First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150...hopefully soon a 23 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad I ditched the hybrid, but this list has me hyped that I’ll be scheduled much earlier than an XL Hybrid hitch :)
Well, I just got the email and my XL Hybrid + hitch was just built! (October 2021 order, rolled over to '23 model)
Sponsored

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I just got the email and my XL Hybrid + hitch was just built! (October 2021 order, rolled over to '23 model)
congrats on finally getting built!! Hopefully it gets to you quickly!

Im bearsfan647 sure ordered September. I believe him and I are on the boat. We dont want to wait over a year for the truck. 40MPG sounds great but getting the truck in by june sounds even better!

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just looking back at this and the early planning where Ford is planning to build 26% of Lariats, does this mean Lariats without Lux will be very rare? If Ford is building 25% with Lariat Lux and 26% Lariats, that would mean <4% of Lariats won't have Lux? We're going to see a lot of Lariat Lux EB hitting dealerships later this year.

I remember seeing that early on and assuming it meant Ford was building 25% of Lariats with Lux given how constrained it was in 2022, but with how they publish now we seem to know that 25% Lariat Lux is across all Mavericks and not just the subset that could potentially have it.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just looking back at this and the early planning where Ford is planning to build 26% of Lariats, does this mean Lariats without Lux will be very rare? If Ford is building 25% with Lariat Lux and 26% Lariats, that would mean <4% of Lariats won't have Lux? We're going to see a lot of Lariat Lux EB hitting dealerships later this year.

I remember seeing that early on and assuming it meant Ford was building 25% of Lariats with Lux given how constrained it was in 2022, but with how they publish now we seem to know that 25% Lariat Lux is across all Mavericks and not just the subset that could potentially have it.
Math checks out. Given I have an EB Lariat Lux on order, hope that works out for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry, newish to the forum. Just wondering where this info comes from?
This came from a reputable Ford dealer. They make it available on Facebook and on here. It comes from corporate

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 tremor lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m am convinced that the numbers are for lariats and xlt lux packages are the percentages for those trims I mean 50% lux package vehicles total doesn’t seem to add up. I mean there saying 45% of vehicle have luxury now and the numbers said they have 25% xls which is too much which means only 30% of lariats and xlt don’t have lux at this moment? So so they have 35000 lux packages vehicles? On a truck people value for being cheap? I don’t understand how these percentages come up and out. But I could be wrong and am open to admit it

Last edited:

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m am convinced that the numbers are for lariats and xlt lux packages are the percentages for those trims I mean 50% lux package vehicles total doesn’t seem to add up. I mean there saying 45% of vehicle have luxury now and the numbers said they have 25% xls which is too much which means only 30% of lariats and xlt don’t have lux at this moment? So so they have 35000 lux packages vehicles? On a truck people value for being cheap? I don’t understand how these percentages come up and out. But I could be wrong and am open to admit it

I could be wrong but I think it is 30% of XLTs will be build with luxury so 70% won’t. It would be easier if they said the % with standalone hitch.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank God I got my EB 4k as a 22. This looks like a shit show on Fords part. Tech tip, drop SIBL and have it sprayed in locally.

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back of the napkin math, so feel free to take it for what it is worth:

November 1, Ford announces 77,800 outstanding orders with 65% being hybrid and 35% being EB. Since then, they have rolled over roughly 6,900 cancelled VINs and done scheduling for December and January. So, for the sake of this discussion, let's assume they filled up January (we will also ignore allocations for the sake of math).

Assuming Ford has a production of just 7,000 per month (based generously on the 6,614 they made in November) and based on the percentages provided above, Ford is actually going backwards with hybrid due to the cancelled VINs while they already have a quarter of the EB orders scheduled.

Math:
77,800 (known value on November 1)
+ 6,900 (estimated Cancelled VINs)
- 14,000 (estimated scheduled for Dec & January based on November production data)

=70,700 estimate remaining orders to be scheduled starting Feb 1... again assuming Ford is done with January.

