jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not casting aspersions on your math, but there's got to be something besides production numbers at work here. FORD has scheduled out January and part of February, and was supposed to give priority to the rolled orders. My order is one of the ~6,900 that had a VIN# and a production date. It's been sitting at priority 2 since FORD put it there at the end of November. No new info, and 'Unscheduled - Clean' through two rounds of scheduling. No constraint items other than the hybrid powertrain. And if you believe the posts on this forum, there are brand new MY23 orders for hybrids being scheduled and built. I'm beginning to think that there is a dark room somewhere at FORD HQ where a snot-nosed kid is rolling a pair of dice to see who's truck gets built.
There is definitely something at work that we don't understand here. Whether its a random number generator or various lack of parts from suppliers, something strange is dictating who and what gets built.

Then again, without knowing exactly how many allocations your particular dealer has when scheduling happens, its hard to say that isn't the constraint.
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've asked my dealer about allocations. Their answer was 'FORD wouldn't have put your order at priority 2 if we didn't have an allocation for it.' - honestly, I didn't believe that when they told me, and @fordvideoguy confirmed that the statement was not necessarily true. Dealer is smallish, but has four locations in north central Ohio. I suspect that both regional and dealer allocations are a significant influencer on which orders get built. And I did get them to admit that they have one additional Maverick hybrid order that is about two weeks older than mine. They did not say that it had been scheduled for production either.

EDIT: I swear I remember reading on this forum that FORD was supposed to add an allocation back to the dealer for the cancelled with VIN # orders. So maybe the regional allocations are the main factor at this point.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ya'll know the "close button" button does nothing in the elevator unless you have the firefighter key in the slot and the elevator is in "manual" mode, right?
Well how many people push that button when in a hurry?

Crosswalk buttons: in major cities with busy intersections the crosswalk buttons do nothing. All the lights are on pre-programmed timers. Yet there are crosswalk buttons. Why? People expect there to be buttons. Without buttons many people would get impatient and walk against the light. The buttons in both cases allow us humans to feel we have some form of control when in reality we have no control.

Priority code is another one of these illusions. It makes us feel good and it gives us more patience when we have a lower "priority code".

Maybe "priority code" would mean something and do something IF all things were equal. They're clearly not.

Clearly trucks will be built in any order, at any time, based on what makes sense for the assembly line, not what makes sense to you and me.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clearly trucks will be built in any order, at any time, based on what makes sense for the assembly line, not what makes sense to you and me.
Probably the closest thing to the real truth.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Let's hope that Ford and the rest of the industry learn from situations like we're experiencing here, and finally let market demand dictate product offering and production planning. Maybe Ford will finally attempt to really increase production of the hybrid. For too long, the big auto manufacturers have been creating the market for their products through marketing. It will be interesting to see what this new Ranchero product will do to Maverick demand if it comes to market in MY24.

Sponsored

fordtoughwait

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya'll know the "close button" button does nothing in the elevator unless you have the firefighter key in the slot and the elevator is in "manual" mode, right?
Well how many people push that button when in a hurry?
I called my dealer and he assured me that they have the firefighter key, so I'm feeling good...

LarryN3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Over half the people who ordered a hybrid won't be getting it. If the percentage holds true for 2024, if Ford rolls those unbuilt hybrids to 2024, they will take up the entire hybrid production for the year.
from my best guess biased on the poll of if you would switch to the EB motor I would guess its about a 65% chance you will get a Hybrid (if you ordered one) not great odds but I'd rather wait and get what I want

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated constraint list as of today.

FB_IMG_1671504872201.jpg
The thing I am trying to figure out is the available capacity out of all Mavericks built or for lux packages out of that particular trim series built. Must be trim level related since if you total the packages it's 63% of all orders get hitches. So depending on how they do the math, standalone hitches are only 3% of all orders.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The thing I am trying to figure out is the available capacity out of all Mavericks built or for lux packages out of that particular trim series built. Must be trim level related since if you total the packages it's 63% of all orders get hitches. So depending on how they do the math, standalone hitches are only 3% of all orders.
Someone did the math and said that basically when you add up all the packages that get a hitch plus the standalone hitches, pretty much every truck can get a hitch. Ford is basically requiring a certain percentage of those hitches to be included in packages.

So, it isn't Ford doesn't have enough hitches. Ford doesn't have enough hitches they planned to sell as just the hitch.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm rather disappointed that there's no "Tommy was here" on the copy I got from WBDO!
Does your version have the 4K or Fx4? Those seem to be missing every time these lists go out. Granted, EBs don't appear to be an issue, but it would be interesting to see those numbers.

Sponsored

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess Ford is out of the Hybrid business completely, if they can't get the parts for a maverick, then they must not be able to get the parts for any of the other models with Hybrid drive trains. (He said sarcastically)

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I swapped a priority 19 Hybrid Lariat lux for a priority 10 EB AWD lariat lux. I really hope this helps my odds significantly! I have an old beater that is living on borrowed time. Fingers crossed I hear somewhere within the next 3months.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would not mind switching drive trains if the Ecoboost could be flat towed behind an RV. I ordered the hybrid for that use case. So I'm in for the long haul. Lariat hybrid lux with moonroof, cargo mgmt,360+ and spray in bedliner. Removed the mud flaps and had dealer apply the discount package.

ForeverWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is definitely something at work that we don't understand here. Whether its a random number generator or various lack of parts from suppliers, something strange is dictating who and what gets built.

Then again, without knowing exactly how many allocations your particular dealer has when scheduling happens, its hard to say that isn't the constraint.
Agreed...I am a 10/9/2021 cancelled hybrid. I am still sitting at priority 2 with no VIN or production date. My dealer said he had the allocations for January as they only had 7 Mavericks selected for scheduling but had a number of allocations left. I am at priority 2 and according to Ford the only thing on my order that is a "constraint" is the hybrid engine. But it makes no sense to me that Ford is scheduling orders that are less than 4 months old that have my exact same hybrid build before mine after I've waited nearly 15 months. To me it appears allocations, priority, and constraints are all irrelevant and it's just random. I am starting to think my cancelled order has absolutely no priority over new orders at this point.

rudedog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT, 2013 Toyota Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called my dealer yesterday to add the SIBL with cargo mgmt. He had no idea that one could do that. Thankful for this forum since I know more than my dealer regarding Maverick orders. I wonder what the take rate is on the SIBL pkg... Also, what the impact will be to my build date which was 1/23/23.
Sponsored