First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lariat hybrid like others is now dead and at the dealer. November build with 3500 miles, drove fine with an occasional connectivity issue with my phone and a random alert about low power and to start it as normal...until two Mondays ago, when I got in to go to work and it was dead. It did make about 100 weird clicky noises in no particular rhythm, and when I turned on the AC the lights on the head unit activated, but no blower etc. All other functions dead. Jumped it last Wednesday and got it to the dealer, they couldn't look at it until this week. TSB was completed as tech told me there is a TSB for a known battery drain issue on the hybrid Mav. New battery installed as well as new software package. Tech called this past Monday and said truck looks good after work was done but they wanted to keep it overnight to verify all is good in the AM. At 0155 in the morning Ford Pass indicates that its back in deep sleep mode. Tech calls with the bad news the next day...standing by for next update. 🤷‍♂️ 😪

@Ford, no need to reach out as I already relayed VIN info etc. via PM and I am working with one of your social media associates, who assigned a case # and sent info to tech support. I just wanted to alert the forum of the issue.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far it seems the ones having the issues have been built last year or very early this year. I will be watching this thread.

OP
OP
Chicago Mike

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
have this too..april 8th build date, gonna check solder connection next to jumper post.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
have this too..april 8th build date, gonna check solder connection next to jumper post.
Yours is dead and it was built in April? So much for it just being an issue with early builds then…

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yours is dead and it was built in April? So much for it just being an issue with early builds then…
maybe its just a bad battery? i did the highbeam flash 5 times and brake press 3 times to reset the battery sensor, it feels like its helped? i havent gotten any deep sleep messages in ford pass, but ive also been driving it everyday, and trickle charged it the night before. need to leave it sitting for a long time period to see if the battery goes dead again...

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lariat hybrid like others is now dead and at the dealer. November build with 3500 miles, drove fine with an occasional connectivity issue with my phone and a random alert about low power and to start it as normal...until two Mondays ago, when I got in to go to work and it was dead. It did make about 100 weird clicky noises in no particular rhythm, and when I turned on the AC the lights on the head unit activated, but no blower etc. All other functions dead. Jumped it last Wednesday and got it to the dealer, they couldn't look at it until this week. TSB was completed as tech told me there is a TSB for a known battery drain issue on the hybrid Mav. New battery installed as well as new software package. Tech called this past Monday and said truck looks good after work was done but they wanted to keep it overnight to verify all is good in the AM. At 0155 in the morning Ford Pass indicates that its back in deep sleep mode. Tech calls with the bad news the next day...standing by for next update. 🤷‍♂️ 😪

@Ford, no need to reach out as I already relayed VIN info etc. via PM and I am working with one of your social media associates, who assigned a case # and sent info to tech support. I just wanted to alert the forum of the issue.
Did you get it towed for Free and a Free loaner ?

Sponsored

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
april 8th 2022? Hybrid? Dam.. mine is a march built with 1500 miles only. Haven't got the dead batt yet… but i am getting mentally ready :)

i bought a couple of small clamps. And planning to do some roadtrip this summer.. i really don't want to stall in a middle of nowhere thousands of miles from my home.

if yours was an april 2022 built, then it means they have to redesign the harness completely.. i think ford refuse because they think the solder was badly done on only very few of them.while many of us think that even if they don't fail now, they will fail later.. the question is not IF its gona faill but when and where its gona fail.

Using only solder without clamping it in a such important wire just to save $2 per vehicle was really dumb.

on bronco forum it took several petitions and complaints for the nhtsa to investigate because refused to recall the bronco.

OP
OP
Chicago Mike

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get it towed for Free and a Free loaner ?
Dealer came and jumped it. They installed new battery and new software. Went dead again. Rep called me and to remove the truck from Ford Pass app on a Friday, they called me Monday and said it was fine all weekend and I could pick it up. Nota problem since. They said the app was actually draining the battery as it was over communicating with the truck. I also turned off the trucks Wi-Fi. I was told not to add the truck to the app until there is a fix.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer came and jumped it. They installed new battery and new software. Went dead again. Rep called me and to remove the truck from Ford Pass app on a Friday, they called me Monday and said it was fine all weekend and I could pick it up. Nota problem since. They said the app was actually draining the battery as it was over communicating with the truck. I also turned off the trucks Wi-Fi. I was told not to add the truck to the app until there is a fix.
Ford- Software is hard- They have also been fighting a bug in the app that lets the previous owner still control the truck even after a software wipe- Fun- Good luck over there-

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
april 8th 2022? Hybrid? Dam.. mine is a march built with 1500 miles only. Haven't got the dead batt yet… but i am getting mentally ready :)

i bought a couple of small clamps. And planning to do some roadtrip this summer.. i really don't want to stall in a middle of nowhere thousands of miles from my home.

if yours was an april 2022 built, then it means they have to redesign the harness completely.. i think ford refuse because they think the solder was badly done on only very few of them.while many of us think that even if they don't fail now, they will fail later.. the question is not IF its gona faill but when and where its gona fail.

Using only solder without clamping it in a such important wire just to save $2 per vehicle was really dumb.

on bronco forum it took several petitions and complaints for the nhtsa to investigate because refused to recall the bronco.
Jeeze. buy a new Ford truck and be paranode the damn thing is going to leave you somewhere? That sucks!!! Come on Ford. Make us feel better
Sponsored