2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This was posted on Facebook by one of the dealers and is from Ford's website. Looks like official 2023 Maverick specifications. If this is true, here are some notes from it.

• No AWD hybrid for 2023
  • No increase in HP for Hybrid or Eco
  • No increase in display screen size
  • No Sync 4
  • Under wheels it shows an optional 18" black rim and says (with Black Appearance package)
Looks like we might get a Black Appearance unless it is referring to the Tremor package.
Sponsored

Attachments

DJLG210

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford posted all this information earlier this week with the Tremor press release. All 2023 Mavs Tech Specs info sheet at bottom of the page and yes it does mention a Black Appearance Package as an option. Ford Media Center: New 2023 Maverick Tremor

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if we can add the black appearance package to the XL Hybrid, would be intriguing.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford posted all this information earlier this week with the Tremor press release. All 2023 Mavs Tech Specs info sheet at bottom of the page and yes it does mention a Black Appearance Package as an option. Ford Media Center: New 2023 Maverick Tremor
It looks like it clears up a lot of the questions regarding possible 23 options. I know a lot of people were hoping for a bigger screen, or more importantly an AWD hybrid but looks like none of that is going to happen this year.

wardamntexas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I want for 23 is a split backseat and eruption green lol, Ford you've let me down for 7 and a half months so far but you can still turn it around

Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if we can add the black appearance package to the XL Hybrid, would be intriguing.
On the Ranger, you need at least an XLT so it will probably be the same way but who knows.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
All I want for 23 is a split backseat and eruption green lol, Ford you've let me down for 7 and a half months so far but you can still turn it around
Looks like you'll be let down another MY.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Some interesting numbers there. The added weight of the Tremor doesnt balance out with the payload reduction, so Im guessing its spring related. Thats good because adding overload air bags will make it about the same as a FX4. The next biggest thing is looking into cooling upgrades for the Tremor to get back to the 4k tow ability since it already has some of the equipment. I am curious about the final drive ratio not being specified for the Tremor. Since it is 3.81 in the Badlands diff, I would think it more work to change the rear diff to 3.63 instead of changing the transmission to 3.81?

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It says "Available SYNC3". Does not specifially specify Larait LUX. Is there hope for SYNC3 in at least the XLT or am I grasping at straws here? LOL.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the doodad bin next to the infotainment screen isn't a permanent fixture for the entire model run. Probably the XLT Lux and Lariat get a larger screen in 2024 or 2025.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It says "Available SYNC3". Does not specifially specify Larait LUX. Is there hope for SYNC3 in at least the XLT or am I grasping at straws here? LOL.
There's always hope

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not too up to speed on the Ford infotainment system(s) of late, what's the benefit to sync 3 vs the standard system?

My last Ford was an 09 F150 with nothing but a small text display and about 100 various physical buttons 😅.
Sponsored