First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford beats Toyota to the marketing launch . Toyota being leaked should just do it Tuesday . Everyone going be talking the ranger raptors for few good weeks

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford beats Toyota to the marketing launch . Toyota being leaked should just do it Tuesday . Everyone going be talking the ranger raptors for few good weeks
have you been paying any attention at all?

how has ford started the marketing first? Toyota has been posting pictures for over a month. Is there a prerequisite to what is considering start of marketing?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
have you been paying any attention at all?

how has ford started the marketing first? Toyota has been posting pictures for over a month. Is there a prerequisite to what is considering start of marketing?
Pictures of boom box … a rear disc .. ford has straight showed off in plain sight in the US . For one . Secondly they officially have released their product before Toyota . Toyota could easily shown it off at beginning of the month . They didn’t and they got leaked…https://fordauthority-com.cdn.amppr...ptor-Cactus-Gray-NE-Exterior-001-1200x800.jpg

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pictures of boom box … a rear disc .. ford has straight showed off in plain sight in the US . For one . Secondly they official have released their product before Toyota . Toyota could easily shown it off at beginning of the month . They didn’t and they got leaked…
Uhhhh? I want to know if you’re being honest in saying that.

1. they confirmed a manual… which ford does not offer and was a huge point of contention

2. they confirmed rear disc brakes, 3rd gen didn’t have and same as above big point of contention

3. they confirmed a hybrid and hybrid max

4. they confirmed an entirely new trim called a trail hunter.

5. They’ve shown a great deal of the truck already

6. theyve confirmed both cab types and long and short beds

I’m going to assume you just didn’t know the above and you weren’t omitting them for whatever reason?

and are you saying that driving it on streets is what kicks off marketing? Come on man, stop being ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uhhhh? I want to know if you’re being honest in saying that.

1. they confirmed a manual… which ford does not offer and was a huge point of contention

2. they confirmed rear disc brakes, same reason as above

3. they confirmed a hybrid and hybrid max

4. they confirmed an entirely new trim called a trail hunter.

5. They’ve shown a great deal of the truck already

6. theyve confirmed both cab types and long and short beds

I’m going to assume you just didn’t know the above and you weren’t omitting them for whatever reason?

and are you saying that driving it on streets is what kicks off marketing? Come on man, stop being ridiculous.
The ford ranger is debuting on the 10th is not ? The Tacoma is coming on 17th . Literally officially released before Toyota. Even though Toyota has done little cute teasers , ford is coming straight out of the box with their product . Toyota marketing has handled it awfully . Nobody cares about a boom box . Toyota just marketed it poorly. That’s all I’m saying.. At least ford showed the truck off and generated buzz for months and months.
Toyota kept stringing people along and it backfired on them when their reveal was ruined by a leak.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ford ranger is debuting on the 10th is not ? The Tacoma is coming on 17th . Literally officially released before Toyota. Even though Toyota has done little cute teasers , ford is coming straight out of the box with their product . Toyota marketing has handled it awfully . Nobody cares about a boom box . Toyota just marketed it poorly. That’s all I’m saying.. At least ford showed the truck off and generated buzz for months and months.
Toyota kept stringing people along and it backfired on them when their reveal was ruined by a leak.
you said “ford beats Toyota to the marketing launch” which is patently false. Tomorrow is fords first official NA Ranger marketing of ANY kind. Toyotas first mention of tease was march 28th and first official image of the truck April 4th. That’s what I was refuting. I then refuted that all they showed was a boombox and disc brakes when I explained the marketing already started because they’ve shown way more and you know that.

So now you’re “just saying they marketed it poorly” when you just said ford will beat Toyota to the marketing launch. Like what? How can you market anything poorly that you “haven’t begun marketing on”.

I’m sure ill just get a “who cares” response, but no reason to be disingenuous

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you said “ford beats Toyota to the marketing launch” which is patently false. Tomorrow is fords first official NA Ranger marketing of ANY kind. Toyotas first mention of tease was march 28th and first official image of the truck April 4th. That’s what I was refuting. I then refuted that all they showed was a boombox and disc brakes when I explained the marketing already started because they’ve shown way more and you know that.

So now you’re “just saying they marketed it poorly” when you just said ford will beat Toyota to the marketing launch. Like what? How can you market anything poorly that you “haven’t begun marketing on”.

I’m sure ill just get a “who cares” response, but no reason to be disingenuous
Ford has shown off the all thier trucks in many articles before any official release has started. In broad daylight https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/2024-ford-ranger-xlt-in-cactus-gray-real-world-photos/amp/ this article was posted on the 26th .. so ford has been ahead of Toyota in the marketing department . Ford could of kept secret but they didn’t . They could put in cameo like Toyota has the past 3 months but they didn’t . Toyota has and has had their official release leaked beforehand .
Sponsored