Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Updated constraint list as of today.

Ford Maverick Current Maverick Constraint List as of 12/19/22 FB_IMG_1671504872201
Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel terrible for the people who are set on getting a hybrid this year. Looks like there's going to be a lot of disappointed customers. Im glad I decided to go Ecoboost. I wonder if it will even get better next year.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well at least the rush to add the SIBL hasn’t had a huge impact….yet.

Looks like about 2% change due to hybrid orders changing to EB, but still less that 50/50 odds for hybrid orders. It also suggests that if they stick to the build plan there will be tens of thousands of surplus EB units on dealer lots. That will significantly change the buying dynamic…

Last edited:

bing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Toyota Venza, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added the SIBL today. Sales manager said I was the first to do so. Fairly large dealership too.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just saw this in Facebook. Interesting if the numbers are actually current as of today. Means not too many people bought into either the EB switch or the SIBL deal.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Over half the people who ordered a hybrid won't be getting it. If the percentage holds true for 2024, if Ford rolls those unbuilt hybrids to 2024, they will take up the entire hybrid production for the year.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting observation on the hitch situation. The build plan actually implies 100% of Mavericks could be built with hitches based on the commodity plan:
- 30% XLT Lux, which includes a hitch
- 25% Lariat Lux, which includes a hitch
- 45% Stand-alone hitch

The problem is too many standalone hitch orders. So if you want the standalone hitch, add the Lux package. I know it sounds illogical since clearly there are enough hitch parts for 100% of builds, but we’re talking Ford market planning here.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad I ditched the hybrid, but this list has me hyped that I’ll be scheduled much earlier than an XL Hybrid hitch :)

Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if there are any known statistics on the FX4 and 4KTow packages? I added FX4 to my order on Friday. Overall my only concern at this time is that I ordered through a smaller dealer with low allocations. These statistics tell me my truck will get built….eventually.

JoeJoe311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster N, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well at least the rush to add the SIBL hasn’t had a huge impact….yet.

Looks like about 2% change due to hybrid orders changing to EB, but still less that 50/50 odds for hybrid orders. It also suggests that if they stick to the build plan there will be tens of thousands of surplus EB units on dealer lots. That will significantly change the buying dynamic…
Those percentages don't even give you an accurate depiction of your chances. For example if Ford planned to make 100 trucks, with 35% being hybrid, that's 35 trucks. We know orders went over, so say 200 trucks were ordered, 72% being hybrid, that's 144 trucks. 35/144 would equal a 24% chance of getting a hybrid. That's the problem with percentages and statistics, they can be used to deceive.

Last edited:

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad I ditched the hybrid, but this list has me hyped that I’ll be scheduled much earlier than an XL Hybrid hitch :)
I switched at rollover from Hybrid XL, copilot and hitch to EB XL with same options, now I'm scheduled.

I figured this hybrid constraint would stay into 23. I mainly picked hybrid last year because it was the lowest price model. When it became the same price for 23, I had no issue switching.

Last edited:

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Over half the people who ordered a hybrid won't be getting it. If the percentage holds true for 2024, if Ford rolls those unbuilt hybrids to 2024, they will take up the entire hybrid production for the year.
You can say that three times!

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated constraint list as of today.

FB_IMG_1671504872201.jpg
That trailer tow hitch has me worried. My order has FX4 and 4K. I wonder if they count each "need" separately as opposed to by vehicle. My truck would use up 2 of the hitches in that case and the overall capacity shortage won't be as severe.

And yes, I live in laa-laa land...
Sponsored