Sponsored

Receiver for hitch

Miles777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
" You know this would have cost a grand total of $100 parts and labor if you bought the hitch receiver and wiring harness as an upgrade when you built the truck."

Yes, thank you, Captain Obvious.
Sponsored

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am looking for a trailer hitch cover. I saw someone else ask as well. Don't have my truck yet, just want to be prepared. Does anyone have the trailer hitch and actual photos? The renderings I find all look a little different. I was curious how far it sticks out, etc. Might get a bigger one or smaller one according to how it will fit.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you live in a snowy area I would not suggest a hitch cap cover. Someone gave me a cool NFL hitch cover because I never towed anything for years. Then I went to pull it off to use a trailer and it wouldn't budge. Had to destroy it to get it out, once it was out the metal was all Rusty and expanded from the salt over years. The hitch would not fit, had to file down the inside a little and finally got the hitch in. Will never put a hitch cap cover on again.
Cheap plastic set on Amazon - plastic never rusts! Comes with two (2) covers to protect both ends of the receiver bar. Keeps out water, dirt, and rocks. They are plain and ugly, so maybe no one will steal them.
Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch Hitch Cover

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cheap plastic set on Amazon - plastic never rusts! Comes with two (2) covers to protect both ends of the receiver bar. Keeps out water, dirt, and rocks. They are plain and ugly, so maybe no one will steal them.
Hitch Cover.jpg
Amazon link:

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe this link will work:

Guess it does not like links. Here is the description:

Trailer Hitch Cover, Size 2 inches Black Receiver Tube Trailer Hitch Plug - Set of 2
Amazon'sChoicein Towing Hitch Covers by Color Wand
$9.97 & FREE Returns

BrandColor Wand
MaterialRubber
ColorBlack

About this item
  • Universal Fit any 2" Class 3 III and Class 4 IV Receivers and Easy Installation.
  • Keep your trailer hitch's receiver tube clean and protected when not towing.
  • This plug is manufactured from durable black rubber, smooth black hitch tube cover, design is tough and durable.
  • Easy to install, friction fit does not require a pin and clip to hold in place.
  • 100% Money Back Grarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with the Trailer Hitch Cover, please contact our customer care team, and let us make it right. We guarantee Free Replacement or a Full Refund promptly!

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hitch Cover.jpg
use anti-seize or grease for the connecting tube to keep it from corroding together, maintenace it when you change your oil by reapplying and reassembling it, worth the 15 minutes it will take

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking for a cool receiver hitch cap for the Maverick. Please send your ideas-
I use a step up Bully so tailgaters are forewarned not to get too close. ( I also have the FORD Oval in a square cap bought at the dealer on Ford Pass points.

Ford Maverick Receiver for hitch BullyStepUpLED

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a step up Bully so tailgaters are forewarned not to get too close. ( I also have the FORD Oval in a square cap bought at the dealer on Ford Pass points.
Love the idea but then you're putting the rear-end collision energy into a small space rather than spreading it out on the bumper. Much more unibody damage may result.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love the idea but then you're putting the rear-end collision energy into a small space rather than spreading it out on the bumper. Much more unibody damage may result.
At low speeds maybe.
At higher speeds its just gonna punch a hole in the other guy and keep going. (And both of ya are equally screwed.)

Last edited:

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My truck did not come with the receiver. I looked at the Ford Accessories and they have one for $295. It says no drilling or welding required and says it uses existing holes to install. But from looking at the underside of my truck, there aren't any holes to bolt in to. Does anybody know how this bolts on?
Yea, bro, I think you un-mount the old structure and install this one

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At low speeds maybe.
At higher speeds its just gonna punch a hole in the other guy.
That makes no sense. At higher speeds, the behind vehicle most likely has their front end folded up into their engine compartment. Unless they have a metal bumper, then this hitch is going bye bye. And there's a good chance you get frame damage either way.

This protruding hitch idea only has relevance at low speeds. And as was pointed out you are diverting the energy that is was designed to be displaced across a larger area (bumper) and localizing it into a smaller space on your frame. Sounds like a recipe for more damage to you in hopes of causing it to the other vehicle.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That makes no sense. At higher speeds, the behind vehicle most likely has their front end folded up into their engine compartment. Unless they have a metal bumper, then this hitch is going bye bye. And there's a good chance you get frame damage either way.

This protruding hitch idea only has relevance at low speeds. And as was pointed out you are diverting the energy that is was designed to be displaced across a larger area (bumper) and localizing it into a smaller space on your frame. Sounds like a recipe for more damage to you in hopes of causing it to the other vehicle.
Ya I'm with ya. Which is why I said "at low speeds". At high speeds, not gonna matter. Both vehicles are screwed. 😎
Sponsored