Sponsored

Dead Hybrid again, AFTER wire harness replacement!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer found multiple low voltage codes. DCDC module not communicating with scan tool. connector C1457B was disconnected. reconnected and was able to clear all codes. truck now no problems at present.
If this works it is great news and kudos to your dealer for troubleshooting and enacting a possible solution. My lazy ass dealer just feeds me the BS about how this is a sophisticated vehicle and the electronics need protecting, blah, blah, blah, as if I'm a techno moron who lives in a cave. Thanks for posting this. Should help a multitude of folks here.
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer found multiple low voltage codes. DCDC module not communicating with scan tool. connector C1457B was disconnected. reconnected and was able to clear all codes. truck now no problems at present.
Where is connector C1457B?

Reactions: Dad

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am experiencing a very similar issue. The battery had a dead cell so it was replaced, but it continued to drain the battery.
You and me both...just had a new 12V installed last week. Showed an 11.19V reading this morning after being driven all day yesterday. Have you had any other work done (wiring harness, Connector C1457B being looked at, other)?? I'm trying to troubleshoot before my next appointment with the dealership tomorrow..

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You and me both...just had a new 12V installed last week. Showed an 11.19V reading this morning after being driven all day yesterday. Have you had any other work done (wiring harness, Connector C1457B being looked at, other)?? I'm trying to troubleshoot before my next appointment with the dealership tomorrow..
I've got an appointment to have it looked at this Thursday. I did have to have a DC/DC converter replaced at 780 miles. It was not doing the deep sleep thing until after that was replaced. Right now I am not in deep sleep. I turned my wifi off and disconnected the ford pass. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but something happened. I also have been driving around with the low button on the transmission engaged. It seems to supercharge the regenerative braking. Again, I don't know if this has anything to do with preventing deep sleep. I can tell you that after my car sits all night the voltage is still dropping to around 11.3v to 11.5v, so something is drawing energy from the battery. I think engaging the low setting is helping to keep the amps up on the battery which could keep the truck from deep sleeping. I am going to ask if there is a way to increase the adjustment of the normal regenerative braking.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This makes mean wonder:
- If the HV battery is dead, then there is no way to start the vehicle?
- If the HV battery is dead, how do you charge it?
- If the 12v battery is dead it has been proven that jumping with a jump box will turn on the computer and allow the truck to be started by the HV battery.
- I believe the 12v battery is charged by the HV battery.
- I believe that the 'deep sleep' status is designed to stop (slow?) the draws on the 12v battery so that the HV battery does not drain itself by charging the 12v battery.
- So what happens if the 'deep sleep' is not enough and the HV battery does get drained?

Not saying anything, just things I think are true and things that make me wonder. If anyone knows how to start the truck with a dead HV battery that would be good information to have.
Per manual = Take to dealer
I agree with you on NOCO. You just have to make sure you get a model capable of the type and size of engine.
On my noco 50gbs instructions if 12v battery is below a certain voltage it will not work and to bypass low voltage of the battery the on button should be held down for (I think 3 seconds) to turn off that (safety?) feature.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where is connector C1457B?
C1457B is one of the connectors on the DC-DC converter itself. So in @Mikecando's case where they replaced the 12V cable assembly first they probably disconnected the DC-DC converter to move it as part of that procedure and forgot to plug it back it in.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got an appointment to have it looked at this Thursday. I did have to have a DC/DC converter replaced at 780 miles. It was not doing the deep sleep thing until after that was replaced. Right now I am not in deep sleep. I turned my wifi off and disconnected the ford pass. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but something happened. I also have been driving around with the low button on the transmission engaged. It seems to supercharge the regenerative braking. Again, I don't know if this has anything to do with preventing deep sleep. I can tell you that after my car sits all night the voltage is still dropping to around 11.3v to 11.5v, so something is drawing energy from the battery. I think engaging the low setting is helping to keep the amps up on the battery which could keep the truck from deep sleeping. I am going to ask if there is a way to increase the adjustment of the normal regenerative braking.
I use Low frequently usually only the last 3-4 miles from home as it will maximize Regen braking and will charge the HVB. The apparent downside is the ice runs much more and it will apparently when hvb gets to 70% or so engine braking occurs. Try slippery mode with low in cruise (I have ACC on my Lariat) at around 42-45mph. When you slow down for turn or ? Push resume instead of pedal. ACC will use 40-50% power for very short time and drop back to electric faster than you could get foot off pedal. I have 16 miles of 40-45mph and this mode will usually result in 53-63 mpg on it

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use Low frequently usually only the last 3-4 miles from home as it will maximize Regen braking and will charge the HVB. The apparent downside is the ice runs much more and it will apparently when hvb gets to 70% or so engine braking occurs. Try slippery mode with low in cruise (I have ACC on my Lariat) at around 42-45mph. When you slow down for turn or ? Push resume instead of pedal. ACC will use 40-50% power for very short time and drop back to electric faster than you could get foot off pedal. I have 16 miles of 40-45mph and this mode will usually result in 53-63 mpg on it
I'll try that. Thanks.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

C1457B is one of the connectors on the DC-DC converter itself. So in @Mikecando's case where they replaced the 12V cable assembly first they probably disconnected the DC-DC converter to move it as part of that procedure and forgot to plug it back it in.
Ford used to have the connector number actually give you a clue to where it is physically located, I was just wondering if that is still the case.

Sponsored

Ross

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang V6, 2021 Mustang GT, 1993 Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like it's under the hood near the 12v battery.
1682437334894.png
Like I said, no logic, on Foxbody Mustangs the actual number represented how many inches is was back from the bummer.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only problem with what you're saying (and doing) is that you're recharging the HVB (High Voltage Battery) and not the 12V battery, which is where you're measuring the voltage. And while it's true the the HVB charges the 12V battery (via the DC-to-DC inverter), braking region, driving in "L" to increase region, and the other changes you're doing do NOT directly impact the charging of the 12V battery. It's still being charged at whatever rate the BMS (battery management system) determines is appropriate.

I suspect Ford has a problem in their BMS programming, and that the BMS is never actually charging the 12V battery to an optimal level. Based on some people's reported voltage readings taken an hour or so after shutting down, it's never charging the battery up to 100% charge state - it's closer to 40-50%. Most of those reporting are the ones having deep sleep issues. I don't know that we've seen reports from Hybrid drivers who do NOT have the Deep Sleep issue. I know I've never experienced the deep sleep, nor have I ever measured the actual voltage of my 12V battery. Might do that next time I take it out - if I can remember... (Big IF there...)

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Ford recommends that the vehicle be run at least once every week, maybe two. If you can't, then pull the 12 volt battery negative cable to disconnect it before storage, because any modern vehicle will slowly drain the battery.

Use your blade key to get into the cab.
No issues then just reconnecting later?
Sponsored