First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered Dec 15th, 2021. Called Ford Customer Service line in Mid Jan 2022 to verify they had my order in the system. Confirmed it was there- and status was "order processing"- which I had never heard of before. I made the same call mid-Feb and mid-March and status still the same. Now I see an explanation in your posted email I never had before: Order Processing stage means in the queue to be scheduled for production. Thanks for posting that as it seems another little bit of positive progress on my order (y)
Seems everybody not yet scheduled is in the line to be scheduled. The problem is that your place in line to be scheduled does not necessarily correlate with when you will be scheduled. Why, no one knows for sure. Constraints, allocations, ............???
Sponsored

Dirtball

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus Hatch SE;2017 Buick Encore Essence
How did you order feb 5th? The order banks were shut off on Jan 27th. I got my order in on the 25th, 2 days prior.
I believe Johnny from Johnnys car care and reviews said Ford Canada had a later cutoff date.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems everybody not yet scheduled is in the line to be scheduled. The problem is that your place in line to be scheduled does not necessarily correlate with when you will be scheduled. Why, no one knows for sure. Constraints, allocations, ............???
I hear you, but for me I never heard of that status before and had no proof my dealer completed ROVP/COVP by that Feb 5 cut off date. I bought from them before and had to trust them. I did know they had received a few orders for Mavericks and I even got to test drive the 1st 1 delivered. They've had couple more delivered since then and their VVR shows 2 orders ahead of me as of last week. This is a smallish rural dealer and they kept insisting allocations would not be an issue- so far they are right. The timeline for them has been about 2 months to arrive after showing on visibility report and selection for production. I wasn't worried about getting it and have a long timeline for wanting to receive it as I'm still working to get my old house on the market and sold since I am using windfall proceeds from the sale to pay for the Maverick. That mass E-mail just lit a fire under my butt to hurry and finish the house and I have a better idea of how much time I have left now. (y)

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, another Olathe Ford customer! I received the same email. Mine's a hybrid XLT Lux w/360, ordered one day before yours.

I think it's a "Hey, just letting you know we haven't forgotten about you" message.

After 6 months of no communication from anyone (Ford...obviously, and my dealer) I got this exciting email today from my dealership! I was ecstatic, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't understand what it meant. 🤨 Will I be scheduled this week? Hasn't my order always been in order processing!? Maybe it's just getting my hopes up to ease frustration. I ordered Sept. 18, hybrid, lariat lux w/360. Anyone had this type of notification from their dealer and how long after did you get scheduled?? 🤞

Screenshot_20220319-233114.jpg

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my Aug 26 order confirmed for 5/2 schedule.

(build is in my signature) - but I did drop the tonneau, but that has re-appeared now on the tracking page. It was a hard tri fold.

Dealer Info:
Ford Maverick ⏱ Maverick Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Production Build Weeks 5/2 and 5/9 1647891826428

Ford Maverick ⏱ Maverick Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Production Build Weeks 5/2 and 5/9 1647891844010

Ford Maverick ⏱ Maverick Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Production Build Weeks 5/2 and 5/9 1647891851426

(I am Canadian, we do not get emails, and this is from fords internal system provided by my dealer, hence why I found out early) - It also doesn't show on the tracking page either, just "order confirmed".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Hey, another Olathe Ford customer! I received the same email. Mine's a hybrid XLT Lux w/360, ordered one day before yours.

I think it's a "Hey, just letting you know we haven't forgotten about you" message.
Nice! But kind of a bummer you got the same generic email... I emailed them back to see if they had any more information on allocations and priorities... Now I'm at crickets again with them. Has that been your experience?

KungFuGrip

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! But kind of a bummer you got the same generic email... I emailed them back to see if they had any more information on allocations and priorities... Now I'm at crickets again with them. Has that been your experience?
I tried that about a month ago, same result. I've only seen a couple of Mavericks on the road around here, so I have to wonder if any KC-area orders are getting built.

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think the earthquake will have an affect for a month or so. What gets upset are the semiconductor fabs. There is a couple weeks of work imaging and diffusing different layers on the wafers. Like a soufflé not cooked right, if one step is goofed up (i.e. power lost) you have to start the whole process over. These fabs make wafers, which must be assembled into packages (1-2 weeks) and tested (1-2 weeks) then shipped. The tier 1 supplier receives the assembled ICs and builds their module, and tests it, then ships to Hermosilla. So anywhere from 2 to 4 months down the line will we see an impact.
How difficult would it be to just supply my own board? I've got blank boards and chipsets that can probably outperform a standard ECM. I could use my truck about now. If they're big into DIY, why not show us a DIY, open-source board for the system? Just a wild idea.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week the Ecoboosts with Lariat trims and Luxury packages ruled. Who thinks this is hybrid week, FE week, small dealership week or XL week?

I'm still feeling for June orders and want to believe Ford is doing everything they can to move them and FE's to priority 1.

The Speaker Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51 Lariat Lux CP360 SIBL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How difficult would it be to just supply my own board? I've got blank boards and chipsets that can probably outperform a standard ECM. I could use my truck about now. If they're big into DIY, why not show us a DIY, open-source board for the system? Just a wild idea.
While many of these modules do not fall under "rocket science" they can contain many ICs, connectors, and passive components, all of which are hard to get. And they use SW with diagnostics. Some are ASIL safety rated. And all have SW many people spent months to write and test.

I see an ECU schematic for 240SX at this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCMCMiOTK2_YCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
and it is old, and still complicated, just as an example.

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
While many of these modules do not fall under "rocket science" they can contain many ICs, connectors, and passive components, all of which are hard to get. And they use SW with diagnostics. Some are ASIL safety rated. And all have SW many people spent months to write and test.

I see an ECU schematic for 240SX at this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/240sx-s13-ka24de-ecu-pinout-and-wire-locations.html&psig=AOvVaw29AzQg3-D7sTotqFdvgSP4&ust=1648102594619000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCMCMiOTK2_YCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
and it is old, and still complicated, just as an example.
I had several Z cars through 300ZX and really liked the tech at the time

30 years later CANBUSS and adaptive AI, with redundant backup paths on critical electronic sub systems such as steering, throttle, brakes. These things actually learn and store information in non volatile memory.

On all my Ford trucks since 2001 through my 2005 F350 King Ranch my only issue was location of the GEM, any water in it and side of the road time waiting a tow

These days I won't have a car truck with out cameras, Adaptive Cruise control or BLIS

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ford escape 2006 jeep liberty ford Mavrick XL
Please Ford if you see this pick me.
Sponsored