Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feb Build
3600 miles
Lariat HEV

Was traveling on the interstate with my family when one of the kids needed to potty. We stopped at the rest stop and all got out of the Mav. After we came back we could not unlock it, no response to key fob. Manually unlocked the vehicle and still no response from any electronics. My wife also had a key fob, so we didn't understand. Got the manual out and started panicking internally. Luckily after what seemed like an eternity (3 minutes) it came back to life. We were able to return home safely. This was a week ago.

Since then I've noticed that the ICE always seems to run for about the first few minutes of the drive charging the hybrid battery even when running in eco mode with no AC. My MPG has dropped due to this.

Dealer said they won't be able to check it until Monday. I'll keep you all updated. My assumption it's the same wiring issue you all are seeing. Seems pretty widespread on this forum.

Feels like I'm driving a ticking bomb, which no new vehicle owner should feel
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I leave my dash cam plugged in to mine, and it seems like it powers off after a while with the car off. Occasionally the engine runs to charge the battery at start like you said. I've not had an issue with key fob. Very rarely the radio keeps to go off for a split second though.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feb Build
3600 miles
Lariat HEV

Was traveling on the interstate with my family when one of the kids needed to potty. We stopped at the rest stop and all got out of the Mav. After we came back we could not unlock it, no response to key fob. Manually unlocked the vehicle and still no response from any electronics. My wife also had a key fob, so we didn't understand. Got the manual out and started panicking internally. Luckily after what seemed like an eternity (3 minutes) it came back to life. We were able to return home safely. This was a week ago.

Since then I've noticed that the ICE always seems to run for about the first few minutes of the drive charging the hybrid battery even when running in eco mode with no AC. My MPG has dropped due to this.

Dealer said they won't be able to check it until Monday. I'll keep you all updated. My assumption it's the same wiring issue you all are seeing. Seems pretty widespread on this forum.

Not good. More and more people are reporting this... Good luck and looking forward to your updates.. @Ford Motor Company this needs to be fixed asap...

OP
OP
Bryant21

Bryant21

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after two days at the dealer, they called me and basically gave up. They did not check the wire harness so many of the current posts have been mentioning, because frankly they had no idea what it was. This was the first hybrid that the dealer had serviced, and they told me "battery health is fine, no error codes, nothing we can do." I tried to get them to check the wiring hardness, to which they claimed the checked all the wires. They did not check the wire in the engine that many people believe is the cause of this issue. I asked them twice to check it and they just kept saying "we checked the wires to the battery."

So meanwhile, I just wait for it to die again I suppose, or a TSB to be issued. Might call around to some dealers service departments in a more populated area to see if they have serviced this issue yet.

This is basically what you can expect from small town dealers when there is no guidance from Ford.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So after two days at the dealer, they called me and basically gave up. They did not check the wire harness so many of the current posts have been mentioning, because frankly they had no idea what it was. This was the first hybrid that the dealer had serviced, and they told me "battery health is fine, no error codes, nothing we can do." I tried to get them to check the wiring hardness, to which they claimed the checked all the wires. They did not check the wire in the engine that many people believe is the cause of this issue. I asked them twice to check it and they just kept saying "we checked the wires to the battery."

So meanwhile, I just wait for it to die again I suppose, or a TSB to be issued. Might call around to some dealers service departments in a more populated area to see if they have serviced this issue yet.

This is basically what you can expect from small town dealers when there is no guidance from Ford.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Feb Build
3600 miles
Lariat HEV

EV’s not ready for prime time, but the government will keep forcing them on us. Thank goodness you had the ICE to get you home.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Come on guys. The intern who is assigned to occasionally reply on here has no power to fix anyone's car. You know this, right?

:ROFLMAO:

Not good. More and more people are reporting this... Good luck and looking forward to your updates.. @Ford Motor Company this needs to be fixed asap...

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
EV’s not ready for prime time, but the government will keep forcing them on us. Thank goodness you had the ICE to get you home.
Exactly the reason my wife will not drive the truck unless I'm with her. Total cluster from FORD.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.
Ford do you guys have a fix for this yet or an explanation of why this is happening. Is it an issue with just earlier builds? Is there a TSB? Will dealers be checking hybrids on delivery? What's going on? My hybrid is getting delivered this Sunday and I'm actually nervous more then excited because of these reported issues.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford do you guys have a fix for this yet or an explanation of why this is happening. Is it an issue with just earlier builds? Is there a TSB? Will dealers be checking hybrids on delivery? What's going on? My hybrid is getting delivered this Sunday and I'm actually nervous more then excited because of these reported issues.
Better run while you still can!

Reactions: 999

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Feb Build
3600 miles
Lariat HEV

I just went out and hooked up my volt meter and shook the living hell out of that cable and the voltage remained at 12.33 volts. If there were a bad joint, the voltage would have bounce between 12.33 and 0 volts.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's my understanding that this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the high voltage system or the electric motor - it's an issue with the standard 12v system. If the Ecoboost used the same 12v cable/harness (which I guess apparently it doesn't) we'd see reports of Ecoboosts failing to start as well. Don't blame EVs (which the Maverick hybrid isn't anyway)

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This isn't an EV. It's a hybrid. Hybrids have been in use for about a quarter of a century.
Sponsored