First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet Year In and Year Out, buyers prefer the Tacoma to all other offerings on the market. Toyota must be doing something right, and the new Tacoma is just around the corner.

The King remains the King until Dethroned.
Will be interesting as the last ranger was not designed for the NA market. Now with a fresh design we will see if it exceeds expectations. So far not impressed with the leaked photos. Prefer the Ranger or gm twins from the front. Multiple reviewers have mentioned a more comfortable seat in the Ranger over the gm offerings and that has been an issue with the Tacoma. Tacoma will be made in Mexico while Ranger will be made in the USA if that matters to you.
Sponsored

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will be interesting as the last ranger was not designed for the NA market. Now with a fresh design we will see if it exceeds expectations. So far not impressed with the leaked photos. Prefer the Ranger or gm twins from the front. Multiple reviewers have mentioned a more comfortable seat in the Ranger over the gm offerings and that has been an issue with the Tacoma. Tacoma will be made in Mexico while Ranger will be made in the USA if that matters to you.
Canada, US, Mexico, all the same to me (No Chicken Tax). That tax is keeping out some interesting offerings, like the VW Amarok. There are a lot of small trucks (utes?) out in the Big World, but we have 2.5 of them available in North America. I read somewhere that Ford will be producing the Maverick in a new plant in the US in the future. 2nd Location would be a big help in keeping up with Demand. I will be paying VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the Tacoma Hybrid, and if it can hit 75% of the Maverick City numbers, it could be a buy for me, especially if they are offering the Taco in AWD or 4WD. (75% x 42 MPG = 31.5 MPG).

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Canada, US, Mexico, all the same to me (No Chicken Tax). That tax is keeping out some interesting offerings, like the VW Amarok. There are a lot of small trucks (utes?) out in the Big World, but we have 2.5 of them available in North America. I read somewhere that Ford will be producing the Maverick in a new plant in the US in the future. 2nd Location would be a big help in keeping up with Demand. I will be paying VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the Tacoma Hybrid, and if it can hit 75% of the Maverick City numbers, it could be a buy for me, especially if they are offering the Taco in AWD or 4WD. (75% x 42 MPG = 31.5 MPG).
I have my doubts on the hybrid being tuned for efficiency my evidence being the Tundra where they tuned it for performance because that's what everyone thinks when they hear Toyota hybrid 🙄 but we will see. Even if the hybrid efficiency is close enough for you I'm thinking there will be a hefty upcharge that's big enough where you will never see the savings on gas unless you drive alot or plan to keep it 20 years plus dealer ADM. That was the magic of the Maverick hybrid option being standard. No upcharge and awesome fuel economy. This was my first hybrid for that exact reason. I was willing to tryout truck life to get the cheap hybrid and so far loving it. The mpg has lived up to claims and I just got done hauling a bunch of nasty stuff from the garage to the dump over the weekend. Stuff I would have never put in my RX350 and literally put off for a year and a half until the Maverick came 🤣.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had hype for this Ranger but 34k for 2wd killed it . it has better interior but still … if that’s the final price , I’m not going spend that much for interior upgrades . The xlt is one I would want anyways and that’s going be much more it looks like
Sponsored