First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am curious, if the receiver is just welded on to the crash bar, why doesn't Ford just offer the receiver itself without the new crash bar? For that matter it appears as though the receiver has holes in it for bolts to go thru, so why can't the existing crash bar just be drilled thru and a receiver be bolted on?
Sponsored

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Diesel Crew Cad
The cross member is no difference in strength other than it has the hitch already welded to it. I plan to use this hitch to bolt it onto that cross member without having to replace the entire piece.

It will have to be slightly be modified and new holes drilled, but it does fit my weekend project

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver Hitch2.JPG

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver h.JPG

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220324_175155

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your next problem is that there’s no wiring harness underneath the truck. No pre-existing plug in. You’ll have to buy a Bronco Sport wiring harness. It has its own fuse box, pig tails that plug into your lights, and a direct wire to your battery. When you buy it, you’ll need to cross cross the red to brown wires on the Bronco Sport wiring harness to get the lights to work properly.

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are right on that.

I jest need it for my bike rack now.
Maybe later someone will have a after market plug and play harness
that will fit the Maverick.

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What modification will you need to make? I'm following this, it's a lot cheaper than the $810 option! I really just need it for a bike rack and bed extender, so a wiring harness isn't necessary.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What modification will you need to make? I'm following this, it's a lot cheaper than the $810 option! I really just need it for a bike rack and bed extender, so a wiring harness isn't necessary.
Same here, I have no plans to tow anything

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cross member is no difference in strength other than it has the hitch already welded to it. I plan to use this hitch to bolt it onto that cross member without having to replace the entire piece.

It will have to be slightly be modified and new holes drilled, but it does fit my weekend project

Hitch2.JPG

h.JPG

20220324_175155.jpg
Keep us posted. Another member said he was going to try that as well but never posted an update

kahuna_08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

Hitch2.JPG

h.JPG

20220324_175155.jpg
I asked about this receiver on FB and started a huge argument. Keep us posted how it goes. If it works out, I will definitely be doing this.

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan to do this this week end I will post pictures when I am finished.
I asked about this receiver on FB and started a huge argument. Keep us posted how it goes. If it works out, I will definitely be doing this.

So this was my Saturday project took me about five hours to take off the plastic put on the hitch.

I also went ahead and put the wiring and for lights using the E trailer bronco sport harness.

My thanks to Adospeed for making a PDF on this. Sure made it a lot simpler to do.
My thanks also to finallygotamaverick for finding a wiring harness that works.

This particular hitch fits very well all you got to do is cut 2 1/4 inches off the top and drilled two holes to make this work without welding it. I went ahead and took it off and welded it just because for me I have the shop to do it. But for people who just want a hitch for a bicycle rack or an extension for canoe rack just cut it, drill two holes and leaves it on the truck would made it so much quicker and easier to do.

As I express this is a hybrid mini truck the heaviest thing I will pull with this will be a four wheeler or lawn mower maybe my motorcycle trailer. Also added the tailgate assist and weathertech front floor mats, they do fit.

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220325_185453

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_084351

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_100920

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_102706

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_150001

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_150033

Ford Maverick Trailer hitch receiver 20220326_152225

Sponsored

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, just curious, if you don't have a metal shop and don't have a means to cut off the top or weld it to the crash bar, will leaving it as is and just bolting on work? If there is clearance for the entire hitch piece to be bolted on, could you possibly just add a couple spacers where the bolts go through to stop it from sliding down? Thanks..

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going to have to cut that 2 1/4 inches off the top to make it fit.

if you can get a hold of a four-inch grinder with metal cutting wheel take you probably less than five minutes to do. I have a plasma cutter and a cutting torch in my shop but I used the grinder because is so much easier and quicker on something this small.

TRQ427

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD-97 CHEROKEE-69 427 BISCAYNE-MAYBE 2023 XL

Hitch2.JPG

h.JPG

20220324_175155.jpg
Noticed that Curt Manufacutring is shipping the hitch to "BILL Caldwell". Just wondering if this is Bill Caldwell Ford in Hudson Iowa.

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No,
Bill Caldwell from Virginia .
Really I am nobody from nowhere

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
is there any wiring or sensors in the crash bar that one would have to worry about effecting if the bar is drilled through? Any warranty issues if the crash bar is altered by drilling instead of welding?
Sponsored