First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck did not come with the receiver. I looked at the Ford Accessories and they have one for $295. It says no drilling or welding required and says it uses existing holes to install. But from looking at the underside of my truck, there aren't any holes to bolt in to. Does anybody know how this bolts on?
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck did not come with the receiver. I looked at the Ford Accessories and they have one for $295. It says no drilling or welding required and says it uses existing holes to install. But from looking at the underside of my truck, there aren't any holes to bolt in to. Does anybody know how this bolts on?
Usually the part of the receiver that you can see is part of an assembly with arms that go out to either side of the vehicle to brackets that bolt onto the body/frame. Look at either side of where the receiver would go and see if you see a series of empty holes on each side. Don't forget that you would also have to add the electrical harness also. Look for an unused plug while you're underneath where the harness from the factory would plug into.

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess would be that all the bolt holes are behind the center section of the rear bumper facia, and it would simply bolt into the sub-frame section. Maybe you can ask for someone to take photos of how their hitch is bolted in.

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch 327E8DDC-FBFD-4E6E-9868-ABBC517CAA2C

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch 9D17A9C5-1C5B-425C-8965-6635662962B4

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch 366EA0D0-DF88-4C38-8F3A-DFB5237E1345

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Typically they will post the Installation as a PDF on the accessories page. You could see if it's there and get a look at how it gets installed. I know I do that a lot to make the decision if it's something I have the tools for and can do or is it a find someone to install purchase. Also typically if you buy it from Ford they will install for an additional fee.

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Typically they will post the Installation as a PDF on the accessories page. You could see if it's there and get a look at how it gets installed. I know I do that a lot to make the decision if it's something I have the tools for and can do or is it a find someone to install purchase. Also typically if you buy it from Ford they will install for an additional fee.
Yea the local dealer wants $117 to install and the part is $295 plus tax. I am thinking I can do it myself but for the life of me I can't find the holes they say it bolts to

Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking for a cool receiver hitch cap for the Maverick. Please send your ideas-

docwatson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissans
Yea the local dealer wants $117 to install and the part is $295 plus tax. I am thinking I can do it myself but for the life of me I can't find the holes they say it bolts to
In the Bronco Sport and Escape you have to fish the bolts through the frame rails. My guess is there are 3 to 4 unthreaded holes near the rear edge of the frame rail with some larger hole closer to the front for fishing the bolts through.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
In the Bronco Sport and Escape you have to fish the bolts through the frame rails. My guess is there are 3 to 4 unthreaded holes near the rear edge of the frame rail with some larger hole closer to the front for fishing the bolts through.
That's exactly the way it was on the Subaru Forester I purchased as well. You had to take some of the trunk apart (lining) to access the area as well.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check out hitches on the U-Haul or Curt websites, they usually have installation instruction. Right now neither sites show any hitches for the Maverick.

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sure you have figured this out but it appears to me that this part includes the crash bar that the receiver is welded to. You will find the holes when you remove the existing crash bar.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those considering DIY installation, attached are the instructions included with the Maverick 2022 Receiver, Ford Part #NZ6Z17D826C:

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p1-50

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p2-50

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p3-50

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p4-50

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

revart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may need to cut a small notch in the backside plate to clear the bumper, but otherwise it should take very little to get it mounted. Will post photos of the operation.
Sponsored