Sponsored

Search results

  1. What’s One Thing That Never Leaves Your Maverick Bed? 😅

    A four way lug wrench and my trailer hitch drawbar.
  2. SAE J398 Tells you how to fill your gas tank...

    A black and yellow can called Heat.
  3. SAE J398 Tells you how to fill your gas tank...

    If you are 80+ you do not remember yesterday. You do remember being stranded in below zero whether because of gas line freeze back in 1960.
  4. SAE J398 Tells you how to fill your gas tank...

    To reduce condensation in the tank, I don't go below half a tank.
  5. Tonneau Cover suggestions

    I had a Sentry CT, IMO the best look hard rollup cover on the market. It was secure and did not leak except water running down the tailgate going through the car wash. I now have a Retraxone retractable cover. I don't miss the 9" of bed length you lose. Going through the car wash it has one...
  6. Are you happy with your Maverick? Would you buy it again?

    I am a MY44 and drive about 3,000 miles a year. Back in 2021 I decided my Silverado was too big. I gave myself a $20,000 budge and started looking for a used Ranger. I found them to be to big on the outside and claustrophobic on the inside. I ended up going way over budget and ordered an XLT...
  7. Lane Keeping System Observations,

    Because of this thread, I went to a nearby road with several gentle curves and let ACC and lain centering drive it. It drove about 2 miles without incident. However, if that is the way anyone drives, they are not a very good driver.
  8. Lane Keeping System Observations,

    Thank you. Because of your post I went back to the manual, then played around with the settings. I finally figured out you need to go features and disable lane centering to enable lane keeping on a MY26 Lariat.
  9. Lane Keeping System Observations,

    I recently traded a MY22 XLT for a MY26 Lariat. I found the lane keeping system on the XLT worked well. It rarely did anything, but when it did get my attention, I was glad it did. I find the lane centering system on the Lariat to be annoying. It steers way too much. I see how it can scrub...
  10. Reason for Dong sound?

    Depending on which map I have selected, I get a dong when approaching a school zone.
  11. Ok Maverick sleuths….need help

    Try tapping the fender vent forward.
  12. RetraxONE & Trash Barels

    So, I guess you won't be buying a retractable bed cover any time soon.
  13. RetraxONE & Trash Barels

    When I bought an XLT, I had a Chevy Silverado. I was very concerned about the small bed. So, I got a Century CT, the best looking bed cover on the market, because it was easy to remove. It was never removed because I needed more bed space. I just replaced the XLT with a Lariat. After living...
  14. 2026 First Impression - 12 days in

    In 2021, not wanting ActiveX seats, I ordered a fully loaded XLT, as my retirement vehicle, thinking I would get everything I wanted. I now have a Lariat on order because I miss all the things I didn't get.
  15. Lariat Grill

    Aherpa picture shows the V8 emblem I removed from my mother's Buick. Would the 26 Lariat grill look better without the Ford logo?
  16. Lariat Grill

    Looking at pictures of the 26 Lariat, I was reminded of my mother's 59 Buick. The grill was made up of emerald cut chrome rectangles with a huge "V" in the middle. Removing the "V" changed the grill from good looking the great looking. I wonder how the Lariat grill will look if the Ford...
  17. Be Honest - have you ever driven with passengers in the rear seats?

    Short emergency trips only. My family complains the back is too vertical. For a planned trip of over 10 minutes we use my wife's Volkswagen. If an extended cab with a 6' bed was an option I probably would have bought it.
  18. Your Retractable Tonneau Reviews

    I am upgrading my 22 XLT to a 26 Lariat. Currently, I have a Tuxedo Sentry CT tonneau. I love the look, relatively practicality and zero leaks-except at the tailgate. My previous truck had a 6' bed with a 2' toolbox. Going to 4.5' bed I picked a cover that could be easy to remove. In 3...
  19. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    The maverick bed rail caps flowing up the cab give more of a SUV look than other pickups, large or small.
  20. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    Where I live there are a lot of Mavericks. So. I have follow them several times. To me they look like a SUV. The third brake light being 4.5' from the back bumper causes a depth perception problem.




Top