. The only plan I have to use the hitch is maybe a extension to carry 10 ft kayaks.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No choice. Was able to pick up a Lariat from dealer. Deposit over phone 1st thing in morning and 3 people waiting for deal to not go through. So no choice but to add it on now.
They have trailer kits for the Bronco Sport so one has to be in the works. I can’t imagine that it would be much different.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford site says out of stock.
Yea I saw that. You have the option of leaving your cell number or email address and they will notify you when they are in stock. I think I will just do it myself. The underside of the truck is pretty wide open and supposedly no drilling or welding is required.
Sponsored