Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was passively looking but not really considering a purchase it was more what's out there for what price. I wanted something that was decent looking, got reasonable gas mileage, definitely had to be AWD or 4WD. Saw the Mav with its versatility, good looks, MPG, and price. I remember showing my wife and saying "that's it, exactly what I was looking for" she laughed and said okay what color. I don't buy things randomly or impulsively but when you know, you know. If all goes to plan it will be in my possession by Thanksgiving and I will be a very happy dude.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We recently built a new home and decided that having a truck would be nice for various projects. My daughter just turned 16 and we just thought we would find a used Ranger or other small truck that we could use when we needed it at the home improvement store. As many of you have mentioned used cars, especially trucks, are just too expensive right now. In fact a 2011 Ranger with 150k was listed for sale at $15,000. It made NO SENSE to spend that kind of money on a used truck. So, we found her a nice Accord for well under that and I decided to purchase a base Maverick….well, in my signature below you can see that I have since upgraded from the base XL.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome. But I can’t support going to both HD and Lowe’s. Hahahaha. Just kidding HD for the standard items, Lowe’s for the fancy finish items.

I remember seeing a thread on here with the age group poll. Ford 100% thought they were selling this truck to my dumb age group yet our little poll shows over 50% are going to over 50.
Count me in 65 . Just what I hoped for, easy to get in/out, great fuel economy, & a awesome price. Did I mention it looks good too?

Mav_in_MO

First Name
Kohl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
I think I'm a multi vehicle person at heart. I was shopping hybrid Camry and RAV4s; both ecoboost and GT Mustangs; various trucks like the RAM 1500 and Honda Ridgeline. I really liked the Honda Accord Sport 2.0t for a spell.

I was all over the place until the Maverick launch. Went with a hybrid Lariat Lux in Cyber Orange. The Mav will do great as a do everything type vehicle.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't planning anything in the near term, but I had started scoping and specing Escape HEV, Rav4 HEV/Prime, and Tucson HEV to replace our 10 year old Hyundai Elantra Touring. Was mentally preparing myself to spend over $30k, but then caught wind of the Mav this spring. When it was announced as a HEV for $10K less than what I'd been thinking we'd have to spend, and that I could reserve and spec it exactly how I wanted it, I decided it was worth moving our purchase up a year or two.

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started researching the market back in January/February of 2021. I knew I wanted to replace my car in early 2022, and wanted to get a feel for what is/was out there.

I was not particularly thrilled. I new I wanted something bigger than my last few cars. Minivans were out, because my partner was not on board with that. So, I was looking at SUV's and "small" trucks. I was highly disappointed in the passenger room of trucks like the Ranger, Colorado, and Canyon. I was disappointed in the price of those trucks, and how expensive bigger, more comfortable trucks were.

I had pretty much settled in on a Tuscon, or a Rav4. Then I googled "new small trucks" in March, and stumbled across the Maverick and Santa Cruz. Honestly, I was leaning towards the Santa Cruz until it's pedestrian MPG numbers were released, then I was waffling, wishing Ford would get a move on.

Once Ford announced the hybrid Maverick, I was hooked.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at used trucks Dodge Ram, F150 but I couldn't bring myself to spend $20K on a 8 year old truck with 150,000 miles that only gets 18 MPG avg.

Then fell in love with the 2 door Bronco but couldn't bring myself to spend $45K for something that is completely impracticle for a family of 4 for camping etc.

Then saw the Maverick and it ticked all the boxes -

• Good MPG for commuting
  • 4 doors but still good for parking in the city
  • Can tow a small camper or boat
  • FX4 for going up skiiing
  • Under $30K

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I went back and forth between the Ranger and a Tacoma, but I never fell in love with either. I guess I kind of liked the looks of the Ranger better but I work for Toyota and get a significant discount. Either way I never felt compelled to make the leap and replace my 2014 Cherokee. Then came the Maverick. It was the first time I've ever seen a vehicle and thought "Wow. That was made for me." I reserved and ordered one immediately and have a build week of 9/20. I can not wait!

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because of health issues with my wife, had to give up our travel trailer, so the Dodge Ram 1500 became expendable ( poor gas mileage & to big for our needs). Still need a truck, something with good gas mileage and easy to get in and out, so the Maverick hybrid looks like a good match for our needs.
July 30, ordered a Rapid Red First Edition Lariat Hybrid with 360
Best wishes for your wife’s health and we hope you both enjoy the new Ford.
Take care✔🇺🇸

hippietim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger, Ford Maverick Lariat
Toyota Tacoma - the 2022 TRD Pro in Lime Green looks fantastic.
Mustang GT Premium - this might still happen next year

Sponsored

Garry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company owned Chevy 1500
Cyber truck extended range. I've done the math, I'll be dead before my number comes up.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2011-2017 F150's, '11-17 Tacomas or a '15-21 Outback.

Had all the pricing charts laid out, visiting dealers, was grumbling about the 150s and then found out about the Mav

Ford Maverick Before Maverick, what were you looking at? Screenshot_20210929-094653_Sheets

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was looking at a used Chevy Bolt. Unfortunately they have battery issues that can cause a fire.

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Embarrassing, was thinking of trying to find a manual Hyundai Accent because it seemed appealing at 15,500 after incentives as a commuter, which proved to be difficult to track down, unicorn of sorts. Then I started talking to dealers and it became evident that Autos were likely the only thing I could track down. Local dealer had an Automatic mark up, which made it 18,500. So I said screw you, I’ll just wait for a Maverick and pay 4k more for something that is actually interesting. And here I am

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was not looking at anything yet, but I was thinking about either a Honda Accord hybrid, or a small hybrid SUV such as Escape, RAV4, or CR-V. When the Maverick was announced I thought, wow, a little hybrid truck at a surprisingly low price! We've never owned a truck before, so the practical benefits of the bed combined with four doors and great gas mileage is very appealing.

I was never considering any other truck. I didn't want the lousy gas mileage and they all seem overpriced. The Maverick became a viable option to other hybrid vehicles. Obviously, I don't have a need for heavy hauling or towing.

I almost ordered one back in June but thought I was being too irrational. :) (I usually take my time with major purchase decisions.) Pulled the trigger a couple months later.
Sponsored