First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Survey data from vehicle research firm Strategic Vision shows a third of today’s pickup owners rarely or never use their truck for hauling, while two-thirds rarely or never use it for towing.
source AXIOS Article is focused on big trucks, not compact trucks like Maverick.

Will you actually use your truck for hauling and towing?
Yep yep. I assume these numbers are closer to 75% maverick owners dont do these things more than once/year lol but thats the market this little baby was designed for. It does both just fine though. I use mine for work every day.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purposely ordered one with the tow hitch even though the only time I've ever towed anything in my life was the one time I moved across the country about 15 years ago. Have used the bed to haul a couple of appliances as well as grocery trips to Costco or Sams, but that is it. And I'm perfectly OK with barely utilizing the bed or tow hitch.
For the record: it would be quite a costco trip to qualify as ‘hauling’ 😂 not hating on your truck usage lol its all good. Just a comical line you had

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the record: it would be quite a costco trip to qualify as ‘hauling’ 😂 not hating on your truck usage lol its all good. Just a comical line you had
Agreed. Just declaring any usage of the truck bed there as “ hauling” stuff.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also 99.9% of truck owners dont mud neither.
I’ve already been off road with mine, well sorta! One night about 2 weeks ago stayed night in hotel. Saw the sign for the hotel and saw what I thought was the drive way. It was just a piece of the old driveway it had been moved to other side of sign. Too late I’d already turned and wasn’t about to back up into traffic so across the wet grass and dirt for about 75-100ft.

Sponsored

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put an office chair in the bed today. #truckthings

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have hauled large stuff in the back. I use a lot of firewood and I can haul loads myself instead of paying for someone to deliver.
Not sure if I’ll ever tow with it but I got the tow package just in case. I would like a trailer to move around motorcycles/dirt bikes and a small camper eventually but that won’t be for years to come. If I still have my maverick I’ll be using it to tow.
I have taken it off roading a few times already too. I have pictures in my posts of all my antics. Definitely not an amazing off roader but with a lift and better tires it can open it up to some trails without having to worry about damaging the vehicle. I probably won’t take it off road until I get that spring lift.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most I'll tow is maybe a U-Haul rental trailer when moving or my scooter (moped) hitch rack. But my lack of towing is why I went with the hybrid.

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No towing but love that I can haul stuff that wouldn't easily fit in a non-truck. I've hauled a full-size refrigerator, several loads of construction debris, and a few piles of rock, stone, and other yard things. I look for things to haul now.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve already been off road with mine, well sorta! One night about 2 weeks ago stayed night in hotel. Saw the sign for the hotel and saw what I thought was the drive way. It was just a piece of the old driveway it had been moved to other side of sign. Too late I’d already turned and wasn’t about to back up into traffic so across the wet grass and dirt for about 75-100ft.
Nice, I would use that entrance every time I stayed there. Back in ohio on the south end of springfield, there is a Arbys I used to frequent on my lunch breaks. You could enter throught the Odd Lots parking lot like most people or you could take the short cut through the gas station go through the busted up curb and dip through the mud hole on your way to the drive through. Depending on the weather it can go fro 6" to 18" deep. Always a good fun to dip your toes in and get a lil dirty.

Some times those little holes are the best. Here in Maui if I go up the hill there is a couple offroad detours, nothing longer than a football field but quick and easy to hit often and spin the tires.
Ford Maverick Two thirds of truck owners don't tow, one third truck owners don't haul Screenshot 2023-01-23 181933

This one has about a 20ft climb and then a steep dip down to get to the road.
Ford Maverick Two thirds of truck owners don't tow, one third truck owners don't haul Screenshot 2023-01-23 183338

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes.

Towed in first 45 days.
But only tow 4 or 5 times a year. So a
Little Truck fit the bill and I can stomach using it for a daily driver at 45+ MPG city.

Used it for bringing home 3/4" plywood last week, and 10' sections of plastic pipe.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's no huge surprise that a large portion of truck owners do not use the full capabilities of their vehicles. It seems to me that far too many buy them as penile extensions.

Personally, I plan to haul myself and a very heavy non-folding power wheelchair plus a bed lift system, maybe 400 pounds, and to haul a lightweight travel trailer to do some off-grid camping in quiet areas.

I'm lucky to only need the chair for some things, and to have enough mobility without it, so that I can drive the truck, load and unload my own chair, hitch and unhitch the camper, put down its jacks, and get inside and move around inside, and function on my own.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Owned trucks for decades, hauled all manner of things, on a regular basis. But can count on one hand (actually just need a couple fingers) the times I ever towed anything. It's why I had no qualms about removing the standalone hitch.

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fantastic for hauling stuff to dump/recycling/compost.
I'm glad to see someone else excited to recycle. I like scrapping when I can. It is easy money!

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine will be used to tow a utility trailer plenty. Minimum of 1-2 times a week.
Sponsored