First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My friend for almost 50 years (I am 58) ordered my truck two weeks before the cut off. He told me the hybrid is the biggest hold up. My hybrid order XLT with lux package is a total crap shoot.
I ordered my hybrid , lariar, Lux, 360, etc ordered 11/1, hoping I get b4 the snow flies. Lol
Sponsored

Dragonbait

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Nissan 850
I ordered my hybrid , lariar, Lux, 360, etc ordered 11/1, hoping I get b4 the snow flies. Lol
I ordered Nov 1st as well. Lariat with those options, but eco boost for the awd. Now just need to get it before the snow flies.

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Tough:
You want to know if you'll be scheduled? Tough.
You want to know if it'll be a MY22 or 23? Tough.
You don't like it? Tough.
As far as mottos go, Ford nailed it! Well done, Ford!
Oh man, I'm stealing this! Every time a Ford exec tweets something I'm immediately responding with this haha.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man, I'm stealing this! Every time a Ford exec tweets something I'm immediately responding with this haha.
Methinks there's a meme in this 😂 🤣

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For whatever it's worth, my January order -- EB XLT LUX 4K FX4 -- remains unscheduled as of today, per Ford chat.

Not worth much, I suppose, and not a surprise...:(

TNBubba

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT LUX CO360 velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been a code 2 since December for a hybrid, XLT, lux, co360 ordered in July and awaiting a build date. Keeping watch while I ask Wife if I can borrow her car again.
Checked in on CHAT today and have a w/b 7/4 build confirmation! Let the fun and games begin.
UPDATED 05/22/22 Now CHAT declares build week of 7/25.

Last edited:

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As somebody waiting since 3 Sep with no eta yet, I empathize with all the suffering. But I'm interested in the bigger industry picture. US OEMs are all interested in moving away from the old (expensive) sales model to the new (inexpensive) one.

The old US model was that OEMs would dump tons of inventory on dealer lots. Expensive because all that inventory has to be financed. Inefficient because somebody is guessing which builds will sell. This leads to sales lemons and bulging inventory. Which leads to discounts by the OEM and the dealer - and less profit on more cars sold (an oxymoron) for everyone.

The new US model is that OEMs stock dealers with minimal inventory beyond a few mannequins that can be test driven. The customer orders exactly what they want, and the process is theoretically hugely efficient and profitable for OEMs and dealers both (and of course, customers get exactly the options they want). This, by the way, has been the dominant European model for decades.

So assuming supply chains can return to normal, I fear the days of browsing filled dealer lots on Sunday afternoons is gone forever. Huge rebates and discounts are gone forever. I think the US OEMs and dealers have had a taste of the European system, are enjoying record profits on lower volume, and won't ever go back. It will be really interesting to see if we go back to the old ways or not.
Well the old model was NOT expensive for the buyers. I bought at least 12 New Vehicles off of dealer lots for THOUSANDS LESS than MSRP... New model now shows THOUSANDS OVER MSRP... It is clearly more expensive NOW to buy a car. Saturn was a vehicle sold at MSRP..... Saturn failed.... FORD had to drop sedans because they make gas guzzlers and want to continue making gas guzzlers and need the "Electric" vehicles to comply with new regulations that average MPG of all your vehicles. It is said when gas is cheap, your don't need electric vehicles... but when the government makes gas too expensive, you're pushed into Electric... sheeple don't know how electricity is made... Its not from electricity.. its made using Fossil Fuels.

SEA_Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh my gosh I just got a VIN via the Ford Chat this morning. 10/1 xl hybrid order. Showing as production week so far of 6/27. I really though I’d have to wait until fall.

I hope everyone else gets scheduled too.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Well the old model was NOT expensive for the buyers. I bought at least 12 New Vehicles off of dealer lots for THOUSANDS LESS than MSRP... New model now shows THOUSANDS OVER MSRP... It is clearly more expensive NOW to buy a car. Saturn was a vehicle sold at MSRP..... Saturn failed.... FORD had to drop sedans because they make gas guzzlers and want to continue making gas guzzlers and need the "Electric" vehicles to comply with new regulations that average MPG of all your vehicles. It is said when gas is cheap, your don't need electric vehicles... but when the government makes gas too expensive, you're pushed into Electric... sheeple don't know how electricity is made... Its not from electricity.. its made using Fossil Fuels.
Most people also don’t understand how long driving a hybrid or ev takes to offset the production of those vehicles.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh my gosh I just got a VIN via the Ford Chat this morning. 10/1 xl hybrid order. Showing as production week so far of 6/27. I really though I’d have to wait until fall.

I hope everyone else gets scheduled too.
Just called. I had a build day of 5/17, when I called last week. Now a build week of 5/23; not even a day. I had build week of 5/16 hold good for a few weeks. Things are still too fluid with the chips, so be sure to keep checking each week.

MrJO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Should I get excited? My dealer just called me and said that I have a build date of June 20 and hopefully a delivery date in late July early August. Should I get exited??

XLT, Hybrid, Tow hitch was my only add on (removed spray-in in January).

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should I get excited? My dealer just called me and said that I have a build date of June 20 and hopefully a delivery date in late July early August. Should I get exited??

XLT, Hybrid, Tow hitch was my only add on (removed spray-in in January).
Why wouldn’t you ?
Sponsored