Sponsored

What did YOU cross shop with the Maverick?

What did you (or will you) cross shop / compare with the Maverick?

• Total voters

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

my comparison shopping was mostly online because there was nothing to drive in August 21 when I ordered a Maverick. i did try an escape hybrid and felt it had improved in the fusion hybrid I had assigned as a rental car around 7 or 8 years ago, but it still has no appeal to me.

the hybrid Maverick, tremor and 4k tow cover 3 areas better than anything close to it in cost and capabilities. and a Maverick that isn't one of those 3 outliers is still a great truck for the money.

the Maverick isn't entirely unique but it's close to it.
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the summer of '21, I decided I needed a truck to haul my 5' x 8' utility trailer I use to deliver raised bed garden boxes I build. Most customers don't have a way to get them to their houses, so I started to look at trucks.

Before I found out there was a Maverick coming out, I was shopping around for a new Toyota Tacoma. I had an extremely hard time trying to find one. I couldn't find a new Nissan Frontier neither. I'm not a fan of any GM product, so the Colorado was out. Then I started to see YouTube videos pop up on my feed about the Maverick. I got super excited when I found out there was a hybrid version coming out as well.

I've posted my story about the Mavericks I had previously, but I ordered on 15 October, gave Ford 90 days to deliver it to me, as I was told 8-12 weeks by the Ford dealer. I waited 90 days, and decided to search for a hybrid Maverick as far away as I was willing to travel. I found my first Maverick hybrid XL in Gastonia, NC, flew up there, and drove it home 546 miles. On 30 March, the Ford dealer I ordered from called me and said a customer canceled delivery on his hybrid XLT with lux, so I traded in my XL. Later in '22, I found out I needed surgery on my lumbar and cervical spine and would have permanent loss of range of motion in my cervical spine, so now I needed a Maverick with the CP360. So, I began another search in mid October '22, and found a hybrid Lariat, Lux, CP360, Moonroof, and electric rear sliding window in Tampa. I traded in the XLT for it, and am very happy camper!! This is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had a bunch of vehicles, new and used, since I was 18, and I'm 63 now.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing.

I am not brand loyal and over the years, have bought many different brands of vehicles that suited my needs at the time. I wanted a small-ish truck again that would fit in my garage, is somewhat easy to parallel park and gets at least half-assed good gas mileage.

When the Maverick Hybrid was announced, I realized it checked all the boxes on my list. Plus, with the full back seat, I could drop down to one vehicle. The Hybrid MPGs, longevity and lower maintenance (if Ford ever gets all the new-model bugs squashed) sealed the deal, so I ordered one. Production date is currently end of August.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing.

I am not brand loyal and over the years, have bought many different brands of vehicles that suited my needs at the time. I wanted a small-ish truck again that would fit in my garage, is somewhat easy to parallel park and gets at least half-assed good gas mileage.

When the Maverick Hybrid was announced, I realized it checked all the boxes on my list. Plus, with the full back seat, I could drop down to one vehicle. The Hybrid MPGs, longevity and lower maintenance (if Ford ever gets all the new-model bugs squashed) sealed the deal, so I ordered one. Production date is currently end of August.
Agreed. You won't be disappointed. If I had to have only one vehicle, this would be it. Just wait til you are in hot weather parked and you can leave it "on" to benefit from the electric A/C with no worries about wasting a lot of gas or overheating. One of the unheralded benefits of a Hybrid.
Sponsored