Sponsored

Search results

  1. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    Again, you're responding in the most puzzling way. I don't know how to explain to you that a group of people can be described as a large group without still being the majority. Like, if I was explaining this to a fifth grader, I might say "Most people don't own aquariums, but there are plenty...
  2. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    What an odd response. I never said it was everyone or even the majority. My point was that it was a sizable enough market. What you posted didn't address that, and is honestly kind of weird.
  3. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    I disagree. The XL Maverick and the base Fathom are going to cost about the same, and there are plenty of folks who prefer the convenience of electric.
  4. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    Except my 2023 XLT Front Wheel Drive Hybrid does NOT really offer off roading or towing. It offers hauling, which is what I need. To drive a bunch of stuff to other places on regular roads. Sometimes people just need the things they need. It's why they also build other stuff too.
  5. So I guess Maverick owners don't tow,,,,,,,

    I use my truck bed constantly, but I've never towed a damned thing. This entire line of thinking is so silly to me. Of course Ford doesn't think it'll do everything every truck does. That's why they also sell the other trucks that can. The frustrating thing for years was that people who only...
  6. Maverick vs Fathom: What Makes You Switch?

    I mean, if I was buying a new truck today, I'd consider the Fathom for sure. But I've paid off my Maverick and I plan to get at least another seven years out of it. I only need one truck. When the time comes to replace the Maverick, we'll see if the Fathom is still around, and how much better...
  7. Do you go 7,500 - 10,000 miles for an oil change?

    2023 Hybrid. Every 10k miles or one year, whichever comes first. I use the oil recommended in the manual.
  8. My New Mavericks

    I still like the Matchbox version more, but neat!
  9. How the eCVT in the Hybrid works

    Yes, what the water destroying plagiarism machine said is true. 😆 There are, like, links in my signature about stuff I make if you're actually curious. I don't want to derail the thread to talk about me though. 😀
  10. Can the new Reo truck compete with Maverick?

    Yeah, this is truck is bullshit, whether it's a scam or not. Like either some idiots bought the name from Volvo and are vaporwaring a truck that economically makes no sense to build, or some scammer mocked up a site to take people's money. Like if you don't even have a prototype, you shouldn't...
  11. the Telo EV pickup

    I mean, there's an untapped market for smaller trucks, and businesses that work in dense cities where this would be ideal. Like it'll never be a huge thing or as popular as most trucks on the market, but I think there's a chance there's a stable market they could sell to that will make them...
  12. $24,950 SLATE Truck News & Info

    Honestly I think it looks really cool, but being RWD kills it for me. I've driven RWD, FWD and AWD in Wisconsin winters. AWD is ideal, but FWD can handle almost anything if you slow down. RWD is a pain in the ass, especially if that truck bed is empty.
  13. the Telo EV pickup

    It's going to be just about as safe as your Maverick. Because while it looks like you've got all that space in front of you on a Mav, you've also got an engine in there filling it. The Telo has the same amount of crumple zone as most vehicles, it just doesn't look like it because you're used to...
  14. the Telo EV pickup

    I really like the Telo. I hope it makes it to market. If I didn't already own my Maverick I'd consider it.
  15. Members who seem to disappear

    Sometimes people get bored with forums.
  16. Article - Next gen Maverick is very important to Ford

    Google "AI Hallucination." And again, if you won't bother writing it, why should I bother reading it.
  17. Article - Next gen Maverick is very important to Ford

    Agreed. If a person didn't take the time to write their own post, why should I be expected to take the time to read it.
  18. Article - Next gen Maverick is very important to Ford

    Again, I think you're misunderstanding how the technology works.
  19. Article - Next gen Maverick is very important to Ford

    LLMs don't understand anything, they just compile tokenized word parts based on statistically probability -- so if they produce gibberish, it's because they're feeding each other gibberish. It's literally meaningless and there's nothing to "decipher." No communication is happening when AIs...




Top