First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see a bunch of you tube videos of other make's small pickups coming out that will "crush" the Maverick or whatever adjectives they use but mostly show a Maverick with some other front photoshopped on it. Only real ones I've seen is the little Dodge truck. Where is the competition? Looks to me like the Maverick will be getting a facelift before any of the others even show up.
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is it 2023 and there are still people who don’t know what click bait and grifting are?

the videos are of fake vehicles

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a plug in hybrid AWD Toyota Stout with an expanding bed, (4.5’ to 7’) 4” off road factory lift, fully articulated 4 wheel steering, 70MPG rated, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds flat, truck.coming in early 2024.

In my mind……

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a bunch of you tube videos of other make's small pickups coming out that will "crush" the Maverick or whatever adjectives they use but mostly show a Maverick with some other front photoshopped on it. Only real ones I've seen is the little Dodge truck. Where is the competition? Looks to me like the Maverick will be getting a facelift before any of the others even show up.
They are all vaporware or as you state photoshopped fakes.

They are all click bait articles and many here on this forum fall for it and promote the fakes.

Same as those who believe that Ford will do an AWD Plug-In Hybrid in 2025 near the same price as the current Hybrid costs.

Ford can't get enough HV batteries for the current Hybrid and adding a PEH model will double the HV batteries needed.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hear GM is bringing back the Pontiac Aztec for 2026. Comes with rear interior storage that converts to a pickup bed and also includes a tent.

You're better off saving your money and waiting on that...

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Chevy Montana is Brazil only and Chevy hasn't announced plans to bring it to US.
  • Ram has one in progress, but it will be MY25 at the earliest.
  • Toyota won't confirm or deny they are even looking into resurrecting the Stout, which would be MY25 at the earliest.
  • Honda has had the Ridgeline for years now.
  • Hyundai is being outsold by Ford.
No one else makes a truck.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It takes four to five years to develop a new product once a decision is made to actually push the button and do it. Even if a company decided to build a competitor to the Maverick, it's not going to be here anytime soon.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The thing that you have to keep in mind is that not only was the industry caught off guard by the popularity of the Maverick but so was Ford themselves. And it usually takes several years from early development to a vehicle actually being produced so if they are reacting to the popularity of the Maverick it may be a while before they actually have a developed product. Yes some manufacturers have small trucks in other markets but that doesn't mean they feel those will be profitable in the United States otherwise they would have offered them here years ago. I think we'll see some competition eventually but it may be another few years.

Another thing to consider is the industry is in a transition stage from gas to electric so some of the auto makers may be working on small electric pickups.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will come just 2025. By then the Mav might get second generation,

Sponsored

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup. Vaporware... :p

Jerry

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, if history repeats itself, that may happen. The Mustang had a face lift by the time Chevy introduced the Camero in 1967. And there was no EV conversion going on or post COVID complications either. Car develpement takes time.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a plug in hybrid AWD Toyota Stout with an expanding bed, (4.5’ to 7’) 4” off road factory lift, fully articulated 4 wheel steering, 70MPG rated, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds flat, truck.coming in early 2024.

In my mind……
Wait, I just put down a non-refundable deposit for one at my Toyota dealer. Salesman said it was at the port in Seattle and would be here in 2 weeks.
Come to think about it, he said he was a salesman but he was just sitting in a Corolla in the Toyota parking lot and said the deposit had to be cash.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, if history repeats itself, that may happen. The Mustang had a face lift by the time Chevy introduced the Camero in 1967. And there was no EV conversion going on or post COVID complications either. Car develpement takes time.
I do feel the Maverick, much like the old Maverick have many things in common with the Mustang.
Both were groundbreaking even if they were really nothing new if you shopped around the used market. Both had a entry level appeal to them. Both marketed (whether they say it or not) as a lady's vehicle. Both sold more than planned. Both are speedy yet versatile. Both are "economic". Both are cheaply made using existing platforms with new skin.

2021 Maverick=1964.5 Mustang

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Chevy Montana is Brazil only and Chevy hasn't announced plans to bring it to US.
  • Ram has one in progress, but it will be MY25 at the earliest.
  • Toyota won't confirm or deny they are even looking into resurrecting the Stout, which would be MY25 at the earliest.
  • Honda has had the Ridgeline for years now.
  • Hyundai is being outsold by Ford.
No one else makes a truck.
Toyota has no Compact trucks listed on the vehicle Forecast sites. They also said they have no intention of building one. This rumor is like Herpes. It's bad, and likely to never go away! As long as there's views to be had on you tube, people will still post this stupid shit.

Ridgeline is not a competitor of the Maverick, but is loosely competition for the Tacoma, Ranger and Colorado.

Hyundai hangs on as the only Maverick competition for 2024.

Ram Rampage is expected to arrive in the US for 2025.
Sponsored

Last edited: