TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford a little over a week ago (a second time) just to check to make sure my order was still OK. She said it was in and all looked good, verified my information and said there were no dates.
I decided to call my dealer today (first time) to ask about the order status and questioned priority codes. My sales person was going to check and call me back. She called me back within 5 minuets and told me it had a build date week of 12/05 and could see it by the end of the month. (surprised)
I ordered it on 9/17 XLT, Lux, AWD, Eco-boost. We will see what happens.

I have received no emails from Ford.
Do you have a MY22 or MY23 scheduled for 12/05?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why are "the aftermarket ones not as good"?
the after market Curt hitch looks good at $250 plus installation plus wiring. kind of expensive compared to the bargain basement $100 Ford option price.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go ahead and laugh at us short timers. When I missed the order window for MY22, I didn’t know or follow the Mav debacle. When the dealer called and said MY23 ordering was open, I ordered assuming that it was just a demand exceeding supply situation. Only when I came here did learn of the SNAFU that Ford had created. It’s not so much the waiting as the complete lack of intelligence or accountability accompanying the wait.

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are "the aftermarket ones not as good"?
The factory installed ones are welded in and perfectly line up throught the rear bumper. The aftermarket ones bolt on and hang below the bumper.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really?

Curt
9141CBAF-B91B-44CF-AD02-A4C37557162C.jpeg
WOW! Thanks for the information and photos. I was told that they hung below the Bumper. If it will speed my order along I will then remove it from my order. Thanks again.

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW! Thanks for the information and photos. I was told that they hung below the Bumper. If it will speed my order along I will then remove it from my order. Thanks again.
Is the hitch truly a constraint for those of us who have had our 2022 orders canceled and are now close to the front of the line for 2023? Unless Ford is completely out of hitches won't we get ours?
I have the hitch, SIBL and Co-pilot on order so I guess I will find out as I get close to my 16 JAN production week.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the hitch truly a constraint for those of us who have had our 2022 orders canceled and are now close to the front of the line for 2023? Unless Ford is completely out of hitches won't we get ours?
I have the hitch, SIBL and Co-pilot on order so I guess I will find out as I get close to my 16 JAN production week.
Cancelled VINS should not #DitchTheHitch. If you are a cancelled VIN and didn't get scheduled, make sure you don't have mudflaps, bed cover, or SIBL. But keep the hitch.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cancelled VINS should not #DitchTheHitch. If you are a cancelled VIN and didn't get scheduled, make sure you don't have mudflaps, bed cover, or SIBL. But keep the hitch.
Silly, uneducated me thought it would be easier to have Ford just put on the mudflaps, SIBL and floormats when I ordered in 11/21. Sounded easier just to let them do it all. Not this time. Those all left my order and I'm scheduled for 1/9/23 now. My riskiest item (besides hybrid) is the remote start. I did NOT want a separate fob for that.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Silly, uneducated me thought it would be easier to have Ford just put on the mudflaps, SIBL and floormats when I ordered in 11/21. Sounded easier just to let them do it all. Not this time. Those all left my order and I'm scheduled for 1/9/23 now. My riskiest item (besides hybrid) is the remote start. I did NOT want a separate fob for that.
I'm tempted to have it added to my order. My understanding is when Ford removed it from the lux packages, they expected a lot more people to put it back on and are under capacity.

Sponsored

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm tempted to have it added to my order. My understanding is when Ford removed it from the lux packages, they expected a lot more people to put it back on and are under capacity.
I'm stil
Thanks. My situation is different because I do not really need to have the new vehicle because I have an EB already. I want the hybrid eventually though and ordered in in October 2021. My EB was by necessity because I could not wait and needed a vehicle.

That said, you could be correct and perhaps SIBL might be an impacting item. That may have been why I got scheduled for 16 JAN and not earlier or maybe not at all. I like the SIBL factory option because even though it can be done after-market, I like the idea of not having to mess with this or wait for this; plus I like the way Ford finishes it with the logo in the back, warranty, etc.
I can do some small items myself inclusive of floor mats but anything that requires significant installation I would rather get with the vehicle complete.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm stil

Thanks. My situation is different because I do not really need to have the new vehicle because I have an EB already. I want the hybrid eventually though and ordered in in October 2021. My EB was by necessity because I could not wait and needed a vehicle.

That said, you could be correct and perhaps SIBL might be an impacting item. That may have been why I got scheduled for 16 JAN and not earlier or maybe not at all. I like the SIBL factory option because even though it can be done after-market, I like the idea of not having to mess with this or wait for this; plus I like the way Ford finishes it with the logo in the back, warranty, etc.
I can do some small items myself inclusive of floor mats but anything that requires significant installation I would rather get with the vehicle complete.
Jose, you might like my floor mat video on the maverick branded ones.

Deppizzymo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'22 cancelled and rolled into '23. I switched from XLT to XL and added the standalone hitch... I got a scheduled build date yesterday (priority 02). I would keep the hitch. It is the last thing I would remove. Only reason I didn't have it initially on my '22 order was I didn't realize it was the entire receiver/electrical connection. I thought it was simply the ball attachment itself.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am 83 years old ordered my XLT on September 19th 22 have heard nothing from the dealer ford customer service says yes we have your order but I we can't tell you when it will be made I hope I live to drive this truck at least once before I kick the bucket. once
You can will it to me :)