Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't looking at first. Then, after a torque converter failure and transmission replacement, Dad
sent me a FoxNews link on the Maverick. The more I checked it out, the more interested I became!
Talked with my folks about it, and placed a reservation. Converted to an order on 6/24.
Still waiting for build! A bit smaller than current Ranger, and should be easier on gas for my
3X a week trip to dialysis. Only a mile and a half at most. Might be 3 1/2 miles round trip, since I stop and grab a quick snack on my way home!
Still not sure what to do with Ranger: Trade in, Private sale or Keep?
Sponsored

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing but my wife saw a test drive on TV and just had to have it..

in 2007 a bunch of CanAm Spyders drove by our house and she had to have one. I ordered one sight unseen with 1k down and we got number 59 off the assembly line.. still have it!!
So if I spoil her every 15 years then I’m good to go… BTW she bought me the 2021 Ranger Lariat 5 months ago and has never driven it..lol

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ford Escape SUV and toyota RAV4 mid-size SUV. Now I am totally switching to maverick hybrid

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I was originally considering a PHEV SUV such as the Kia Niro, Ford Escape, or Toyota RAV4. I can get by with an SUV, but I'd much rather prefer a truck. I've also wanted a relatively fuel-efficient truck for a while, but those two qualities (fuel efficiency and being a truck) were basically mutually-exclusive.

I forgot how I heard about the Maverick, but I've been following since the first spy photos emerged with the Maverick still wrapped in full camouflage with the faux topper on it. As more info surfaced, I've pretty much decided that it's going to be my next vehicle.

As a past owner of several Fords, I know that waiting until the mid-cycle refresh generally pays off. Fortunately, I don't need a new vehicle for a couple years, so I'm holding my breath for either a Maverick that's an AWD hybrid, or an AWD PHEV. If neither of those come to fruition, I'd be willing to get a FWD hybrid.

Sponsored

Okie from Muskogee

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
I have a perfectly good Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg edition. I was seeing if I wanted to go ev what were my options. I looked at the Volkswagen ID.4 and got sticker shock. I tried Hyundai and Kia evs and continued with additional shocks. I scaled back to the hybrid platform and ran across the Maverick Truck hybrid. It wasn't till I stewed over monthly payments from hybrids that I decided on the Maverick truck. The estimated monthly payment was the final factor.

Drewesque

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro, soon to be Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I was thinking I would get the Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV or an Escape PHEV. I currently have a Niro PHEV and like the commute on electric, but the bed offers more utility. And the price certainly helps justify the gas use, too.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My short list is F150 Lightning, '23 Ranger, and (big) Bronco. But I think all three of these will be LONG waits, so I may give the Maverick a try. It has many appealing attributes, and seems like it would be a fun, useful truck to bop around in. Just waiting for my local dealer to get one in to try on for size before initiating an order.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Still debating Ranger vs Mav internally. Leaning Ranger right now.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan now, but I was wanting a truck. I prefer American brands and have only purchased two foreign made vehicles in my life which were 1967 VW Beetle and 1971 Honda 600, both for my wife. I've all kinds of pickups from Dodge and Ram, Chevys, GMCs, and Ford King Ranch, but always have preferred smaller compact trucks for daily drivers.

I love smaller trucks. In 2004 when GMC stopped Somona production I currently owned a 2001 Silver/Gray ZRX package they labeled an SS. I wanted a V6, so I purchased a GMC Sonoma ZRX completely loaded. Bought it online and flew from Texas to South Carolina to drive it home. I loved that little truck, but in 2006 I traded it in for a 2006 F150 King Ranch which I also loved. But, I still lust after a ZRX which was a great driving little pickup.

To replace the Dodge Grand Caravan I looked at a Honda Ridgeline and the new Hyundai Santa Cruz, but in the end I would have ended up buying a Ram 1500 Quad Cab base trim, even though Ram is now part of Stellantis. With all the confusion about ownership of companies, I was delighted when Ford introduced the Maverick.

The Maverick is everything I wanted in a truck, much less need. Good looks with a conservative yet decidedly truck design, even though it is a unibody. Load and towing capability fits with my requirements, and as a daily driver the 2.0 Eco Boost has the power plus efficiency that I want. I ordered an XL and plan on putting my own touches on it with after market wheels, leather interior, SiriusXM, cruise, tonneau cover, and maybe some tasteful pin striping. Nothing exotic.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Loved my 89 ranger but it started showing it's age. I traded it for a 2005 silverado with an 8' bed. Now it is showing it's age. I don't need a big truck any longer. Drove a 2020 ranger and hatted it. To long, way to tall and I really felt closed in. Then an unsolicited review of a maverick showed up on You Tube and I was sold. Going from an 8' bed to 4.5' is scary.

Deeunicorn

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang
Been looking for a new car or something for the last 3 yrs do to the age of my Mustang, was looking at the Colorado a few years back, however it was took big and too much. Before the Maverick Showed up, I was looking for another Mustang. Then a friend of mine that works at Ford told me about the new maverick as the news was released in June, then I looked it up, loved it, Reserved in June, ordered in July.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like trucks. Due to garage space limitation in FL house. F150/250 was out. Ranger no. Maverick seem to cover it. Thought I would try the hybrid so now I wait with everyone else.