clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that Ford is well aware of the problem--but they aren't issuing a recall or TSB because they don't have enough harnesses to fix all of the trucks, and they don't want to pay for rentals while we wait for repairs. So, they are just going to silently sit on it, either until they can get enough harnesses, or until the NHTSA forces them to do something. Time will tell...

I'm just hoping that the one time I get the dreaded messages about my truck needing to hibernate was an unrelated fluke--because that's about all I can do. Doesn't inspire much confidence in Ford.
My dealership laughed (ok more like a little chuckle) when I asked if there were loaners available :(
Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
STRANGE NOTE ON NHTSA WEBSITE AFTER FILING REPORT. See the bottom of my report confirmation, where it says that my complaint will be filed on their website so that others can see it in case they are having the same problem. When filing my report, I had no opportunity to review other Maverick complaints.

Ford Maverick Tracking DEAD HYBRID Mavericks Reported Dealer Solutions / Fixes ... 1660861761205

Ford Maverick Tracking DEAD HYBRID Mavericks Reported Dealer Solutions / Fixes ... 1660861791057

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp it happened to me too 🙁

I got a deep sleep message every night this previous week and when I went to drive it today it was completely dead. Using my multimeter I saw that the battery terminals read 5.6V and same with the points under the hood. I verified that there was no resistance path to ground from the passenger fuse panel so that I could prove to the dealership that the install of my dashcam and mirror are not the cause.

Tomorrow I’ll try to jump it to get it to the dealership but I’m a two car household and both of us work so I reeeeeeaaaally hope they have a loaner

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got an update yesterday. The service team worked with Ford engineering to try the lug replacement fix to 1617E, however it did not resolve the issue. Have to wait for a harness now. The harness is backordered again with NO estimated availability date.

After discussions with Ford Customer Service - it's been escalated to "emergency", and they're providing reimbursement for a rental (up to $2000) as no loaner is available. It's not great, but it's better than nothing. I will say that their Customer Service team was genuinely helpful - which is really nice to see.

@Ford Motor Company

My Dealer arranged an Enterprise Rental at Ford's expense for 30 days. The owner above also got rental reimbursement, but you must push. Get FORD directly involved. FORD has recently declared war on dealers, so your dealer will not want to stir the Giant....but they will laugh and screw you!
Good luck.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
02.02.22 I purchased a Hyundai Santa Crux Limited - expensive, perhaps quality build comes with a price? I was willing to pay that price, then wait for the 1st Edition AWD, 4k Tow loaded Maverick, and I also have a Alto Blue Lariat Hybrid on order, which is not yet "in Production". And again I am willing to have and pay for the comforts... Not arrogance, just what I value.

It genuinely seems that the cost of the SC Limited and safety is also to be an added "plus" with this Santa Cruz - check out the NHTSA comparison:
Ford Maverick Tracking DEAD HYBRID Mavericks Reported Dealer Solutions / Fixes ... 1661116795576

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
02.02.22 I purchased a Hyundai Santa Crux Limited - expensive, perhaps quality build comes with a price? I was willing to pay that price, then wait for the 1st Edition AWD, 4k Tow loaded Maverick, and I also have a Alto Blue Lariat Hybrid on order, which is not yet "in Production". And again I am willing to have and pay for the comforts... Not arrogance, just what I value.

It genuinely seems that the cost of the SC Limited and safety is also to be an added "plus" with this Santa Cruz - check out the NHTSA comparison:
1661116795576.png
I believe there are more than 2x as many Mavericks sold, but similar number of complaints… not a great argument.

Sponsored

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp it happened to me too 🙁

I got a deep sleep message every night this previous week and when I went to drive it today it was completely dead. Using my multimeter I saw that the battery terminals read 5.6V and same with the points under the hood. I verified that there was no resistance path to ground from the passenger fuse panel so that I could prove to the dealership that the install of my dashcam and mirror are not the cause.

Tomorrow I’ll try to jump it to get it to the dealership but I’m a two car household and both of us work so I reeeeeeaaaally hope they have a loaner
It's under warranty, if they don't have a loaner get in touch with Ford customer service and explain the situation, they can pay to get you a rental from a third party.

They will assign you a case manager that will work with the dealership through the issue. Tell them "My vehicle is under warranty, I'm actively paying money every month on a vehicle that isn't working, I need transportation". I had them agree to provide me with a rental, until my dealership somehow came up with a nice f150 loaner. Best of luck!

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe there are more than 2x as many Mavericks sold, but similar number of complaints… not a great argument.

apparently providing information is the establishment of an ARGUMENT? Hahaha...

Have a good day - oops did I create another argument?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
apparently providing information is the establishment of an ARGUMENT? Hahaha...

Have a good day - oops did I create another argument?
Ah, genuine trolling and gaslighting.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's under warranty, if they don't have a loaner get in touch with Ford customer service and explain the situation, they can pay to get you a rental from a third party.

They will assign you a case manager that will work with the dealership through the issue. Tell them "My vehicle is under warranty, I'm actively paying money every month on a vehicle that isn't working, I need transportation". I had them agree to provide me with a rental, until my dealership somehow came up with a nice f150 loaner. Best of luck!
Thank you, I spoke with my dealership and they said that if I got a rental I could contact Ford and they would pay up to $35/day for a rental. The awful thing is that the cheapest rentals near me were almost twice that... I ended up getting some help from a family member for a discount on a rental but it still won't be down to the 35. I'll be calling Ford customer service to get reimbursed and complain about the limit.

Personally I knew issues would eventually come up and accept that. However, the true test of a company is how they respond to issues and I do not feel that Ford is doing a good job of that.

hjfoxwell

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid Lariat
Had the same dead Mav Hybrid problem, got towed to dealer. Just got word after a few days there.
They said fusebox OR cable harness problem (unsure until parts replaced) HOWEVER parts are on back order, MAYBE will arrive in September. Meantime, they gave me a loaner.
Ordered my Mav last August, got it in February; I guess early production models not fully tested!
Sponsored