First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once again my Maverick is in the shop. For the 3rd time. The first time I went to fill up with gas and the fill up door wouldn't open. It was sleeting outside so not a really big surprise. There was ice all around the gas fill door. So I'm sitting at a gas station wondering what to do. The owners manual said that there was a tool that you could use to pry the door open. I used it and the fuel filter door cover came off, but the inner part would not release so I couldnt get gas.. idrove it to the dealer. After sitting in a heated garage, it finally opened. A few months later I stopped for gas, got back in, and it was totally dead. I was in Northern Michigan and had to have it towed miles to a dealership. They fixed it. Said it was a loose cable. A month later, pulled into our driveway and once again it was totally dead. Now we are waiting for the "right technician" to diagnose it. When we bought the vehicle, we were promised a free loaner if repairs took more than 24 hours. Of course now that we need one we were quoted $45.00 per day. My dad started buying Fords in the early 80s. Always had a Ford. I have been buying Fords since my first pickup in 1977. But never again. Quality has gone down hill, and service is terrible. What a shame. My wife and I are in our 70s and we can't afford an unreliable vehicle. And so far we've had 3 recalls.
Sponsored

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has it gotten any better?

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once again my Maverick is in the shop. For the 3rd time. The first time I went to fill up with gas and the fill up door wouldn't open. It was sleeting outside so not a really big surprise. There was ice all around the gas fill door. So I'm sitting at a gas station wondering what to do. The owners manual said that there was a tool that you could use to pry the door open. I used it and the fuel filter door cover came off, but the inner part would not release so I couldnt get gas.. idrove it to the dealer. After sitting in a heated garage, it finally opened. A few months later I stopped for gas, got back in, and it was totally dead. I was in Northern Michigan and had to have it towed miles to a dealership. They fixed it. Said it was a loose cable. A month later, pulled into our driveway and once again it was totally dead. Now we are waiting for the "right technician" to diagnose it. When we bought the vehicle, we were promised a free loaner if repairs took more than 24 hours. Of course now that we need one we were quoted $45.00 per day. My dad started buying Fords in the early 80s. Always had a Ford. I have been buying Fords since my first pickup in 1977. But never again. Quality has gone down hill, and service is terrible. What a shame. My wife and I are in our 70s and we can't afford an unreliable vehicle. And so far we've had 3 recalls.
Seriously reconsidering picking up my new 24 hybrid in s couple days. Think they just have not mastered the technology. I am not tech savvy to deal wiyh all the issues.

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seriously reconsidering picking up my new 24 hybrid in s couple days. Think they just have not mastered the technology. I am not tech savvy to deal wiyh all the issues.
It's important to remember that the absolute vast majority of hybrid owners are very happy with their trucks. I've got about 10k miles on mine and not a single hiccup. I love it, and I'm so happy I skipped the EB and got the hybrid with its ability to hit 50mpg+ in town. Also it is just more fun to drive. Regen and electric mode really turn it into a game.

Negative experiences are overrepresented on the Internet because when your truck doesn't work, you are pissed. You are stewing on it all day. You waited over a year and you got a lemon. You are so upset and betrayed and you need to warn others away from this piece of trash.

Very few of the happy majority create forum accounts to sing praises because they aren't even thinking about it. They drive it daily and everything is unremarkable because it works like it should. No reason to shout.

A lot of the negative threads you see here are started by accounts that have exactly that one post in their history. You can check OP's account to see he made it specifically to vent about his bad experience. A valid experience, but not representative of the whole body of Maverick owners.
Sponsored