NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer came and jumped it. They installed new battery and new software. Went dead again. Rep called me and to remove the truck from Ford Pass app on a Friday, they called me Monday and said it was fine all weekend and I could pick it up. Nota problem since. They said the app was actually draining the battery as it was over communicating with the truck. I also turned off the trucks Wi-Fi. I was told not to add the truck to the app until there is a fix.
I wasn’t planning on signing up for the Ford Pass app anyway so this is another reason not to. As long as I can drive it without the app, I don’t have any reason to use it.—By the way, I at least heard back from one of them.
Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wasn’t planning on signing up for the Ford Pass app anyway so this is another reason not to. As long as I can drive it without the app, I don’t have any reason to use it.—By the way, I at least heard back from one of them.
You read my mind! This is my first hybrid and after seeing the battery/electrical problems I use my hybrid like it was my first new car('78 Mustang) radio only. I turn off the automatic lights,don't use the AC,no use of apps,no phone connection...etc. Following these blips carefully,no problems so far but watching.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You read my mind! This is my first hybrid and after seeing the battery/electrical problems I use my hybrid like it was my first new car('78 Mustang) radio only. I turn off the automatic lights,don't use the AC,no use of apps,no phone connection...etc. Following these blips carefully,no problems so far but watching.
No AC? Really? Honestly, I think your hybrid will be fine if you use the AC and automatic lights. As for the other stuff, I don't use them either because I have no use for them.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No AC? Really? Honestly, I think your hybrid will be fine if you use the AC and automatic lights. As for the other stuff, I don't use them either because I have no use for them.
Agree. No problems so far...but when you live in Northeast Ohio AC use is (for me) not that big of a deal.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion, but the Ford Pass app communicating with the truck should have zero to due with the 12V battery not being charged from the Hybrid battery. It's more likely the cable connection in question. I've had no Deep Sleep/Remote features disabled messages since putting a small clamp on the connection.

And I only got the one when I wiggled the connection to test it, which likely momentarily broke the connection.

Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion, but the Ford Pass app communicating with the truck should have zero to due with the 12V battery not being charged from the Hybrid battery. It's more likely the cable connection in question. I've had no Deep Sleep/Remote features disabled messages since putting a small clamp on the connection.

And I only got the one when I wiggled the connection to test it, which likely momentarily broke the connection.
Are you taking your MAV to the dealer to have that connection looked at? The Ford app has caused problems for some. It can cause a 12v battery drain. Chicago Mike seems to be experiencing the problem.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you taking your MAV to the dealer to have that connection looked at? The Ford app has caused problems for some. It can cause a 12v battery drain. Chicago Mike seems to be experiencing the problem.
Not until a recall is issued, or if I have another problem with it. When I called, they had heard nothing about the issue and wanted me to leave it there for at least a week to diagnose it.

I run the Torque Android app daily and check on battery voltage, consistent 14.5V when running.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok just as a precaution, I now too have removed my Lariat Hybrid from the Fordpass app.

I just don't need this kind of headache from a brand new truck!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer came and jumped it. They installed new battery and new software. Went dead again. Rep called me and to remove the truck from Ford Pass app on a Friday, they called me Monday and said it was fine all weekend and I could pick it up. Nota problem since. They said the app was actually draining the battery as it was over communicating with the truck. I also turned off the trucks Wi-Fi. I was told not to add the truck to the app until there is a fix.
Dealer is just making sh*t up. The FordPass App is NOT draining the battery because if that was the problem many tens of thousands Maverick Hybrid owners would be reporting the issue.

They actually are just wild-ass guessing as to what the problem is because they have no clue.

Expect the problem to reoccur.

OP
OP
Chicago Mike

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for telling me to expect the truck to die again. I need that positive reinforcement.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using only solder without clamping it in a such important wire just to save $2 per vehicle was really dumb.
I heard it was also crimped. Can anyone confirm?

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer is just making sh*t up. The FordPass App is NOT draining the battery because if that was the problem many tens of thousands Maverick Hybrid owners would be reporting the issue.

They actually are just wild-ass guessing as to what the problem is because they have no clue.

Expect the problem to reoccur.
There was a notice from Ford about disconnecting the FordPass App. I think it had to do with using aftermarket, not Ford approved stuff. I will try to find it.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid