John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's about what it SHOULD cost, but NO!

U-Haul would not even give me a quote to install a hitch receiver on the Maverick because Ford made it so stinking hard to make this an add-on accessory.
Wow. I am glad I took the factory option. My only regret is I wished I did not get the bed extender. It does look nice, just not sure how often it will be used.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a text from the dealer that I bought my Maverick from. $810 for a trailer hitch receiver and wiring, installed (plus tax). I was told when I ordered that it would delay delivery ($100 I think that it was). Does anyone know where I can get one, and install it myself? Or probably just wait until someone does make them.
Does anyone have a part number list of the required components to add the factory trailer hitch and 4 pin wiring? My dealer agreed to add the option, at the build price of 100.00, but now they are saying they are not sure what parts are needed. Since it is a new 2022 model they dont have complete parts diagrams and part descriptions. I know it takes the hitch and 4 pin plug harness, but it looks like there is possibly another harness and a control box for the lights.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know this would have cost a grand total of $100 parts and labor if you bought the hitch receiver and wiring harness as an upgrade when you built the truck.

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is one of the reasons I have sat so long. I reckon my truck will be built in 2024…. But it will be built how I ordered it and will have that damn hitch.

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hitch price gouging will end once aftermarket jumps in. Not providing simple wiring solution like a pigtail is just lazy engineering.
I'm waiting for the aftermarket suppliers to jump it. Way too much for a trailer hitch compared to other aftermarket hitches. I bought my hybrid after the person that ordered it got tired of waiting and bought something else. Sure wish he had ordered the $100 hitch!!!

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting for the aftermarket suppliers to jump it. Way too much for a trailer hitch compared to other aftermarket hitches. I bought my hybrid after the person that ordered it got tired of waiting and bought something else. Sure wish he had ordered the $100 hitch!!!
Both Draw-Tite & Curt have already released aftermarket hitches.

HRG

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hitch price gouging will end once aftermarket jumps in. Not providing simple wiring solution like a pigtail is just lazy engineering.
Shaved off a couple of bucks to help hit the magical $19,995. For an even $20k, they could have done it. But then they couldn’t say, “ under $20,000.”

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No matter what you get ORDER THE HITCH. it can be used for more than towing. Bike Rack, Basket things like that. Never was told this was a constaint.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid