Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you guys know that every truck that gets imported has to pay a 25% tax? Every truck Ford makes is essentially 25% more profitable, so to compare it against a Tacoma, it's way overpriced.
Tacomas are built in Mexico, which we have a free trade agreement with, so no -- they don't have to pay that tax.
Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So basically they are forcing everyone to buy more stuff not exactly a price increase.
Did you guys know that every truck that gets imported has to pay a 25% tax? Every truck Ford makes is essentially 25% more profitable, so to compare it against a Tacoma, it's way overpriced.
I believe there is an exception for NAFTA countries hence the Maverick can be made in Mexico and still be so cheap. The taco is made in Mexico as well so no real cost advantage for Ford where it competes with Toyota. But people do love paying the Toyota tax.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tacomas are built in Mexico, which we have a free trade agreement with, so no -- they don't have to pay that tax.
That's why most vehicles are assembled in the US, but the components are imported from overseas. The components face smaller tariffs than entirely built vehicles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So basically they are forcing everyone to buy more stuff not exactly a price increase.
I believe there is an exception for NAFTA countries hence the Maverick can be made in Mexico and still be so cheap. The taco is made in Mexico as well so no real cost advantage for Ford where it competes with Toyota. But people do love paying the Toyota tax.
yea in short.

ejgroth2620

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a bit concerned with Ford marking the Raptor as "very gay"... and yes, I quadruple checked, this is not a hoax and is actually a legit marketing program.

And the Youtube Commenting section... 😅
Very disappointing. Doesn't Ford know who its target audience is? Hint: It's not the Brokeback Mountain genre. Now I'm not sure if my next vehicle will be from Ford.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very disappointing. Doesn't Ford know who its target audience is? Hint: It's not the Brokeback Mountain genre. Now I'm not sure if my next vehicle will be from Ford.
I can imagine the Ford marketing dude cracking open a cold Bud Light, lost in thought testing his gag reflex on the bottle, and just thinking to himself... "you know, is the new Raptor's image gay enough?"

It's either that, or they consulted the kids on Xbox Live chat on how they should market their trucks. :)

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford's market is EVERYONE.

Reactions: bgn

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you really not consider Honda's unibody pickup a competitor to Fords unibody pickup? Just asking... I mean the Santa Cruz is a Tucson with a ved, but it's proportions are like a Subura Outback w/ a bed. Ridgeline is much more trucklike then the Santa Cruz.
IMHO they are direct competitors, the Honda is just more expensive, and a little larger.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm a bit concerned with Ford marking the Raptor as "very gay"... and yes, I quadruple checked, this is not a hoax and is actually a legit marketing program.

And the Youtube Commenting section... 😅
Maybe they consulted these members who suggested rainbow unicorns 🦄 as a thing for Mavericks (like ducks are for jeeps). :unsure: . I voted bulls/cows 🐮, a tribute to the old stylized text.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/jeeps-got-ducks-mavericks-have.32167/post-584244

But in all seriousness, I agree with BuddyS... they are just riding any high tide (what's in the news) in search of sales.

Ford's market is EVERYONE.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3k more at the base model, 34k starting I believe
I believe It comes with more standard equipment . So not just a straight rip off price hike.
Sponsored