First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't you think that by the time you remove/reinstall the bumper cover, and modify/drill/sleeve the crash bar, doesn't the $200 extra to put the full Curt # 13504 on just make more sense?

HRG
From looking at mine. All I will need to do is lower the spare so I can drill it out then remove the small plate on the bumper cover where the hitch will be located.
Sponsored

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was hesitant about bolting without sleeving the 2x3 box. Sleeves would keep from crushing the tube or allow movement which would eventually elongate the holes.
fair point. like I said, we never even got to the ''what needs to be done for bolting'' stage. he went for the welder right away. and, yeah, I also don't like the other aftermarket lower position hitch option. especially on my truck, which sees brutal construction sites every day.

Sponsored

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that is the one that hangs down below the bumper, NO. That hitch is not an option for me.
Me either. It looks so aftermarket and when you used bed extender, bike rack or a cargo basket it just sets too low. If the bolt on work for jeeps and RVs without sleeving and worry then I'm sure it will be fine for my needs. It's a hybrid after all total tow capacity limited to 2klbs.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid; 2015 Smart Fortwo Pure
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that is the one that hangs down below the bumper, NO. That hitch is not an option for me.
From what I can find, it looks like the Draw-Tite and Reese branded ones hang below the bumper and the Curt branded one sits at the same height as the factory installed one.

You know this would have cost a grand total of $100 parts and labor if you bought the hitch receiver and wiring harness as an upgrade when you built the truck.
This was not the case on my order. In Canada the hitch add-on was $400. On ordering, I figured I could add it all myself for about the same price and it wouldn't delay my order. On doing my research it looks like I'm right.
Sponsored