8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can imagine the Ford marketing dude cracking open a cold Bud Light, lost in thought testing his gag reflex on the bottle, and just thinking to himself... "you know, is the new Raptor's image gay enough?"

It's either that, or they consulted the kids on Xbox Live chat on how they should market their trucks. :)
lol bringing back core memories right there. Shout out to Halo 2 on Xbox live circa 2005. Single handedly prepared me for anything the drill sgts had in their bag.

I think the Ranger is a nice offering but if I was in the midsize market the new Taco is just so good with so many standard features.
Sponsored

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seriously can’t handle the big vertical tablet on the dash - I need to see the work truck steelies xtra cab model.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm a bit concerned with Ford marking the Raptor as "very gay"... and yes, I quadruple checked, this is not a hoax and is actually a legit marketing program.

And the Youtube Commenting section... 😅
I guess this means they won't be able to sell any in Florida. Texas, questionable.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For fun. I priced a 2024 Cactus Grey XL 4WD Crew Cab and added carpet w/ mats, spray-in bedliner, trailer package, and mudflaps. $39k w/ delivery. However, it's very nicely equipped with Sync4, big 8" and 10" displays, remote keylss entry. My only gripe was no sliding rear window. At that price it includes STX goodies too. (fog lights, alloys, LED highlights, tailgat dampner, nicer bucket seats). With it's 2.3L, 10spd, 4wd platform it will consume more fuel,

image_2023-05-25_112115098.png

1685039042869.png

I took it step forward and did a bit of a loaded XLT 4WD (tow/tech pack, High pack, spray-in, flaps).. It also bundles the Sport Package (lots of black/grey exterior stuff) I mean it's absolutely loaded w/ the exception of a sunroof. it's $44k. It's pretty compelling when compared to the Maverick Lariat (you take a Lariat upto $38K to equip it like this.. I'm not even adding a sunroof, fx4, tremor, or black appeareance package, no tire upgrades, no fog lights of course)... So about a $6k difference, of course poorer gas mileage, and a firmer ride. Bear in mind if rumors are true about a significant Maverick Price Hike, this differential could be just $4k to - $5k.

1685040372999.png

1685040432006.png

I guess it all shows that the Maverick is a bargain when you keep it simple... Once you start loading it up. you fall right into a substantially better Ranger XLT at much less money than dealer markups.
Yeah but if you load up what you want on a ranger then you start getting into F150 territory. Ofcourse once you load up a f150 right you may aswell go into a pickup modified F650!

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess this means they won't be able to sell any in Florida. Texas, questionable.
Luckly that Europe ford… doesn’t apply to US does it?😂

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought this would make me feel better. Some how it didn't.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought this would make me feel better. Some how it didn't.
Ford Europe really went that direction.. hilarious and cringey... why did they change???

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
7% percentage rate? A friggen disgrace to those of us who have busted ass for an excellent credit score! Went in at 1.9% on my Maverick!

Reactions: GRB

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
You don't even get ventilated seats on a Lariat for 50k? Also where's the optional 2.7? GM is out on top right now with their offerings and we'll see how the Tacoma compares when the build and price comes out, but right now I would say the Rangers in last place on my list.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah but if you load up what you want on a ranger then you start getting into F150 territory. Ofcourse once you load up a f150 right you may aswell go into a pickup modified F650!
Of course, but the idea was to show by exercising restraint a more capable, but equally equipped Ranger can be had for just a few thousand over an equally equipped Maverick. That was all this poster 'wanted'.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a Texan, I'd rock this thing just to piss off the insecure d-bags around here.
Sponsored