First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have now hauled wood, tile, stone, dirt, sand, french doors, bikes, 36qts of baked beans, etc, etc. Not the nicest build quality. But it's hard to argue a small bed and 43mpg.
Dang! That’s a lot of beans, are you planning on converting your Maverick to run on methane!

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang! That’s a lot of beans, are you planning on converting your Maverick to run on methane!
Lol no. Essentially a very large pot luck. Where I needed enough beans for a couple hundred.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know the hitch is constrained. But the hitch can be used for many things besides towing. Think bike rack, carriers. Not having the hitch reduces the versatility of the truck. Every truck should have it.

OceanMan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3 now Maverick soon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes you need to accelerate on ice. Unless you plan on not driving. Awd makes a huge difference. Yes I know, snow tires are more important.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll likely never tow with my Maverick. I do plan on hauling things -- it's one of the main reason I wanted something with a truck bed to begin with.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing we ever tow is our mountain bikes. We did not need a truck, wouldn't have even considered one had the Maverick hybrid not been announced.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use the hitch on mine for a bicycle hitch rack. Saves the trouble of wrestling them into the bed and as a result, I have all the bed space for other items.

Anthony

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't follow the survey link, but I'm not sure I understand the point of such a survey. What percentage of people who drive 7-seat SUVs actually drive around with 6 other people? What percentage of cars with Z-rated tires drive at 150mph? What percentage of vehicles with a spare tire actually use the spare tire? I suppose maybe it's an interesting statistic, but it has a weird 'this many people shouldn't be driving this' vibe. Kind of like seeing someone with a multitool in their pocket and wanting to know how often they need the flathead screwdriver, then telling them they should really just carry a pocket knife, pliers and a philips screwdriver since that's all they actually need. ./shrug

Personally:
Hauling - lightly, yes. 4x8 sheets a few times so far, which I couldn't fit in my previous car or SUV. I have moved furniture with a Honda Civic, done recycling with an SUV, I know it can all be done. A small utility trailer could do most of anything else. It sure is more convenient to me to have a truck bed right now, even a small one.
Towing - probably not, but I like having the option. Hitch on my last vehicle only got used 3 or 4 times, but I was glad to have it when I used it.

Sponsored

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Purchased mine for fuel economy and home projects. So not hauling stuff often but often enough to need a small truck.

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
Hopefully I can stop towing, it's why I want the bed. I'm planning on selling both my trailers when the Maverick gets here. I have a trailer hooked up to my car nearly once a week in the summer pulling a motorcycle somewhere.

As far as concerns with how other people use their full size trucks, at least work out cloths and sports cars don't affect anyone else. Full size trucks increase traffic, decrease parking, and pose a safety risk for other motorists and pedestrians around them. People have a right to buy them and use them however they want, but we're allowed to judge them on their decision making.
How does a full size truck increase traffic more than a Rav4? How do they decrease parking? Last I checked it’s one spot per vehicle. And how are they a bigger safety risk to others than that Rav4 is?

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How does a full size truck increase traffic more than a Rav4? How do they decrease parking? Last I checked it’s one spot per vehicle. And how are they a bigger safety risk to others than that Rav4 is?
If one and a half rav4s fit in the length of 1 full size truck, when stopped in traffic every 2 full size trucks is taking the room of 3 rav4s, and backs up people behind them more than it normally would. This effects intersections further back, not being able to get into turn lanes, etc. The further everyone is spaced, the more strains on traffic flow it creates.

Parking spaces are either big enough to fit these full size trucks, and could instead be normal size and more of them, or they are normal size and full size trucks need to take up 2 to fit. Even more so for parallel parking.

Full size trucks pose a safety risk to those around them with much bigger blind spots, and higher up impact zones. If a rav4 blows a light and t-bones me, the bumper is impacting the door around my waist area, if a full size truck does it's bumper will be at my window and near my head. Both not great, but I like my chances against the rav4 a whole lot better.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have done some towing but mostly hauling (I am DYI guy). This will change soon though...I getting my Scamp (travel trailer) this week-end! Hopefully lots of towing in my future! :)

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the last 18 years I have hauled & towed everything I need to with a Ford Taurus, which I could have continued to do, but my legs are giving out & I needed a vehicle that I can get out of without a cane. I don't care for trucks because they are oversized macho vehicles & use unbelievable amounts of fuel, they don't fit well in parking spaces or even some garages, the Maverick is none of that, it's just alot of common sense in one package. So I bought one, & I love it!
Sponsored