Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I leased a 2017 bolt, my second EV. A very fun car to drive and I had zero problems...
From GM I feel Ford could learn to offer the cold weather package instead of forcing people to buy into the luxury upgrade. It is such a waste in places like Florida/south to pay for a seat warmer...
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read Bolts are all recalled because of fire danger?
Dunno the Ford F-150 Powerboost is a bad ass Hybrid truck. I’d take one of those over everything if I could afford it.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
That pic looks like a red-headed step child............ Sorry to any red-headed step children....But that Chevy is ugly

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
That is the most hideous looking thing I think I have ever seen ! I wouldn't even need to know the specs. Oh, its only $10K and gets 90 mpg ? .... Think I'll pass :) lol

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Dunno the Ford F-150 Powerboost is a bad ass Hybrid truck. I’d take one of those over everything if I could afford it.
LOVE my F150. So when I first heard about the new hybrid F150, I thought, "Wow ! I bet its going to get like 33-35 mpg" ! No. Not even close :( Yes, of course I went on to read how strong it is, and how it can power all kinds of electrical equipment, and yada, yada.... Which is cool and all. But the biggest (only) problem I have with my F150 is the mileage. I don't need a truck to do all the cool stuff that the F150 hybrid does. I just need it to get a LOT better mileage.

BTW, for the 2023 F150 all electric, I had heard that it only had a 300 mile range. And so immediately I thought, but what about with a little load on it... plus obviously you can't run it to zero %.... Then, later I found out that 300 mile range was "with a 1000 lb load", AND "from 100% to 20%" ! What ?!?! It can actually get 468 miles with no load, from 100% to zero ! Now that's not bad at all ! Honestly, as great as a lot of hybrids are, I cant wait for all electric (battery) tech to mature. Hoping I can own an all electric vehicle before I'm too old to drive.

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOVE my F150. So when I first heard about the new hybrid F150, I thought, "Wow ! I bet its going to get like 33-35 mpg" ! No. Not even close :( Yes, of course I went on to read how strong it is, and how it can power all kinds of electrical equipment, and yada, yada.... Which is cool and all. But the biggest (only) problem I have with my F150 is the mileage. I don't need a truck to do all the cool stuff that the F150 hybrid does. I just need it to get a LOT better mileage.

BTW, for the 2023 F150 all electric, I had heard that it only had a 300 mile range. And so immediately I thought, but what about with a little load on it... plus obviously you can't run it to zero %.... Then, later I found out that 300 mile range was "with a 1000 lb load", AND "from 100% to 20%" ! What ?!?! It can actually get 468 miles with no load, from 100% to zero ! Now that's not bad at all ! Honestly, as great as a lot of hybrids are, I cant wait for all electric (battery) tech to mature. Hoping I can own an all electric vehicle before I'm too old to drive.
24 mpg combined in a F150 with the highest towing capabily out of all them, up to 800 miles on one tank of gas plus the extra features you mentioned sounds pretty darn good to me.
The Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB awd can tow less then a 1/4 of that load and only gets 26.6 mpg.
But your also talking about a truck that cost twice as much new.

I don’t care nothing about full electric. Until the get the range way farther or charge time down to 15 minutes or less with stations all over I don’t care. I travel 800 miles one way (1600 round trip) at least 2 times a year. I’m not spending extra vacation days because I have to wait for recharging while traveling.

hybrid motor technology should be the focus for all manufaturers not full electric until they can get a far range, faster recharge time and/or more stations.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
24 mpg combined in a F150 with the highest towing capabily out of all them, up to 800 miles on one tank of gas plus the extra features you mentioned sounds pretty darn good to me.
The Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB awd can tow less then a 1/4 of that load and only gets 26.6 mpg.
But your also talking about a truck that cost twice as much new.

I don’t care nothing about full electric. Until the get the range way farther or charge time down to 15 minutes or less with stations all over I don’t care. I travel 800 miles one way (1600 round trip) at least 2 times a year. I’m not spending extra vacation days because I have to wait for recharging while traveling.

hybrid motor technology should be the focus for all manufaturers not full electric until they can get a far range, faster recharge time and/or more stations.
A 468 mile range is not pretty decent to you ? Don't get me wrong, I'm a driving fool. I drove over 1100 miles last weekend. But after 300 miles, I don't mind a 15 or 20 minute break to stretch my legs, while I bring it back to 80%.
Sure, I think its going to be great when they get all electrics up to a 600 or 800 mile range, but I think I could almost deal with the 468 mile range of the F150 right now.

