Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm kind of questioning if the XLT is worth it now that the XL has cruise. I'm not a huge fan of the steel wheels but I bet I could live without most of the other stuff.
My main concern is the limited number of XL’s they plan to produce.
Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The admin fee is $275. It also limits the dealer doc fee to $100 which, depending on what limits your state does or doesn't impose, could make for a considerable savings alone.

But generally, yes, with the Maverick invoice margin being fairly trim it isn't a huge amount of savings.
So the dealer isn't allowed to charge more than $275 + $100 if we are doing x-plan pricing? Because I just talked to a dealer on the phone that claimed the admin fee was going to be something like $600. I suppose I should just direct him here when he sends the pricing over?

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

The other thing I was told is that the MSRP could increase/decrease before I get the truck and I'd have to pay whatever the current MSRP is. This seems shady AF to me. Does this (pasted below) imply that when I order the vehicle the price is locked? I'm not sure what the legal definition of "invoiced" is.

• The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition price on the line labeled X-Plan. You should also receive a complete and signed AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on trade, and gifts.
  • The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.
  • The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.

Last edited:

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed the first order at my local dealer. Nourse Ford of Chillicothe, OH is small. They only had 20 orders for MY22, but they all got scheduled and none are rolling over. MSRP with no add-ons and no deposit. Hybrid Lariat Lux CP360 Assist in Area 51.

The salesman I have been working with was off today and didn't respond to my text. So I walked in at 4:30 and another guy placed my order. At least I think so. The system kept crashing on him, but he finally got the order saved. He couldn't get back in to print it for me, but another guy could see the order from his computer. He is going to email a copy of the order once the system is more stable. Regardless I might stop by tomorrow to get a copy of everything.
I am not sure when my order was actually submitted or if it even matters. I didn't get my confirmation email from Ford until this morning, coincidentally just a few minutes after I texted with the salesman about confirming that it went through.

I requested CP360 Assist, but the email only says CP 360. Should it list both? I will be stopping by the dealer today to get a copy of my order, so I can verify and/or make changes then I suppose.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure when my order was actually submitted or if it even matters. I didn't get my confirmation email from Ford until this morning, coincidentally just a few minutes after I texted with the salesman about confirming that it went through.

I requested CP360 Assist, but the email only says CP 360. Should it list both? I will be stopping by the dealer today to get a copy of my order, so I can verify and/or make changes then I suppose.
My email listed the same thing without 360
assist. I suspect it’s further down the list. I don’t think there is enough room to list all of the options. It’s more like a snap shot of your order.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other thing I was told is that the MSRP could increase/decrease before I get the truck and I'd have to pay whatever the current MSRP is. This seems shady AF to me. Does this (pasted below) imply that when I order the vehicle the price is locked? I'm not sure what the legal definition of "invoiced" is.
Ford does price protection at the vehicle price when ordered (or last major change) X-plan or otherwise. If they're explicitly saying they don't do that then find a different dealer. The dealership formally gets invoiced when the vehicle is built, but the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) generated when the order is submitted can be configured to show the X-plan price at ordering. Be sure to get and retain a copy of that in addition to a purchase agreement.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

anyone know if X Plan would save you more than $500?
It would depend what you ordered. If you got an XL with little or no options, then no. If you get a Lariat Lux then yes. I had a Lariat Lux hybrid ordered last year and was saving about $800. You also save if the dealer charges a prep fee because it limits them to $100.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorr
Ford does price protection at the vehicle price when ordered (or last major change) X-plan or otherwise. If they're explicitly saying they don't do that then find a different dealer. The dealership formally gets invoiced when the vehicle is built, but the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) generated when the order is submitted can be configured to show the X-plan price at ordering. Be sure to get and retain a copy of that in addition to a purchase agreement.
I'm still working on finding a dealer who both accepts x-plan and isn't being sketchy. I'll continue to work with this guy a little bit after he sends over some pricing information to see what kind of shenanigans he's pulled. If I can get him to do what he's supposed to do I'll work with him but otherwise I guess I'll just walk.

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are paint colors the same?

Edit: I see at the bottom of the package guide.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question about the cost of different paint colors. Looking at the '22 Mav build and price tool, three paint colors had an up-charge. The two tinted clearcoats (Alto and Hot Pepper Red) were an additional $390, and the tri-coat (Cyber Orange) was an additional $495.

Looking at the pricing guide at in the first post of this thread I only see one color upcharge, the Hot Pepper Red for $495. Does anyone know how much any of the other paint colors cost for the '23MY? Is the assumption that the new (for Mavs) Atlas Blue Metallic paint doesn't have an upcharge because it doesn't have any additional coats (or at least isn't described as having additional coats).

I'll probably find out for sure when I meet with my dealer tomorrow morning, but I'd rather walk into my meeting with the dealer knowing as much as I can beforehand.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm, does "purchase" mean putting in an order? Or does it actually mean financing it and driving it off the lot? Basically, can this apply to Mavs already ordered, but not in production yet? Mine will be delivered by January...
you get your discounts implemented at time of sale so should be good.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at the pricing guide at in the first post of this thread I only see one color upcharge, the Hot Pepper Red for $495. Does anyone know how much any of the other paint colors cost for the '23MY? Is the assumption that the new (for Mavs) Atlas Blue Metallic paint doesn't have an upcharge because it doesn't have any additional coats (or at least isn't described as having additional coats).
In the Package Guide and Order Guide Alto Blue and Cyber Orange are denoted as being extra cost alongside HPR so presumably they're $495 as well.

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my build significantly cheaper with the private offer figured. LUX package about $770 less, but the standalones on the DIBL, remote start, locking rails, tie downs = $770.

Private offer $1750 on EB more than compensates for price increase.
Yes but we will pay more with the higher financing rates because we lost the rate protection.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My email listed the same thing without 360
assist. I suspect it’s further down the list. I don’t think there is enough room to list all of the options. It’s more like a snap shot of your order.
(Does not show all optional and included packages/‍features)
That's just below your options in the email

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hmmm, page 18 seems to indicate that you can get the Tremor in other colors (not all of them, minus the special colors) but that you can only get Avalanche Grey with a Tremor. The Tremor appearance package may require the Avalanche Grey because its colors go with the Avalanche Grey. @fordvideoguy, any special notes available for the Tremor?

I tried to order a Tremor today but the system wouldnt allow it or maybe it didn't offer it because of the color selected. I watched the dealer enter the info into the order system.
It's showing the Tremor body code today but won't let you submit it yet.
Sponsored