First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a thought guys.. I closed my door one night after pulling the truck in the car port & instead of walking away I just waited until all the lights turn off the vehicle... I still haven't figured out all the buttons to this truck yet but when I looked somehow I looked at the external cab light.. It was still ON by mistake. I didn't know what that button did, you know how kids are pushing buttons lol. So evidently I hit the cab light button on the truck to keep it on. If I hadn't looked back I wouldn't have noticed it.... Especially in the day time.. In other words at night just for kicks go out about 10 or 15 minutes later & walk around the truck & look for lights or something.. also in the bed if you have that feature...Not saying that's what it is but it's worth a shot... My interior lights are set to OFF when I open the doors because I don't want bugs getting in my truck at night when I open the door lol.
I haven't had any problems yet...6K miles.

Also on my Buick I have a battery tracker connected to my battery & I can look at battery voltage on my phone... I can also set alerts to when it drops below 12.3 volts( I think that's what it is) to send alert to my phone... I wonder if this would be feasible. It's made for Anti Gravity batteries though but hey 12. volts is 12 volts. Could at least put it on to see when the battery is actually dropping. And alert you inside your home but it has to be in range though for it to work..
Sponsored

Last edited:

ELGIN KENNY

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MAVERICK 2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after two days at the dealer, they called me and basically gave up. They did not check the wire harness so many of the current posts have been mentioning, because frankly they had no idea what it was. This was the first hybrid that the dealer had serviced, and they told me "battery health is fine, no error codes, nothing we can do." I tried to get them to check the wiring hardness, to which they claimed the checked all the wires. They did not check the wire in the engine that many people believe is the cause of this issue. I asked them twice to check it and they just kept saying "we checked the wires to the battery."

So meanwhile, I just wait for it to die again I suppose, or a TSB to be issued. Might call around to some dealers service departments in a more populated area to see if they have serviced this issue yet.

This is basically what you can expect from small town dealers when there is no guidance from Ford.
I'm living the power drain nightmare too. 5 months, 5,000 miles, If I leave the truck 20 hours without driving it goes dead. 2 delivers know nothing. No codes 12V checks out. Its been sitting at dealer since wed. Leaving it sit 48 to see if it's dead while in their care lol Ive heard everything from keys and wi-fi communicating all night with vehicle, to software update needs, to wire harness, corrosion in fuse box, bad connections, bad grounds Ford obviously is in over their head. Mechanics do not know how to fix these vehicles not trained

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm living the power drain nightmare too. 5 months, 5,000 miles, If I leave the truck 20 hours without driving it goes dead. 2 delivers know nothing. No codes 12V checks out. Its been sitting at dealer since wed. Leaving it sit 48 to see if it's dead while in their care lol Ive heard everything from keys and wi-fi communicating all night with vehicle, to software update needs, to wire harness, corrosion in fuse box, bad connections, bad grounds Ford obviously is in over their head. Mechanics do not know how to fix these vehicles not trained
I'm in a very similar situation, unfortunately. I have a 2023 XLT hybrid, I've only owned it about 5 weeks and have since had two completely dead batteries that required jump starting the car.

Because my dealership is so incompetent, I've been driving the distance to at least get help from someone who at least tries to help.

They replaced my 12 volt battery and checked for all updates and told me that my original battery had a dead cell. This was 4 days ago.

Since then, two more deep sleep notifications and just this morning I measured 11.19 volts on my resting 12V (after driving it almost 50 mi in the 80° weather yesterday).

I have another appointment tomorrow at 4:30, because clearly the issue is deeper.

I too have done everything from turning off the radio, shutting off the screen, keeping my key in a Faraday bag, turning off the Wi-Fi and all system updates. And yet, my truck can barely make it overnight.

Not sure what the next step will be...

I love this truck, it terrifies me thinking about having to give it up, but I won't live with this nightmare of never knowing whether or not my car will start.

Last edited:

ELGIN KENNY

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MAVERICK 2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in a very similar situation, unfortunately. I have a 2023 XLT hybrid, I've only owned it about 5 weeks and have since had two completely dead batteries that required jump starting the car.

Because my dealership is so incompetent, I've been driving the distance to at least get help from someone who at least tries to help.

They replaced my 12 volt battery and checked for all updates and told me that my original battery had a dead cell. This was 4 days ago.

Since then, two more deep sleep notifications and just this morning I measured 11.19 volts on my resting 12V (after driving it almost 50 mi in the 80° weather yesterday).

I have another appointment tomorrow at 4:30, because clearly the issue is deeper.

I too have done everything from turning off the radio, shutting off the screen, keeping my key in a Faraday bag, turning off the Wi-Fi and all system updates. And yet, my truck can barely make it overnight.

Not sure what the next step will be...

I love this truck, it terrifies me thinking about having to give it up, but I won't live with this nightmare of never knowing whether or not my car will start.
I was having exact problems I finally put keys in metal box, shut off bluetooth to truck from phone and in truck, shut off my wifi at night and in truck and CarPlay, basically made sure nothing was switched on on the truck screen. I think your truck is still searching/communicating

Jdee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL hybrid /carb gray /copilot/sliding window
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.
There's ford's social media mouthpiece again to spin your wheels

Sponsored

Jdee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best thing is to report issues to NHTSA in the compaints. This is what will force the hand of Ford. Ford doesnt like continues reports and if there are many issues report and they dont do something .. Big fines.
Right on

Jdee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far so good with my Lariat Hybrid FE ....... Built January 2021.

With about 40,000 Mavericks registered in the US, NHTSA will take owner complaints, investigate them independently, then advise Ford what their decision would be regarding if it qualifies for a recall or a TSB.

Suing Ford is stupid, could cost more going through the lawsuit then the vehicle is worth.
Thats why Ford has the social media mouthpiece person here monitoring and trying to put out the fires.
Sponsored