2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello guys,

Has anyone received their trailer hitch receiver from Ford Accessories yet? Ordered it in October and still nothing.
I was wondering if it comes with a 4-pin connector or not, asked my dealer about it and they didn't know either.
The picture on their website conveniently doesn't show the side where the connector is supposed to be.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/maverick-2022-2-trailer-hitch-receiver
Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Hello guys,

Has anyone received their trailer hitch receiver from Ford Accessories yet? Ordered it in October and still nothing.
I was wondering if it comes with a 4-pin connector or not, asked my dealer about it and they didn't know either.
The picture on their website conveniently doesn't show the side where the connector is supposed to be.

Looking at that link I would say not.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello guys,

Looking at that link I would say not.
The people that had that as factory option installed for a $110 don't have to worry about it cause it comes with the 4 pin from the factory install. You snooze you lose

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The people that had that as factory option installed for a $110 don't have to worry about it cause it comes with the 4 pin from the factory install. You snooze you lose
Yeah I don't know why anybody wouldn't pay a $100 for the factory to install the trailer hitch receiver rather than pay $305 after the fact And that's not even installed

OP
OP
Pines Bettur

Pines Bettur

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I don't know why anybody wouldn't pay a $100 for the factory to install the trailer hitch receiver rather than pay $305 after the fact And that's not even installed
Believe me, I'm well-aware of that.
I bought this one because it was the only one on the lot, and I didn't want to wait 6 months to get mine.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought this one because it was the only one on the lot, and I didn't want to wait 6 months to get mine.
Maybe your local offroad parts company has installers and can do it cheaper than that

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
are you sure there is no wiring at all? I only ask because many of the Rangers and F150’s that do not have the hitch will come with a 4 pin connector but it’s in a different spot underneath the truck. I can’t say for sure what hitch-less Mavericks will have.

OP
OP
Pines Bettur

Pines Bettur

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
are you sure there is no wiring at all? I only ask because many of the Rangers and F150’s that do not have the hitch will come with a 4 pin connector but it’s in a different spot underneath the truck. I can’t say for sure what hitch-less Mavericks will have.
I'm not sure, might have to take a look.

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt it will come with wire harness and connector .

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered the bumper/hitch/receiver today and asked about the four pin wiring harness. He told me to look up underneath the bumper to see if might have one there. I couldn't do that today because it was raining.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered the bumper/hitch/receiver today and asked about the four pin wiring harness. He told me to look up underneath the bumper to see if might have one there. I couldn't do that today because it was raining.
Still raining or did you find the trailer plug under your Maverick?

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The trailer plug is a separate part, # 9U5Z14489MAA 7 and 4 pin plug. The dealer can't be sure if your Mav has one or not because Ford's catalog is still missing so much info. I checked with my vin and it shows this plug however my truck doesn't have it and shouldn't because mine wasn't built with a tow package. It was ordered with a hitch but no wiring.
Sponsored