At a production of 7,000 per month, Ford can build 4,550 EBs and only 2,450 Hybrids. That means that based on a production of just 7,000 per month, the last EB order will be scheduled for June 2023 while Ford has enough Hybrids to last them until they start the 2025 model year.

Here is hoping they can ramp up.

Edit: corrected the dates
1671555014376.png
According to these stats, and the worst scenario-if I were the last one to have my Maverick hybrid built/delivered, it could not arrive until early 2025? At my age now, I don't think I will be still alive by then!!

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So my hybrid XL order canceled vin moved to 2023 order priority 2 still has no build date. However my son's hybrid xlt lux with moonroof, hitch, drop in bed-liner etc... order rollover to 2023 in September... all the bells and whistles has a build date of Jan 3rd. We both ordered October/November of 2021.
I had to drop the moonroof off my XL for 23, so I added 360, 400watt inverter, drop in bed-liner.
Maybe due to the low production # for XL trim in MY23 (15%), strictly a guess

Ford Maverick Current Maverick Constraint List as of 12/19/22 B6238F09-690B-45D2-9C62-4310E2DCDF7A

Newfrontporch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Is the XL still oversubscribed? No mention of that here. I dropped the hybrid and added Co- Pilot 360, but kept the XL trim. My salesman-who seems to be on the ball-was ok with that.

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s my theory that the 65/35 EB/HY build ratio, at this point, has almost nothing to do with constraints or capacity. When the Maverick was being planned, an accountant in the finance office arrived at this formula to hit their profit targets. The EB is a higher profit vehicle. At the time it was being planned, gas was cheap. Ford thought truck people wanted gas engines with real horse power and truck capability. The Hybrid was almost a novelty, introduced as a loss leader and a marketing ploy to garner headlines.

Fast forward a year and gas is now $5 a gallon. The hybrid has proven to be quite truck capable and orders for it went well past ‘the plan’. It didn’t hurt that it was initially $1,000 less. And even though the price of gas has receded, the sting of high gas prices remains.

The hybrid in the Maverick is not terribly different from the configuration in the Escape. This is a system that has been used for over a decade now, so it’s not like Ford is stumbling with a brand new hybrid arrangement. There are some new pieces, like the hybrid battery; and that could be the issue, but I don’t think so.

The 65/35 ratio was published before the order banks opened for the 2023’s. What if they had only received 40,000 total orders? The formula would limit Ford to building 14,000 hybrids. If the 40k orders reflected the actual hybrid orders received in September, that is almost the reverse of ‘the plan’, 65%, would Ford build 26,000 hybrids, or would we all still be waiting because ‘something’ is constrained? Because the product manager has to meet his profit target.

Take a look at this theory in context of the XL build ratio of 15%. Is something constrained there? No, but the XL is not as profitable as the XLT or Lariat, so preference is given to those trim levels. So, even if XL’s were 65% of the orders, you’d still only get a 15% build rate.

Constraints; I don’t think so. Profit, yes.
I like your analysis. Follow the money and you will find the answer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 GMC Acadia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've always noticed true 4x4 trucks will drive stiffer. As I've joked, the Maverick is an Escape with a truck bed, so I would expect it to drive more like an SUV than a truck. Ranger is getting an overhaul for MY24. It'll be interesting if Ford can remove some of the stiffness. But at the same time, it'll be an amusing offering as I suspect the MY24 Ranger will be the same size as my father's 1994 F-150.

Trucks just keep getting bigger.
I had a 2008 Escape XLT AWD that I absolutely loved. When I test drove the demo Maverick Lariat AWD at my dealership I thought they handled very similarly.

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've about come to the conclusion that I'm not getting a Maverick so the only constraint that matters is the cut off date for MY23 production.
I know the feeling but will remain optimistic, my main reason for buying the Maverick is to go hybrid, I could have gotten an AWD XLT last year. I flipped a coin and it went my way so maybe I will be one of the lucky ones.
Sponsored