24mpg for a full sized truck is decent "compared to other full sized trucks". Granted, their are BIG bad ass 3/4 ton diesels that can do quite a bit better than that.... Not to mention, my 13 yo F150 gets 19 mpg. So, I still think that a 2021 Hybrid truck should be getting closer to 30 mpg, if not slightly more. I understand that they took some of the hybrid capability and pushed it in other directions... higher towing, power production for electrical equipment, etc, but again, for myself, they could have left all that out and just gave me 31-33 mpg's, and Id have been happier.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A 468 mile range is not pretty decent to you ? Don't get me wrong, I'm a driving fool. I drove over 1100 miles last weekend. But after 300 miles, I don't mind a 15 or 20 minute break to stretch my legs, while I bring it back to 80%.
Sure, I think its going to be great when they get all electrics up to a 600 or 800 mile range, but I think I could almost deal with the 468 mile range of the F150 right now.

24mpg for a full sized truck is decent "compared to other full sized trucks". Granted, their are BIG bad ass 3/4 ton diesels that can do quite a bit better than that.... Not to mention, my 13 yo F150 gets 19 mpg. So, I still think that a 2021 Hybrid truck should be getting closer to 30 mpg, if not slightly more. I understand that they took some of the hybrid capability and pushed it in other directions... higher towing, power production for electrical equipment, etc, but again, for myself, they could have left all that out and just gave me 31-33 mpg's, and Id have been happier.
No 468 miles is not a good range if it takes 30 minutes to a hour to recharge and I have the inconvenience of scheduling my route by available charging stations over a 800 mile trip.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I don't know if those pics are official but it looks like a Ram had an illegitimate child with the Bezos dong rocket. Hideous.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
No 468 miles is not a good range if it takes 30 minutes to a hour to recharge and I have the inconvenience of scheduling my route by available charging stations over a 800 mile trip.
If you don't think 468 miles is pretty decent range, your in a small minority.
And again, after driving 300-400 miles straight, I wouldn't mind a 20-30 minute break to stretch my legs and grab a bite to eat.

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't think 468 miles is pretty decent range, your in a small minority.
And again, after driving 300-400 miles straight, I wouldn't mind a 20-30 minute break to stretch my legs and grab a bite to eat.
Lol, it’s the inconvenience of finding a charging station. A lot of these charging stations are off the fastest route to your destination depending on where you are going. You must not travel long distances over 468 miles one way across country on the Eastern Coast. The other problem is the limited availability of charge stations some places only have one charge station.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I’m a GM guy since I was kid pulling engines out of 57 chevys with
a ”A” frame. But after my current truck with AFM I won’t buy another Chevy

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You must not travel long distances over 468 miles one way across country on the Eastern Coast. The other problem is the limited availability of charge stations some places only have one charge station.
Bingo. I drive a Chevy Volt and live waaaaaayyyyyy out in the country so am very aware of problems the EVs can have.

Someone on an RV forum tried to defend the F150 Lightening range anxiety with this suggestion: drive 2 hours, stop at campground to make camp & charge up, continue next day for 2hrs, rinse & repeat. Hah! This short trip cycle is because everyone knows towing will cut the Lightening's 300 mile range in half.

2 hours?! Some of us RV/campers want to be camping 1,000+ miles away, so at a 2hr trip rate we'll be spending more time on the road than anywhere else. And yea I get the "it's the journey not the destination" but seriously -- TWO hours! Laughable.

Plug-in hybrid is the way to do long hauls, camping, and all the things Americans love to do in this big country (Canadians included ... they got a big country too). Gas/diesel while doing the long legs of the trip and electric while running around town being a tourist.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m a GM guy since I was kid pulling engines out of 57 chevys with
a ”A” frame. But after my current truck with AFM I won’t buy another Chevy
I hear you, we get the GMFamily discount and still are buying a Ford. That will be two new Fords in 8 years (own a paid off 2013 Mustang). The only other new car was my daughters new Toyota Camry that is paid off. I’ve been really impressed with Ford and Toyota over GM (we owned all new GM cars up till 2013).
GM lineup is blah and overpriced. All the good deals are in things that cost $50k + which is out of my monthly payment range even with the GM discount.
Sponsored