First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer came and jumped it. They installed new battery and new software. Went dead again. Rep called me and to remove the truck from Ford Pass app on a Friday, they called me Monday and said it was fine all weekend and I could pick it up. Nota problem since. They said the app was actually draining the battery as it was over communicating with the truck. I also turned off the trucks Wi-Fi. I was told not to add the truck to the app until there is a fix.
Chicago Mike, sorry to hear about the issue, hope it is completely resolved quickly. I am at 2300 miles on mine, keeping my fingers crossed it does not occur. I am connected to Ford Pass and have the wifi on, left it untouched for 10 days while out on vacation. It started up and no messages have been received on Ford Pass app so far. Which dealer worked on your Maverick? Just in case I end up with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Chicago Mike

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chicago Mike, sorry to hear about the issue, hope it is completely resolved quickly. I am at 2300 miles on mine, keeping my fingers crossed it does not occur. I am connected to Ford Pass and have the wifi on, left it untouched for 10 days while out on vacation. It started up and no messages have been received on Ford Pass app so far. Which dealer worked on your Maverick? Just in case I end up with the same issue. Thanks in advance.
Thanks, I’m in El Paso dealer is Viva Ford. That’s what they told me and it’s been fine since I dropped the truck in the APP, I don’t think they are lying as my ticket was addressed via their Ford tech support and they are the ones who said have the customer remove the truck from the app. They even put it in writing on my service order. Knock on wood, it’s been fine since.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I’m in El Paso dealer is Viva Ford. That’s what they told me and it’s been fine since I dropped the truck in the APP, I don’t think they are lying as my ticket was addressed via their Ford tech support and they are the ones who said have the customer remove the truck from the app. They even put it in writing on my service order. Knock on wood, it’s been fine since.
Thanks Chicago Mike for your response. If it happens to mine, I will definitely remove it from the app as I do believe it might be the problem. I am in El Paso and will keep Viva Ford in mind. Thanks again!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way I read that bulletin is that they are talking about third party apps and not the Ford Pass. Am I missing something? Is there even a third party app that people are using?

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn’t your name be changed to El Paso Mike?

OP
OP
Chicago Mike

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn’t your name be changed to El Paso Mike?
Nope, born and raised in Chicago, on the south side. El Paso is my umteenth duty assignment. Everywhere is home I guess.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The way I read that bulletin is that they are talking about third party apps and not the Ford Pass. Am I missing something? Is there even a third party app that people are using?
I was actually thinking the same thing, that's the way I read it, third party apps.

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion, but the Ford Pass app communicating with the truck should have zero to due with the 12V battery not being charged from the Hybrid battery. It's more likely the cable connection in question. I've had no Deep Sleep/Remote features disabled messages since putting a small clamp on the connection.

And I only got the one when I wiggled the connection to test it, which likely momentarily broke the connection.
Can you post a picture of what you did with the clamp? Thanks!

Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The third party apps are activated through the FordPass APP. Therein lies the problem. If you do not use a third party APP then all should be fine.

Chicago Mike, were you using any third party APPS?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Possibly referring to apps/widgets like the one here for iOS that accesses the FordPass API to show vehicle status.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Did not know they had such things.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The third party apps are activated through the FordPass APP. Therein lies the problem. If you do not use a third party APP then all should be fine.

Chicago Mike, were you using any third party APPS?
Great question what confused me is that it was mentioned to remove the truck from Ford pass.
Sponsored