Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know the hitch receiver size? Also, does 4 pin refer to the electrical connection? What connects to it? Please forgive my ignorance. I’m a truck virgin.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont know the size. Judging by pictures and 4k tow rating I will take an educated guess and say 2 inch class 2 or 3. 4 pin the industry standard for all trailers without trailer brakes. Thats single axles and boats and the like. The one with the integrated controller will have a 3/7 pin. I will add a 7 pin to mine after market for the fun of it. or really because I tend to put brakes on all my trailers....

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info! I don’t see myself towing anything. Are there any cool accessories that can connect to the 4 pin?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info! I don’t see myself towing anything. Are there any cool accessories that can connect to the 4 pin?
Oh man yes.....Like a light up receiver hitch....wait until the aftermarket makes the maverick horns for it.....but yes....its also easy power to access for leds under the tailgate and the like.,

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone know the hitch receiver size?
2".

Also, does 4 pin refer to the electrical connection?
Yes.

What connects to it?
Your typical 4-pin flat connector for your trailer lights. Specifically, Left Turn (LT), Right Turn (RT), Tail Lights, and Ground. If you're wondering about "brake" lights, those are just LT and RT turned on steady and simultaneously.

7-pin has two common variations: SAE and RV. More info can be found here:
https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring-7-way.aspx

Please forgive my ignorance. I’m a truck virgin.
We all started somewhere and someone had to tell us!

Are there any cool accessories that can connect to the 4 pin?
Not really. You could get a fourth brake light. On previous vehicles, I tapped into the 4-pin to connect additional clearance lights along the rockers and some 6" oval brake lights on a headache rack.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2".

Yes.

Your typical 4-pin flat connector for your trailer lights. Specifically, Left Turn (LT), Right Turn (RT), Tail Lights, and Ground. If you're wondering about "brake" lights, those are just LT and RT turned on steady and simultaneously.

7-pin has two common variations: SAE and RV. More info can be found here:
https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring-7-way.aspx

We all started somewhere and someone had to tell us!

Not really. You could get a fourth brake light. On previous vehicles, I tapped into the 4-pin to connect additional clearance lights along the rockers and some 6" oval brake lights on a headache rack.
Thanks! Adding some lights might be fun.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man yes.....Like a light up receiver hitch....wait until the aftermarket makes the maverick horns for it.....but yes....its also easy power to access for leds under the tailgate and the like.,
Sweet! My wife is already worried about how much I like a vehicle I’ve never seen. She is in for real trouble when we own it.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sweet! My wife is already worried about how much I like a vehicle I’ve never seen. She is in for real trouble when we own it.
I am already trying to find tailgate maverick inserts to put in it and i am driving it straight to harley to get my license plate covers

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I know I overthink these things, but does it bother anyone else they are putting a class 3 receiver on a class 2 max vehicle (hybrid)?

Saves me the issue of an adapter, but I am just waiting on someone trying to haul 8k with a hybrid.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I overthink these things, but does it bother anyone else they are putting a class 3 receiver on a class 2 max vehicle (hybrid)?

Saves me the issue of an adapter, but I am just waiting on someone trying to haul 8k with a hybrid.
I just watched a “Ridiculousness” with a clip of 2 trucks pulling against each other and one ripped the fucking frame off another. I’d imagine that would happen. Mav doesn’t tow it shows.

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid

As you and I discussed on a prior thread, my hope it that it means it will support a 400lb tongue weight

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
As I mentioned in another thread… I once blew up a 12inch Dana with a 7.4L.

I was pulling a stump at the time but wow was it loud and then grindingly quiet.
Sponsored